Status: Depends who's updating XD Send us some love people, keep this story strong x

Take No Prisoners

Chapter 8

Sunshine Suicide


I wanted to make sure I got out of my hiding place before the sun was up for two reasons. Both of which may seem quite obvious. 1. I don't want to be caught there when the Drac's go out on their daily rounds. 2. It's easier knowing I can be in Oregon by 8:00 am.

Yawning to myself (as there was no-one around to yawn to...) I picked up my few belongings and for what seems like the thousandth time, stuffed them into my overly-crowded backpack. I may as well be called Mary-Fuckin'-Poppins and have done with it.

Looking around for the first time I noticed the refrigerators at the back. Knowing they'd either be empty or full of tinned shit, I wasn't expecting what I saw.

Actual food.

Grabbing whatever I could, I hastily shovled it into my backpack which by now was literally bursting at the seams. It's a good job I was hungry then.

I knew however that I wouldn't have time to eat whilst on the run so I opened a hershey bar and practically ate it whole. As much as I'd have liked to savour the taste and all that, I didn't have the time.

I find that quite ironic. I never seem to have time anymore, yet when I'm out on the run, I might not see a Drac for days at a time. It's strange what war does to you. Cause that's what this is now. This isn't just a bunch of kids being rebellious. This is a war.

I kicked the stand of my motorbike and the engine gave a satisfying roar. It felt good to have the wind in your hair, even if it was only for a little while. If I did make it to Oregon in the next hour I knew I'd be safe. There were safe houses at certain points around Zone 6/7 and I knew that if I could make it to one of them before midday, I'd be OK.

But that 'if' just keeps playing around in my head.

I'd like to say I was passing the time, singing random songs, looking at the desert around me and stuff that sounds pleasant. But that would be a lie.

I was thinking up new ways to make my gun stronger. I liked it though, it was sunshins yellow with a silver stripe down one side. Simple, but deadly.

***


I had been going for about a half hour when I saw something bad. It was very bad.

A horde of dracs were taking on a couple of people. My eyesight might be good, but I couldn't see anything specific other than the car. It was bright green. I kicked the motor into gear and sped up as fast as I could to get to the fight scene, before it became a morgue. I had only once seen a horde of Dracs this big before. There must have been thirty!

This explains why I hadn't seen any on my drive up this way.

Braking hard, I kicked up a stream of dust that blocked me from the Draculoids view for a length of time that got me to the side of the two people.

By their clothing I could instantly tell they were on my side. The bright colours and bandana's were enough to tell me that. They were girls like me, one looked too small and delicate to be a killjoy, the other was a fighter. That much was obvious.

"Who the hell are you?" The small girl asked. She was British and posh. Figures.

"My name is Sunshine Suicide. I could ask you the same question." I retorted, taking an instant disliking to the girl.

"I'm Dusty Sunset Voltage." She said quickly, taking a glance at the Draculoids. "And this-" she pointed to the other girl, "is Angel of Anarchy."

The other girl blatantly ignored me. I wasn't bothered by this. It meant she was clever about the way she went about things. She didn't trust me, I didn't trust them either. It was kinda like an unwritten rule. You would go to the aid of a fellow Killjoy if they needed you. But you don't have to then make ties with them.

It made things easier for all of us.

"Party's over." The one named Angel said reffering to the onslaught of Dracs. One of them had pulled out a gun. Her face didn't show any sign of emotion. The one named Dusty grimaced slightly but she pulled her gun out.

I just laughed.

They both looked at me with startled expressions on their faces.

"This is childs play. There's three of us. Thirty of them that's ten each." I looked at their incredulous faces.

"You can trust me on this one." I smirked and pulled out my own gun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Killjoys! Sorry it's been a while, I had to lay low for ages while some Dracs stormed this hideout of mine.

Also sorry as one of authors has decided she doesn't want to write with us anymore :( So theres been quite a bit of confusion on all of our parts!! Love you all! X