Status: Joint Story

The Sun Makes Shadows

Nightmare

Nyaa’s POV

I was shaken awake and my breathing was heavy. It took a second for my vision to clear up but I noticed that I was in my room along with Val and Matt.

You know when you wake up from a nightmare and your hearts still beating and that fear in still sitting in your stomach? I had that feeling; the only clue that I had a bad dream.

“What happened?” Val asked and I focused on her.

“I-I had a nightmare,” was all I was able to stutter out.

“About what? We thought someone snuck in and was trying to kill your or something! Do you know how worried I was?! I thought it was-“

“Matt!” Val cut off his rant and he looked over at us.

I looked into his eyes; I don’t know if it was because I was still half asleep but I couldn’t read the emotions in them; there were too many…

“I don’t remember,” I admitted before looking down.

The room grew quiet and I was suddenly pulled into someone’s arms. I could tell by the size that they were Val’s small ones. I shut my eyes tight and buried my face into my neck as tears started to form.

“I’m sorry mom,” I choked out.

Val froze for a moment and I didn’t even noticed what I had said; it slipped out like it was natural. She started to rub my back as she snapped out of it.

“It’s okay baby,” I could hear a sad smile in her voice.

She held me until my eyes fluttered shut again.

___

I woke up again but this time it was morning, I think, and headed downstairs. Matt and Val were drinking coffee and sharing worried glances at each other when I came in.

“Hey,” I muttered.

“Hey,” Val smiled at me and I returned it.

“Did you sleep well?” Matt asked and I nodded.

“I didn’t dream,” they nodded in understanding as I took a seat at the table and Val placed some pancakes in front of me.

“I was thinking we could go shopping today for some school stuff,” I looked up from my food and nodded.

“Sounds fun… Are you coming Matt?” He shook his head still looking down at his coffee.

“Naw just you two and the rest of the girls,” I nodded knowing he was referring to all the guys girlfriends and stuff.

“Sounds fun,” I repeated with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and crappy but some important stuff going on…

Sorry I was talking to my co-author about this story while updating and we’ve been getting the details together for what’s gonna go down in this :P

Can’t wait.
Anywho!

Comment, subscribe, banner (there’s 152 subs at least ONE of you can make a banner right?)
-Neche