Status: Active. About once a week. Sorry for the slow updates lately, I have a lot going on in my life. :I

The Choices We Make

Confusion Is Out Staying Its Welcome

It was the weekend after my birthday and everything seemed to be going well. The whole week passed by quick and everything stayed normal. Things with me and Nate were good and things with me and Jake were awkward but we still attempted to make normal conversations. Attempted.

The sun shone brightly through my windows and Nathan sat quietly on the edge of my bed. I did a double take and jumped. I had only awoken a few minutes ago and didn't recall seeing him there.

"He-ey Nate, when did you get in here?"

He smiled and scooted next to me with a bag in his hand. "About ten mins ago. You sleep so peacefully."

Surprise, Surprise.

"I brought you some breakfast. Just some pancakes and orange juice. Nothing too complex, just how you like it" He grinned at me. His devilish smile drew me in.

"Thanks, sweet cheeks."

He handed me the food and I sat up to eat while he talked.

"So, can you believe I graduate in-," he used his fingers to count. "Two weeks?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. Was it really that soon? "Two?"

"Yeah, we get out a week earlier than you guys."

"Right."

I don't know why but surprise and sadness washed over me and I felt nauseous. I shouldn't have been so shocked and sad. I've been getting prepared for this for a while. I knew it was coming, I can't be upset. I have to do this for the baby. I have to do this for Nate, for Jake. I need to protect them.

Nate studied my face. "You alright."

I nodded.

He grabbed my hand. "So member how I wanted to be a police officer so I can shoot people..?"

I laughed and leaned my head on his shoulder and put the pancakes on the side table and then said. "Yes, I remember."

"Well.. I have a High School Musical secret..."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"What would that be?"

"I really like singing. I have been in choir, you know that, you're in it with me. But I think I want to do something with that. Singing makes me happy. Like so happy."

And in that moment I knew my decision was right. He had big dreams, dreams I wanted him to fulfill. Who could do that with a baby on their hip and a 16 year old baby mama? Not many.

I knew Nate liked choir but I never thought he liked it that much and me being musically inclined I knew how important music is. My head filled with pictures of him in a recording studio with a smile on his face and his eyes bright. He was and amazing singer. He could go so far.

I kissed his neck softly. "That's amazing, Nate."

"I plan on going to a school with a great music program.. for like four years.. and I was thinking if you are really wanting to do music too that you could come to the same school in two years. We can always be together than."

I felt the tears prickle at my eyes. I often forgot how hard it would be on him when I just left and never said where I was going. I never lie.. unless necessary and at the moment it was completely necessary.

"Yeah, Nate, sounds good. I will just have to take you up on that offer."

"Good. Eat yo' pancakes, women."

"I don't feel like it. I feel sick. I just kinda feel like laying here and cuddling."

He wraped his arms around my waist. "Sounds good, darling."

I wraped my arms around his neck and pulled him close to me. He smelled like cologne as always and I breathed him in. "God, you always smell sooo good."

"Haha. I love you."

"I love you. A lot."

He kissed my neck. "Hey, Ace?"

I closed my eyes and relax. "Yeah, Nate-o?"

"I'm really happy I met you, you changed my life. I'm glad I have you. I dunno what I would do without you, I really don't."

"I know. Always remember, I will do anything for your life to be great. I would do anything for you to have your dreams come true. Never forget that. Okay?"

"Okay... Why?"

I shrugged. "Just because."

"We're weird." He laughed and I felt the vibration of it from his chest. I pushed closer against it and put my ear to his heart. It was beating quickly. I smiled to myself because I knew my heart was doing the same.

I laughed too. "Yeah, I guess we are."

"How're things with Jake?"

"Awkward." I said touching the necklace he gave me.

"You still like him.. like a lot?"

I didn't really know. I hadn't really thought about liking Jake all week. It kind of flew out of my mind. As I thought about it the butterflies weren't there as much. I loved him still.. as a best friend.. and I thought more but can things change that quick? I miss when I used to talk to him all the time. Things have gotten awkward since I got pregnant and nobody even knows.

"Ace?"

I had taken a few minutes to think about it and forgot about Nate. "Sorry.. I dunno Nate. Being a teen sucks. I thought about it and the butterflies aren't really there"

"Hmm."

"What about you?"

He rubbed circles into my back. "Well, I still like Jake like ohmigosh so much. He is soo cute! He has a nice ass." He said faking a lisp.

I smacked the back of his neck and he laughed.

"That's not what I meant, Jerk."

He pulled me tightly to him. "I know."

"So?"

He shrugged. "I don't like anyone."

I felt like there was something behind that. The way he said "like" made it seem like he didn't like anyone but he loved someone. "What's that mean?"

"Let's not worry about that right now."

I sighed. "'Kay.."

"I don't have a secret lover, chill, let's just enjoy this time together."
♠ ♠ ♠
Long time.. no update. I know. Naughty me. But hardly anyone comments so how do I know to keep continuing.

Guys, I don't wanna irritate you, but I need feedback to know if I shall continue this. I wanna know if people are reading it!!

Anyways, I will continue regularly updating if I know you guys like it.

I hope you liked this chapter, lemme know. I had fun writing it and can't wait to get to the juicy and dramaful parts. Prepare yo'selfs. You are gonna need some tissues eventually.

Hugs&&Butterfly kisses. (:

Love Faces by Trey Songz is amazing.. god he is a good singer and he is so freakin' gorgeous.

Comment. Subscribe. Craptio like that. Send me a message. Add me. Whateverr elsee.