Status: Depends who's updating XD Send us some love people, keep this story strong x

Take No Prisoners

Chapter 18

Shadowed Nuclear


I knew instantly I had torn away at the small bonds of the pre-existing dysfunctional group, but I can’t bring myself to care, I have created a new bond with the one named Angel, she seemed so familiar to me, her attitude reminds me of my step dad, of family, and I’m not about to let it go, not again.

The residence we are currently in is at such a contrast to my family home, or should I say, the house as I will be lucky to ever go back, the walls are plastered with colours not so different from the new-comers clothes. I sit with my back against the peeling wall listening intently to the growing one-sided argument located in the room behind me, hearing the noise settle with the slamming to a door I ignore the muttering that followed it, but I tell you that Dusty girl has at least one thing right those men are not to be trusted, not that I trust any of the group anyway they seem all too happy to draw a gun on one another just like those white faced freaks, but beneath all of that I know I am safer here with the girls than I ever will be on my own, but I still think we should discard the men, of which I still don’t care to remember the names of.

Back-peddling up the wall I climb to my feet turning to the right I lean against the arch of the missing door way to stare at the tense green haired girls back, “It’s strange is it not,” the girls hand twitched in surprise she tuned to me a blank expression on her face.

“What is?”

“We have traveled for weeks and yet it only seems like a few days,”

“Do you have a point?” she move back to sawing through a piece of bread.

“We are moving too fast,”

“Do you want to finish better living industries, or not?”

“Believe me I do, but we need more information, like inventory, layouts and battle plans. I don’t even know a thing about you how can I rely on you to watch my back or what you are capable of,” I stand defiant my arms crossed against my chest glaring at her back she turns to lean against the work top a chunk of bread in each hand, an eyebrow raised and a smirk on her face, throwing a piece at me I reach up and catch in before it hits me square in the face.

“You’re different,” the small phrase put a smug smile on my face,

“Aren’t we all.”

Tearing a section of with my teeth I follow Angel over to the discoloured sofa, “So what do you want to know?” giving her a disbelieving look I answer the question

“What happened to make you like this, the way you are now?”

“Why do you want to know that?”

“I want to know what you’re made of , how different we really are?” her gaze penetrated me searching until she relaxed once more and let it all out. After a short five minutes it all came in to light her troubled part contrasted with mine, like her name suggests she goes against everything, her will to go against her parents her school, Anarchy it suits her. But me I strived to do everything right, every chore set, every kata precise, no failure, and yet we are in the same situation despite all we lived for.

“Wow, the world really is fucked up,”

“You only just realized,”

“Ha ha, oh you’re so funny,” the sarcasm dripped of my tongue.

“don’t think you get out of it, I spewed my past up It’s your turn now!” she turned on the sofa one arm thrown over the back a knee up under her leg.

“Yeah, yeah, I was getting to it,” rolling my eyes I begin, “ I have never been with my real parents the only knowledge of them I have is that my mother is dead and my father sent me away to protect me, all the good that did, anyway I lived with my foster mum and dad on the farm you found me on we never had electric so I had to entertain myself with books and training, now which I am grateful for.” I fiddled with my belt this is the hard bit, “I never had many friends I got taught at home all I would need so I didn’t get out much, on the other hand my parent’s did, one night they left and they came back different, they were the very first dracs I killed and the hardest too, can you imagine that running to the door to great loved one and instead of hugs I get a barrel to the face,” I let out a sigh, “then the body count just kept growing, it has never been as bad as this though, you can tell we’re getting closer,”

“It’ll only get worse,”

“Yeah, I know, the more the merrier,” I give a false smile.

***


The morning light streamed through the bars on the small high window carved into the wall calling me from my sleep, sitting up my eyes once again were masked be shadows grumbling I pull the sheet to the side and slide my legs over the edge of the old moth bitten bed, not something I’m particularly used to. The mattress springs revolted to my movement creating sharp sounds against the wind flowing past the forever open window. Sweeping the bangs out of my face I roll my eyes of sleep reaching I pull the kodachi from the underneath of the thin limp pillows securing them to my hips I pull I little black leather flip wallet out of the deep pockets of the combat pants, snapping it open I gaze at the single picture of the young mans hazel eye stared back at me his deep black hair oh so similar to my own and the showing of stubble, this is the man who protected me my whole life and the only contact I have ever had with him, my father. Flipping the photo out of the screen I reread the scrawl etched in to the back ’Shadowed Nuclear’ the name my real father bestowed on me and I will be damned not to use it.

“What you got there?” cursing myself for the lack of attention to my surrounding I slide the picture back in to the pouch and once again was in back into it’s designated place,

“Nothing you need to know,” I scowl at the red headed boy shoving him out and through the doorway ”get out the way,” walking past him I notice the crowded kitchen and sitting area, Sunshine looking better and more sane that the night previous, gazing at all the men lazing on chairs and randomly stood I sighed I have a bad feeling about all of this.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for my chapter size compared to dusty's but i'm not a big writer for chappys, please enjoy ^_^