Gotta Have You

Epilogue: I gotta have you

I woke up to the smell of coffee and a soft kiss on my forehead. Ever since we broke up, then got back together, then got married (which I'm still excited about, even after 5 years), you've woken me up the same way, unless you're gone for the week on business. Even then, though, you set the coffee pot so there's always hot coffee when I wake up. (Though I must admit, my favorite part is the kiss).

"Morning, love."

"Morning, Gee." I said, blinking my eyes open. "Have a nice sleep?"

"Once you let me, definitely." you said, smirking.

"Oh, come on. You were practically begging for it." I smirked. "You know you loved every minute."

"I thought you'd have learned that's basically a given by now." you said. "I always love every minute." You nibbled and kissed my collar bone, and I could feel the smirk on your lips.

"Gee, I just woke up." I whined. "At least let me drink my coffee before you try to sex me up."

I giggled at your adorable pout when you pulled away and took a sip of my coffee before you handed it over.

"So, my love, what are we going to do this beautiful Saturday?" you asked. "We can't go over to Mikey's because, apparently, Alicia is moodier than ever."

Mikey and Alicia had gotten married shortly after you and I had. Alicia was now pregnant with their first child.

"See, this is why I love you." I said. "You'll never get all moody on me or get weird cravings like pickles and peanut butter."

"You're just happy you don't have to buy condoms for fear of either of us getting pregnant." you smiled, poking me in the side.

"Oh, you wanna start something?" I said, setting my coffee down on the rolling, upside-down u-shaped piece of wood that functioned as our desk whenever we worked in bed. I flipped over so I was on top of you and started tickling you in the sides, knowing they were your weak spot.

"Frankie!" you shrieked. "St-stop it!"

I carried on tickling you until I was laughing too hard t continue, then flopped down on your chest, loving the feel of its rise and fall as you tried to regain your breath.

"I love you, Gee." I said, kissing your perfect chest through your t-shirt.

"I love you, too, Frankie." you said. "We should probably get cleaned up and start working. We've got to have the next volume done by the end of next month and we still have two chapters to go."

I groaned. Don't get me wrong, I love everything we do, and I love being able to work together at home, I just despised deadlines. As part of my wedding present to you, I surprised you with a plot line for a comic I had in mind. You always said you wanted to work together and this seemed like a perfect way to do that. I wrote, you drew; we were the perfect comic-writing duo. You'd shown the idea to your boss right after our honeymoon, who gave you license to make your first comic of your own and not just helping someone else draw backgrounds.

Since then, we've become one of the best known duos in modern comics. We could work from home, me typing on my laptop, leaning on your left side, so I wouldn't get in the way, while you drew out panel after panel of our newest creation. Even though it would have been much easier, you never let anyone else help with the drawings, insisting that it was just me and you. Of course, its meant it generally took longer to get a comic finished (whether because of the fact that you were only human, or because leaving us together, alone, in the bedroom wasn't the best decision when work needed to be done), but the readers always stuck with us, waiting anxiously for the next volume.

Sometimes, I think that, given the option, we wouldn't leave the bedroom for weeks on end, save for food and bathroom breaks. And coffee.

"Frankie?" you asked later that day. "What're you writing? You finished these chapters weeks ago. You can't already be working on a new comic?"

I laughed quietly. You'd asked me this every day since I finished the comics. I just smiled and told you you'd see soon enough.

That was 3 weeks ago. Today was our 5th anniversary, and you'll finally get to see what I've been writing all this time. A letter, from me, to you, all about, well, us.

I wrote this to show you just how much I love you. Tonight at dinner, I'm going to give it to you as your present, and I hope you like it. We traded off planning our anniversaries every other year and I hoped to make this one special.

I'm sitting next to you as you read this, and, if all had gone according to plan, we're waiting to watch the sunrise together from our balcony.

I really hope you like this. Mikey, Ray and Rob, who goes by Bob now and is dating Ray (who would have seen that coming?), all thought it was a great idea and I let them read the majority of it to make sure it wasn't ridiculous. This part I'm writing now, though, is just for your and my eyes only.

I love you with all my heart, Gee, and then some. I will never leave you so long as I live. If there's anything I'm certain of, it's this: I gotta have you; there's nothing and no one else that will love and care for me or give me butterflies or make me go weak in the knees like you do. You're my everything and I'm so glad we never gave up on our happily ever after, because we've got it, baby. We got the fairy tale ending, and nothing can stop us now.
♠ ♠ ♠
The desk looks like this.

Thanks for sticking with this and for all your dedication! This one goes out to IntentToStartAFire, because she's commented on every single chapter AT LEAST once, if not 20 times.

You're all amazing and I hope you'll check out the top right corner of the page for your surprise.

<3 Casey