Status: Depends who's updating XD Send us some love people, keep this story strong x

Take No Prisoners

Chapter 6

Dusty Sunset Voltage


The dirty tarpaulin fell to the floor, revealing and even dirtier car beneath. Angel beamed widely and brushed hand over the hood, removing the mud and showing the bright green paint work beneath.

"It's a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda," Angel said with a smile, "I'd recognize it anywhere."

I stared at the car and to Angel. I'd never been interested in cars and the cars my family owned in Britain were all modern Bentley's and Rolls Royce's, my transport was never more than a year old, but this car was almost fifty years old. Over double my age.

Pulling the tarp from off the floor I tore off a section and began cleaning the outside of the car.

"You helping?" I inquired.

Angel shook her head, "Nah, I'm going to check if the engines running." She brushed the dirt off the driver side window and her grin grew. "The keys are in."

She carefully opened the door and climbed in. A few seconds later the engine revved and the car gave a satisfying growl. I expected Angel to climb out hyperactive but she didn't. Instead, I heard the sound of plastic clapping together.

Leaving the cleaning, I headed round to where Angel sat. She was sat in the drivers seat with a cardboard box in her lap. A small gasp escaped my lips.

"Are those cassettes?" I exclaimed, grabbing one from the box. I read the name scrawled over the front. Def Leppard 'Pyromania'. I blinked, bemused.

"I have never heard of them." I blushed, knowing Angel would be ashamed of me for not knowing this band.

"You've never heard of Def Leppard!" Angel shouted. She snatched the cassette from my hands and rammed it into the player, quickly surfing to track seven. It started with what sounded like German nonsense then proceeded to cow bells before turning into the rock and roll music my elder brother secretly listened to.

"Rock of Ages." I said with a small smile in remembrance, "My brothers favorite song."

Angels grin faded as she heard the mention of my family. We didn't talk about our past much, in fact we avoided it. We left for different reasons and we had chose to keep the history of ourselves quiet. I instantly regretted mentioning my brother.

"Are we staying here tonight?" I asked changing the subject.

"Might as well." Angel replied, opening her bag and setting up her sleeping bag.

I nodded and began setting up myself to sleep.