Status: Working Progress

Beauty and the Beast

Chapter 3

I smiled as she thanked me for the glasses. Her name was beautiful, like music, quite literally. It suited her perfectly. When I had first seen her she had taken my breath away. She hated me though, maybe I should see that as a sign, but I think I see it as more of a challenge. I couldn’t have her, no. I had Selena, but playing with her would be fun at least.

As we climbed in the car I could see her staring at me the rear view mirror. She was glaring at me, I just smirked in return. It seemed to make her mad as she dropped her gaze.

I didn’t want her, not like I wanted Selena. She was beautiful, no doubt. I had a girlfriend though. I pulled out my iPod and hit shuffle, ‘Girl like that’ by Every Avenue began pouring out my headphones. I smirked at the song, how fitting. Just how fitting I didn’t know just yet.

I gradually dozed off, to be woken a while later to the sound of gates opening, “Well Justin, this is our home. Feel free to treat it as your own.” Mr Pacific chirped. “A few house rules though; we clean up after ourselves. We have a maid Matilda who comes in three times a week. She does the cleaning but the house has to be tidy. Rule number two; we take it in turns to cook and go out for a family meal on Sundays. Rule three; No parties unless otherwise stated. If you ask I may say yes. Rule four; no smoking, you’re allowed to drink at parties as long as you are sensible but no smoking. Rule five; no drugs, I don’t care if it is week or heroin. No drugs are to be taken.” I nodded, showing him I understood.

Just then we pulled up outside the house, or should I say castle? It was huge, bigger than any house I had ever seen. I felt my jaw go slack; I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.

“There are over 400 rooms in the house.” he stated, causing my eyes to bulge. Four hundred rooms, in one house? “Buckingham Palace has over 755.” he stated, “So in reality, it’s not that big.” In reality? What reality was he living in? I grew up in a tiny one bedroomed flat! “Your room is next door to Lyric’s. I figured it was probably for the best, considering I still get lost at times. It is en suite. I should probably list a few rooms you might be interested in. There is; a bowling alley, a cinema, a basketball court; indoor and outdoor, an indoor heated swimming pool, an outdoor heated swimming pool, tennis courts, libraries, a recording booth, tree houses, hidden rooms, a skate park, games rooms, stables, oh and the sweet shop.” This isn’t a house, it’s a fucking mall. I thought to myself. In fact no its better than a mall.

“Whoa.” Was all I could manage to say.

“Well shall we go inside? It’s getting a bit chilly.” Was this man always so…happy? I followed him inside. The foyer was bigger than my house growing up; in fact it was still probably bigger than my house now. I’d honestly never seen anything quite like it. “I think I shall let Lyric show you to your room so you can get settled and all. Maybe you could she him around a bit?” he asked, directing the last part to Lyric, who simply groaned in reply.

“Follow me.” She led me straight to my room. As she opened the door there were steps to go down. Once you reached the bottom I realised half the bed was underneath the stairs. The room was white and had a desk that already had a desktop and a mac book. The room itself was fairly simple, but I liked it.

I was snapped from my trance by Lyric, “I’m going to warn you now, I don’t always sleep in that room. There are others that I like, and sometimes I’ll crash there.” I stared in shock. Who had more than one bedroom? Surely you only needed one? “You can decorate the room however you want, and if you want another room just ask. There are plenty spare.”

“That’s ridiculous!” I couldn’t help myself. I mean I know I’m meant to be the stuck up pop star but really?

“Listen, Justin. My dad is a sap, I know that and you know that. So if you ask for anything, he’ll probably give it to you. I don’t want you to take advantage of that.” I stared at her; I couldn’t really believe what she was saying. “If you take advantage of him, I’ll kill you. I won’t see him be taken for a mug by some stuck up little pop star.” I had never seen anyone glare at me like she was right now, he eyes full of hatred and anger. Although unjustified it was real and it was intense.

“Lyric, I have no intention of taking advantage of your dads kindness. I know he didn’t have to take me in, but he did anyway. He could have let my mom ship me off somewhere and stop me recording, but he didn’t and for that I am grateful.” I didn’t really understand why she thought so badly of me, what had I done to her?
Her glare was penetrating my body, it was almost unbearable. “I don’t make idle threats.” She stated simply in reply.

“I’m serious Lyric.” I said as I looked her dead in the eyes, hoping she could see the truth in my eyes. I had no intention of acting up here. The nicer I behaved, the quicker I could get home. I just needed them to believe I was nice little Justin again.

“Well sorry if I don’t believe you, but I do know why you were sent here and it wasn’t for good behaviour.” She sneered.

“No it was because I lost respect for the people who worked for me. I took them for granted and I treated them like shit, but how was I supposed to respect them when they were kissing my ass? The answer is you can’t. You can’t respect someone who kisses your ass all the time, and it’s a reason, not an excuse, I know. I also started using girls and treating my fans like crap. I lost sight of what was important and I started to forget why I was making music in the first place. I basically did everything a good musician and a good person shouldn’t do, and I’m sorry for that and I’m here to prove that. I promised my mom that I would change, and I will. I’m going to start by proving to you that I’m not going to take your dads kindness for granted.” I needed her to believe me, because I knew if she believed me, her dad would too. Then I could go back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys sorry I haven't updated stuff happened I got distracted a lot and then the other day a boy from my old high school killed himself and its just been hard on everyone and I didn't have time to update but its not an excuse. I know its short but I just wanted to give you something while I sorted things out. I'll try and update soon but I have a science exam thing to do so I might not have a chance this week hopefully next week at the latest though :)
Lyric

*Edited*