Status: Active. About once a week. Sorry for the slow updates lately, I have a lot going on in my life. :I

The Choices We Make

Birthday Presents

The week droned on and passed by quickly and soon it was my birthday. Jake and I didn't discuss what happened. We didn't even talk. Two more weeks had gone by since my first doctors check up. I logged all of my week eight information in my journal with sadness. I gained four pounds.

I got dressed quickly and felt sad as I realized that soon, I would be leaving school in just about a month. The time was flying by so quick and we were starting on finals this week.

My mom drove me to school today and I got out of the car brushing off my light purple non-clingy baby doll shirt and gray skinny jeans.

As soon as my mother drove away with a wave Zane came out of no where and jumped on me. I laughed as I tried to stay sturdy and not fall over. I gently pushed him off of me. He made a pouty lip and I seen in his hand a pink sparkle covered gift bag. I pointed at it and then looked at him. He giggled and then held it by one finger, dangling it in my face. I snatched it.

“What is this?” I hissed.

“Oh, Dammit Ace, It's a present. Go on, open it.”

I wasn't to into the thought of a present. How could a present on a day that made me more pregnant and closer to having to move away?

I hold it loosely and walk into the school. “Lemme open it inside.” I sighed.

He skipped behind me as we entered the school. It took a good ten maybe fifteen minutes to get to my first hour because everyone was hugging me and giving me presents. Before we went to my class I had to take them all to my locker. I stuffed them in there carefully and finally when we got into the class I sat down and opened it. Zane hovered over me.

There was a card inside and I dove for it first. Presents annoyed me but cards were perfectly okay. I loved them.

The card was short but wide. On the front it had a picture of me and Zane as kids holding hands while walking through a trail in the woods. My dad took that picture.. My eyes teared up as I thought about my dad and about how simple things were. Around the picture was my name in glitter and little hearts and smilies. A tear fell and I opened it up. I was hoping that I wouldn't be bawling when I read it but of course my sensitiveness came out.

Acelynn,

You are 16! (: You, girl, have taught me so damn much.
Three years age difference but yet you're the wise one.
You keep me sane, you know? I remember when I actually
came out and nobody understand, my whole intermediate
family was going crazy; they were scared they wouldn't
get kids out of me. But then you, you were there, I cried
in your arms even though it made me loose a little bit of
dignity. You understood me. You still loved me even
though I was different. I guess that's because you are
different, too. Maybe that's we are perfect best friends.
I'm sorry that life has dealt you such a crap hand in life,
but you know I am here for you a hundred percent of
the way. Shit, life sucks. I just want to tell you that I
got you enrolled in a accelerated school in warm Florida.

That's far from this crap hole, Missouri. I wish you didn't
have to leave Jake and Nathan behind. They love you.
But not as much as I do. I will take you wherever you
want. You aren't going to be just a teen mom. Your
baby wont be without a father figure. I will be there.

God, I love you. Thank you for everything and Happy
Birthday again.

Love,
Zane <3


I closed the card and erupted in tears. He put his arms around me as I cried. Mrs. Yale looked up from her computer, obviously concerned but Zane smiled softly at her; reassuring her.

“Open the actual present, Hon.” My shaking hands reached into the bag and inside was a yellow scrap book. I pulled it out and the picture on the front was the same as the one on my card. I smiled at him while the tears continued to pour.

He reached his hand out and flipped to the first page. I smiled seeing a picture of my mom's belly while pregnant with me and a separate picture of his mom's bell when she was pregnant with him. 'Soul Mates' was written under it and I laughed. We called ourselves that often. Not in the intimate way but in the best friend way.

As I flipped the pages it was pictures of us as kids together. The page numbers grew and so did Zane and I in the pictures. I finally got to the last page that contained a picture of us at the mall last week. Zane took it with his cell phone. He was smiling brightly while looking gorgeous and I attempted a smile while trying to balance five shopping bags that Zane refused to carry. His nails were 'too precious' to carry bags.

“There are several empty pages left so that we can fill it up as we go. I knew that if I ended the scrap book at that picture it would be dumb, we still have so many other fun times ahead to log!”

I kissed his cheek and he hugged me tightly. “Thank you, Zane.” I said finally cooling down. Thank God for that because just as I was composed Nathan walked in with a small black box. Zane kissed my forehead and then snatched up the scrap book and bag. “I'm taking you home tonight. I'll run these to my car.” I nodded as Nathan walked slowly over to me. I stood up and smiled at him.

“Got you a present, sweet stuff.”

I looked over at Mrs. Yale and decided she didn't need to have to see my personal life all morning so I led Nate out of the class room and into the empty halls. Everyone was hanging out outside, the main hall, or the library since we still had about ten minutes before school officially started.

He handed the black box to me. “Here. Open it.”

It wasn't wrapped so I just pulled off the top and beamed at the silver band in the box. I looked up at him and he grinned. He pulled it out of the box. “It has your name around the outside and-” He tilted it so I could see the inside. “ it has my name on the inside. I have a matching one but it's the other way around. My name on the outside, you're name on the inside. It's my way of saying no matter where we go in life, no matter where we end up, you're my best friend and I love you.” He touched where my heart is and put my hand to his. “And that we will always be right here. Inside each others hearts.”

My tears sparkled down my cheeks. I put on the ring and then wrapped my arms around him, hugging him so tight. He pulled away and bent down to kiss me tenderly on the lips.

“Thank you, Nate.”

Jake veered down the hall and stopped when he saw me and Nate. I looked at him with tired eyes. Nate followed my eyes. “I'll let you two talk, Happy birthday again, beautiful.”

He walked away and left Jake and I alone in the hallway. I bit my lip and he finally reached me.

“Happy birthday.” He whispered. I nodded and he held out a delicate gold necklace. It had a little heart charm on it. I tried not to cry but it happened. For the third damn time this morning.

“Do you want to wear it?” I nodded and held up my hair as he latched it around my neck. The heart rested right under my clavicle. I hugged him awkwardly and he kissed my cheek.

“Thanks.” I said, quietly. He nodded and the bell rung. He grabbed my hand and we walked to class together.

That school day droned on and on with tons of 'happy birthday's and presents. With the help of Zane I got all of my presents out of my locker and carried them to his car. We listened to classical music as he drove slowly to my house.

I was about to ask him why he was taking me home when his phone erupted in vibration. “Yellow?”

He grinned mischievously. “We're almost there.” He waited a moment nodding as he listened to the person on the other end of the line. “Perfect.”

I raised my eyebrow and stared at him with suspicion. “What was that?”

“Hmm?” He asked.

I rolled my eyes. “Don't pretend you didn't hear me. What was that?”

Zane's eyes stayed focused on the road. “That, you dear old Amish, was a cell phone.” I fake gasped and made my eyes get big.

“Are you for cereal? I woulda' never guessed.” I scoffed. “Be serious, dip stick, what was that about.”

Zane turned up the radio and I flashed him a glare. “This is my favorite song?” He said with question to his tone.

I stared at him as he fake danced to the pop song on the radio. “You hate Justin Bieber.”

He shrugged and before I could open my mouth again we were at my house. As I stepped out of the car and looked at my house a scowl washed over my face. I tried to get back into the car but before I could Zane grabbed my hand and was towing me towards my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ba-da-ba-da-BAAAAAA!! Ello! Wassup, Parteh people. So here it has been snowing like CCCRAZZZYYY! And I have had like a gazillion snow days so updates may be coming more than I want to(: hehe. I really loved Nathan' s present! Of course the feelings between them are still no more romantic.

So, i thought I had this planned out and I knew how the story would go but I've gotten attached to characters and shizzle so I dunno how it's gonna go now. I'll just write from the heart. To save you the pain later, yes; as she has said many times, she is going to move with Zane. Defiantly. Sorrys. It will get better.. eventually.

I still am debating what to do with the child. But I think I know. I like the idea I have but then again.. I have a different one that is also tempting.

God, who knows. Whatchyall think should happen?

Well comment, subscribe, all the shizzle. (: Pretty pu-leze.

And, yes, I changed the layout, the old one was bugging the shhhh-eit, outta me!