Status: Working Progress

Beauty and the Beast

Chapter 6

When I woke up my whole body was stiff and aching. My eyes were still puffy and sore from all of last night’s crying. I eventually managed to pull myself up into a sitting position and pulled the packet of paracetamol from where I kept it in the draw beside my bed. I swallowed them dry because I couldn’t be bothered to go and get some water. I sat on my bed with my eyes closed for the next five minutes, trying to allow my eyes to adjust to the light. Eventually it didn’t hurt to open my eyes. I looked at the clock; it was 12:45. I groaned. I was hoping it was a lot later. I dragged myself from bed and god dressed. I pulled on my white Blink-182 shirt; some ripped black shorts, my black Supra’s and a faded denim jacket. I grabbed my Ray Bans from my night stand and went to see if Maria and Ellie had made it to school. If not then I needed their help.

I made my way down the corridor to where Maria and Ellie’s rooms were. I opened the door to Maria’s room first but she wasn’t in there, but there was a note on her pillow.

Hey,
We decided to go to school. I couldn’t bear to miss a lesson with Mr Glynn ;) Anyway, we’ll be back about 4. Mum needs me to come home for a bit after school otherwise I’d just go to yours. Don’t kill Justin. Please? I know he’s a douche but maybe he had a reason. Ellie and I will see you at 4, until then just chill out.
Love you Maria & Ellie xxxx

I groaned. I needed my best friends! Oh well just two more hours until they get here. I decided to go and play in the arcade. Dad had an arcade installed when I turned nine. It was one of my birthday presents. How many kids can say they got an arcade for their birthday? Not many that’s for sure. I decided I wanted to play a shooting game. I picked up the gun and began to shoot at the zombies. I must admit this had to be one of my favourite games down here, besides Pac man and space invaders!
I was halfway through playing my game before I noticed there was someone else in the room. I turned my head to see Justin playing space invaders. I suddenly felt very angry again, but I remembered Maria’s note and decided to remove myself from the situation. I began to walk out of the room when a voice called after me. Justin. I stopped in my tracks and sighed. I turned to face him but avoided looking him in the eyes.

“Are you still mad at me?” He asked nervously.

“What do you think?” I snapped back.

“Common Lyric it’s not that bad!” He tried to argue. I wanted to scream at him! How could he not realise the damage he had done?

“Justin he’s in hospital! You could have killed him! And that’s not bad? What is bad then? Not only did you hurt him you hurt me. I was beginning to trust you! I thought maybe having you around wouldn’t be so bad. I was clearly wrong! I really REALLY like Adam and you nearly ruined everything. I wouldn’t be surprised if he never wanted to talk to me again because of you.” I felt my eyes begin to pool with tears. I tried to blink them back but it was rather pointless.

“I could have done a lot worse. He deserved a lot worse. He’s a loser Lyric. I’m sorry I hurt you but I’m not sorry I did what I did. Can I still hang around with you and your friends though?” I looked at him in utter disbelief. How dare he?

“You don’t even know him Justin. He’s sweet and kind and funny. A real gentle man…” Justin scoffed, but I continued ignoring him. “No you can’t hang around with us. You think anyone is going to want you there after yesterday?” Was he stupid? He beat up their friend.

“Fine.” Was all he said before walking past me. I didn’t know where he was going and nor did I care. I decided to go to the library for a bit. I doubted he’d interrupt me in there.

I sat on my bed, that’s right I have a bed in my library, and began to re-read ‘Looking for Alaska’. I’d probably read the book over a hundred times but it was one of my favourites, along with anything else by John Green, and of course ‘The Perks Of Being A Wallflower’ By Stephen Chobosky. I’d been reading for about an hour when the door opened and in walked Maria, no Ellie though.

“Hey.” She seemed nervous.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, sitting up from my position on the bed.

“Nothing’s wrong.” She answered just a little too quickly.

“Maria.” I sighed. I wasn’t in the mood for this. I valued Maria for her honesty and now she is keeping something from me.

“No really. I just…I hope you haven’t been too harsh on Justin.”

“Why? He’s a douche. He’d deserve anything I did to him.” I huffed.

“Maybe there is more to it. I mean I don’t think he’d just hit someone like that for no reason.” She tried to reason.

“We don’t know him Maria. He was sent here after all. This fits more with what we know about him than anything else he did yesterday.” I mean, there had to be something wrong with him if he was sent here right?

“I still don’t think…” I cut her off giving her a glare.

“Where is Ellie?” I asked.

“She’s at home. She had loads of homework to do.” Sure. Of course she did.

“Well then it looks like it’s just you and me. Are you up for some scheming?” I smirked. She burst out into laughter.

“When am I not? What is it this time?” Thank god for my best friend.

“I’m going to prank Justin. I have no idea what to do though.” Maria looked puzzled for a moment.

“It needs to be something he cares about. We need to hit him where it hurts.” That’s when it hit me. I looked at the book resting next to me. Picking it up, I smiled and pointed at it. Maria caught on immediately.

“’We hit him where it hurts; the scalp’” I quoted Alaska.

“We’re dying his hair blue?” Maria smirked.

“Green.” I corrected.

“But they die his hair blue in the book.” She seemed confused.

“I know, but I want to put my own twist on it. Plus I actually have green hair dye.” I smirked.

“I can’t believe I am going to be involved in destroying Justin Bieber’s hair!” She squeaked. I smiled back at her and climbed off the bed. I motioned for her to follow me and she did. We walked past Justin’s room to hear music blasting out. I didn’t know who he was listening to but whoever they were I didn’t like them. I ran down stairs and made my way for the front door, yanking it open and making my way towards the storage shed. Maria was close on my heel and I could hear her yammering on excitedly. I wasn’t paying attention though I was too busy looking for the green hair dye. When I found it I was hesitant. I wanted to ruin his hair but not permanently and the only dye I had was permanent. If I dyed it with this stuff he would have green hair for a long time unless he dyed it back, even then he’d have to wait a minimum of two weeks. I nearly decided against it when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled it out to see I had a new text from Adam.

Adam: Hey, sorry about not phoning last night. I was in A&E till 5 this morning. I’ve got three cracked ribs but I’ll be fine.

I felt my stomach drop. This was partially my fault; I should never have brought Justin along in the first place. Any doubts I had about the hair due vanished in an instant. I grabbed the bottle from the shelf before replying to Adam.

Me: Hey, it’s okay. I’m really sorry about Justin. I was stupid to bring him along. It was a really stupid idea and I’m really sorry. Are you going to be okay? :S

Maria stood staring at me inquisitively. I explained to her about the dye and about Adams injuries. She grimaced when I told her. She still tried to defend Justin, but I wasn’t having it. No matter what Adam did he didn’t deserve that. I knew we’d have to wait for Justin to leave his room so I convinced Maria to go and get him, distract him for a while. She was going to make him go and bowl with her.

Maria went to Justin’s room while I waited in mine, listening closely at the door, waiting for them to leave. A few minutes later I heard the door shut and Maria and Justin walk down the hall. When I was sure they were gone I crept out of my room and into Justin’s. I was careful to shut the door behind me as I made my way down the steps that lead to his room. I walked past his bed to his bathroom. His bathroom was full of products and I cringed. Which one was his shampoo?

It took me nearly 5 minutes to find it, but eventually I had it in my hand. I poured the dye into the bottle and shook well. The next time Justin washed his hair he’d end up with bright green hair. I slowly crept back out of his room and back into mine, careful he didn’t see me. I decided to go and join them bowling. I made my way to the basement where the bowling alley was. When I got there they were talking in hushed tones. I didn’t know what about but I was curious. I tried to listen but I couldn’t make out what they were saying. I tried to make my way closer without being seen but I was in my socks and I ended up slipping and landing, painfully, on my arse.

“OWW!” I screamed.

“Lyric!” Maria and Justin shouted at the same time. Both startled by my appearance. I groaned as I pulled myself up.

“What were you two talking about?” I grumbled as I rubbed my coxis. Fuck it’s bruised. I thought to myself.

“I can help you rub it better.” Justin winked at me. I rolled my eyes and pretended to be sick.
“In your dreams Bieber.” I glared.

“How did you know?” He had Maria in fits of laughter so I glared at them both.
“Grow up.” I growled.

“Chill out, I was just kidding!” He rolled his eyes. “Want to play?” He asked motioning in the direction of the lane.

“No. I just came to see if you guys had finished yet.” I stated. Maria looked at me, her eyes asking if I had done it, I simply nodded to let her know my mission was complete. Maria looked at Justin to see if they had finished.

“Sure. You guys go have fun, I’m going to go and shower.” Maria let out a little giggle and I glared at her.

“What?” Justin asked. I decided to reply before she could and she gave anything else away.
“Nothing. She’s just incredibly immature. Now she’s picturing you naked.” I rolled my eyes in mock condescension.

“Well you know, any time you want; it doesn’t just have to be your imagination.” He winked at her and she giggled again.

“Do you mind not hitting on my friends?” I grumbled.

“Ohh is someone jealous? You know you’re my number one girl Lyric, but a man has his needs.” He smirked and I felt myself gag.

“You’re sick! Go for your shower and leave me and Maria alone.” I grabbed Maria’s arm and dragged her away. I took her to the sweet shop where we sat and had ice creams till Justin finished in his shower. I was halfway through my rocky road when I decided to ask Maria what they were talking about before I interrupted them.

“So…what were you two talking about so quietly down there?” I asked, trying not to look or sound like it was important to me.

“Nothing really. He was just telling me about Canada.” She was lying I could see it on her face. I tried to press a little harder.

“Is that it? I mean you guys seemed to be talking quite animatedly.” I knew they weren’t talking about Canada. I wasn’t stupid. I knew Maria better than she knew herself and I could always tell when she was lying to me.

“We talked a little about skating.” Now I knew for sure she was bullshitting me. She hates anything to do with skating.

“Uh hu…” I was about to press further when I heard Justin scream my name from the next room.

“Oops.” I smirked.

“Lyric! You’re fucking dead! What the fuck did you do to my hair?” he screamed. The vein in his neck was prominent and he had his fists clenched. He was wearing nothing but a pair of board shorts. I tried to hold back my laughter at the sight of his hair.

“Me? I didn’t do this.” I managed to gasp between my laughter. “You really shouldn’t try and bleach your hair Justin. Didn’t you know it can turn your hair green?” I couldn’t stop my laughter. Maria was nervously laughing besides me. She obviously found it as amusing as me, but she was scared of Justin and I didn’t blame her. He looked like he was going to pop the vein on his temple at any moment.

“This isn’t fucking funny Lyric! MY HAIR! What the fuck did you do?” I tried to calm myself before answering and I only barely managed.

“This is for what you did to Adam.” I tried hard not to laugh. This was serious.

“Oh God get over it. So I bust a few ribs? He’ll live. This is between me and him. You didn’t need to get involved!” He seethed.

“Yes I did. This has everything to do with me. Adam is my friend!” I retorted.

“You just made a huge mistake. This isn’t the end. I am going to get you for this. Watch your fucking back.” He stepped closer so his face was only inches from mine. Justin towered over me and he was a lot bigger and a lot stronger than me. I suddenly felt a lot less sure of myself. I couldn’t bring myself to look him in the eyes. He stood there for a moment longer before storming past me.

“You need to wait two weeks to dye it back.” I called as he left, my voice was shaking and I tried hard to steady it. I heard a loud thump as he hit something and then I realised; I’d possibly just made the biggest mistake of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so chapter 6! Please tell me of any mistakes and also anything you like! Any ideas you have for the story! etc. I hope you guys enjoyed this one! I think it's the longest one in there :P

Lyric's outfit
Maria's outfit