Status: Working Progress

Beauty and the Beast

Chapter 9

People began to arrive gradually, and like a good host I greeted them all. Well I tried to at least; there would be an awful lot of people here tonight. I guess they had all heard Justin was going to be here. I should have guessed this would happen. The party had been going for about an hour when I heard her nasally voice announcing her arrival. I rolled my eyes, typical, she had such self-importance. Much to her displeasure no one stopped to look at her. She held no leverage over the people here. Justin was stood talking to a bunch of year 12’s who had shown up half an hour previous. They were flirting with him uncontrollably and it was making me gag. I was about to walk over and interrupt them when Maria walked over and handed me a Jägerbomb.

“Thank you. I need this, look who just arrived.” I motioned over my shoulder in the direction off Tiffany.

“I saw, and now she is making a bee line straight for Justin!” She mock cheered.

“On the count of three,” She nodded in agreement. “One, two, three!” We both downed our drinks simultaneously. Maria gagged at the end and I laughed, she always did that at the end of shots and it never failed to amuse me. I looked over to Justin to find the year 12’s had scattered and he was left talking to Tiffany. He had an awkward expression on his face as she flirted with him, hitting him playfully and resting her hand on his arm. She was laughing obnoxiously at something that obviously wasn’t very funny and I couldn’t help but feel bad for both of them.

Justin obviously, because he had psycho bitch clinging to him like the fucking parasite she was. Yet I felt bad for her in a way as well, she honestly believed Justin would want her, she still did, yet it was clear by the look on his face that he found nothing but discomfort with her presence. I decided to go and break up the awkward fest, but someone grabbed my arm before I could get very far. I swung round to see who it was to come face to face with Adam.

“Hey, where are you off to?” He questioned, looking over at Justin.

“Nowhere. How are your ribs?” My brow furrowed as I took note of his slightly hunched figure. He was in pain but too stubborn to admit it.

“They’re fine, so Justin and Tiffany huh? Perfect couple or what?” He scoffed. I felt suddenly rather defensive.

“No. Not at all, you can tell he finds her annoying. I really doubt he’d stoop that low.” I defended. Adam looked at me, annoyance clear in his eyes.

“So what? You two are best friends now? Did you forget what he did to me?” I suddenly felt very ashamed of myself. How could I forgive Justin for hurting one of my friends? He hadn’t even apologised to Adam.

“No…I, it’s just…” He interrupted me before I could work out what to even say.

“No forget it Lyric. I can see where your loyalties lie.” Adam was about to storm off but I grabbed his arm to stop him.

“No wait! Adam! Please? I didn’t mean it like that!” I pleaded, hoping he’d give me a chance to explain.
“Well what did you mean then?”

“I just meant, he’s Justin Bieber, half the girls on this planet want him, and he is going out with Selena Gomez! There is no way in hell he’d want someone like Tiffany.” I explained, and his features softened slightly. I felt relief flood my whole body. I couldn’t bear the thought of Adam hating me, he meant too much to me.

“Sorry, it’s just, after the other night…I just couldn’t stand the idea of losing you to him. You mean the world to me and you deserve better than that little piece of shit. I worry about you living in that house with him. Your dad hardly being there…he could do anything to you. You’ve seen his temper.” I felt my heart swell. He really cared about me? I felt my cheeks begin to flush and I wanted to cry. He was too sweet! I did not deserve to have someone like Adam in my life. It was foolish of me to think I could ever deserve someone like Adam.

“I’m sure Justin wouldn’t do anything. He’s not been violent towards me so far and he has had plenty of opportunity. Thank you though, it means a lot to me that you care about me and worry about me. You have nothing to worry about though.” I assured him, I didn’t want to start another argument but I never doubted that I was safe with Justin. He may be many things but he’d never hit a woman.

“I just couldn’t live with myself if anything bad happened to you.” He sighed, avoiding my eyes and looking at the floor. How could one boy be so perfect? “Do you want a drink?” He offered, changing the subject. I nodded heartily in agreement. I had every intention of getting wrecked, so wrecked I actually might get lost in these woods and even forget who I am. I followed Adam over to where the drinks table was and grabbed a red plastic cup and filled it with beer. I didn’t really like beer but I needed something to “bulk” out what I was drinking. I knew if I just kept on shots I’d end up having to have my stomach pumped. I stood next to the drinks table with Adam for around 10 minutes before Bella came over to see me.

“Hey Lyric, do you want to come take some pictures of us?” She asked. I knew she loved my photography and so I agreed, apologising to Adam and promising to be back as quickly as possible. He simply nodded and told me to take as long as I needed. I grabbed my camera quickly from the tent and followed Bella and a few others out of the clearing. I’m glad Bella asked me now because had she asked me in a few hours there was no way I could have taken any photos. It wasn’t dark yet, that was one good thing about English summers, and it stayed light till at least nine o’clock. I decided to grab a few simple pictures where they didn’t know I was taking photo’s before taking some where they were aware of the camera. I grabbed one of a group of them running across a field. Bella wanted some more ‘arty’ ones, which apparently involved photos of the back of her head. I’d only taken a few when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Maria: Come back. NOW.

Me: Why?

What was wrong why did I need to go back? I called over to Bella and the others telling them that we needed to go back. They all groaned. ‘Camera whores’ I thought to myself before apologising and heading back in the direction of the clearing.

Maria: Justin and Adam are about to fight again. Just hurry up.

I slipped my phone back in my pocket, not bothering with a reply and darting back to the clearing. Great, just great. Stupid testosterone fuelled teenage boys. Could they not just be civil for five minutes? I wasn’t their fucking mother! I growled to myself. Why the hell do I put up with this shit? I arrived back at the clearing to hear everyone chanting ‘fight, fight, fight’ I wanted to scream at them. The fucking idiots. I barged my way through the crowd to the front, not caring if I was stepping on people’s feet. I finally managed to worm my way to the front where Justin and Adam were stood shouting at each other.

“You don’t fucking deserve her. You’re a piece of shit!” Justin screamed while Andrew, a boy from year 12 held him back. Adam looked directly at me before replying to Justin.

“You’re a fucking psycho mate. You need your head checked. I don’t know why you keep attacking me I’ve never done anything to you!” Adam defended.

“What the fuck are you on about...” Just then Justin’s head turned to face me. “So now she’s here you want to act all innocent? Pft you’re pathetic. You really are a piece of trash.” Justin had stopped struggling against Andrew now and tore himself from his grip before storming off past me. As he passed me I grabbed his arm to stop him.

“What the hell was that about?” I asked. I tried to keep my voice calm and levelled. He was more likely to tell me the truth if I wasn’t mad. He scoffed in my face.

“Like you’d believe me anyway. Ask your boyfriend, I’m sure he’ll come up with some very convincing story.” He ripped his arm out of my grip before storming off to the tent. I assume to try and calm himself down and get a drink. The group of people began to disperse in disappointment. I walked over to Adam who was stood smirking and talking to one of his friends. How could he be so blasé about this?

“Adam what the hell was that about?” I asked. The anger was clear in my tone; I’d made little effort to disguise it this time.

“He just started on me again for no reason. I was just talking to Cam here about you and he just flipped. Started shouting at me and tried to hit me again.”

“You were talking about me?” My tone softened before I realised and I scolded myself mentally.

“Yeah, I was telling him how much you meant to me.” I felt the blush creep into my cheeks. I sighed realising this is exactly what Justin had meant.

“Where’s Ellie?” I asked ignoring his previous statement. I’m sure she would have seen it and I knew she’d tell me the truth.

“I think she went to get something to drink.” He motioned in the direction of the drinks. I sighed and went to find her. Instead I found her having a cigarette. She looked really pretty so I quickly snapped a picture before walking over to her and taking the fag out of her hand and having a draw. Man that felt good.

“Hey!” She mock chided. I tried to hand it back to her but she shook her head. “You finish it.”

“What were they really arguing about?” I decided to skip the niceties and get straight to the point.

“Adam and Justin? I don’t really know, I mean I was stood with Cam and Adam and they were talking about you and then Justin kind of just went mental. Started flipping out and then he tried to hit Adam again.” She shook her head in disappointment. I suddenly felt very back for doubting Adam for Justin.

“You doubted Adam?” Ellie gasped.

“No, it’s just. Justin and I…I thought I knew him better than that. I just can’t believe he’d do that…” I sighed. I had doubted Adam and I shouldn’t have.

“Even after Tuesday night?” She seemed shocked. So was I, if I were honest.

“Yeah…I guess so.”

“Listen, just forget about it. Now it’s time to party. I hear Rudy has some good shit. Let’s so get high!” I was shocked. Ellie had changed a lot recently. It used to be me trying to convince her to get high, now it was the other way round? I laughed anyway; I think I liked this new Ellie. I followed her over to where Rudy was.

“Here’s the pretty little hostess!” He cheered as we walked over and I did a little twirl and a curtsey making everyone laugh.

“Now Rudy my dear, I think you know why I am here.”

“You’ve finally realised Adam isn’t man enough for you?” He deadpanned.

“How did you guess? No seriously I need to get fucked up, now what do you have for me?” I smirked.

“Straight down to business aye? Well I got some cheese? Stuffs good, makes you feel like you are on cloud nine.” I’d had cheese before and I had to admit it was the best.

“How much?” I asked.

“For you? It’s free. Take it as a thank you.” I laughed.

“Thank you Rudy. Now you know I can’t roll for shit, so roll for me.” I stood and watched as he rolled for me. Taking hits from the bong as it made its way around. Ellie still wasn’t confident with a bong yet and so passed. I looked at Ellie to see her eye fucking one of Rudy’s friends and rolled my eyes.
“I’m chilly.” She said. I looked at how she was dressed. No wonder. I thought to myself. I don’t understand why girls think it is acceptable to turn up to a camp out in nothing but shorts and a t-shirt. Then when they get cold all they do is whine and complains and expects a guy to give up his jumper for her. Why should he have to? It’s their own stupid fault for not brining a coat or dressing warmer! I sighed, my mental rant was over. A few minutes later Rudy handed me the joints and I bid him farewell. I handed one to Ellie before lighting one myself.

“Man this shit is good.” I commented. Ellie nodded in agreement before taking another hit. “I’m going to go and get some Jäger.” I said before running in the direction of the tent. When I entered Justin was sat on the floor drinking straight from a bottle of Tequila.

“Are you stupid?” I commented, snatching the bottle from his hand before knocking some back. “You never drink Tequila without me!” I laughed. He looked at me confused. “Listen whatever is going on between you and Adam; it’s exactly that, between you and him. I know Adam probably isn’t as innocent as he makes out but I don’t care.”

“I’m sorry for starting on him again after I promised.” I shook my head.

“It doesn’t matter. You want some?” I asked as I offered him a joint.

“Didn’t you dad say no drugs?” He smirked.

“What daddy doesn’t know won’t hurt him.” I winked taking another draw before handing the joint to Justin. He chocked.

“This shit is good.” He commented in between spluttering.

“That it is. You ever need any, there is a kid called Rudy outside. Huge curly hair sat by a campfire. You’ll know him; he’s the one with the bong. Go to him anyway, he’s cheap and he always has premium shit.” He smiled before taking another drag.

“I could get used to this stuff.”

“So the famous perfect Justin Bieber smokes weed?” I smirked as I realised his dirty little secret. I snapped a picture for proof. I decided I’d delete it later; this is the sort of thing that could ruin his career.

“Not often, just when I am back in Stratford. I know Ryan and Chaz won’t rat me out.” That seemed sensible enough.

“Well you can trust me. It’s my dad’s career on the line as well. Plus destroying your career is just harsh.” He tried to hand me the joint back but I shook my head before pulling out a fag and lighting it. I took a long drag.

“You smoke?” He asked.

“Yeah, well when I drink. Unless there is something seriously stressful happening anyway.” He nodded his head.

“I don’t get the big fuss over smoking. I mean most people do it. They know what they are getting themselves in for. I think people seem to think it’s as simple as just not starting, but life doesn’t really work like that you know?” I smiled. Finally someone who understood.

“You’re pretty smart for just some pop star.” I joked.

“Shocking I know right? Hand me that bottle.” I passed him the bottle before leaning over to the crate and pulling out a bottle of Jack.

“I am going to have liver failure by the time I am 30.” I laughed. I didn’t care though.

“Life’s too short. We’re teenagers; we only get to be this way for a few years. It’s our time to have fun.” I smiled, this boy was seriously smart. I was enjoying his company. I sat with Justin in the tent for nearly another hour and a half before anyone came to get us. By this point we were both high as a kite and so drunk we could barely walk. We tried to help each other up but that seemed to make things more difficult. Maria stood at the entrance of the tent laughing so hard she was crying. She was well and truly drunk as well. A few more drinks and she’d be hallucinating. That’s what Maria does when she is drunk, that and it’s near impossible for her to keep her secrets. Last time she near on broke my heart. The stuff she admitted I already knew, but hearing it again, I couldn’t bear it. We made our way over to the large campfire where most people were gathered bar a few. Everyone was asking for suggestions of games to play.

“Spin the bottle!” I shouted over the top of everyone.

“Ugh why?” Maria moaned. She was only complaining because she always ended up kissing munters.

“We can play truth or dare afterwards.” I appeased and she squealed in delight. There ended up being about 20 people playing in our game of spin the bottle. We’d been playing for about half an hour and Maria was beginning to get moody when the bottle landed on her. She had to kiss Justin. All of the colour drained from her face, leaving only a faint blush on her cheeks.

“I…uh…” She was left speechless, which I cannot say is common for her. Justin merely smirked as he crawled over to her, barely I might add, before leaning down to plant a kiss on her lips. It started off slow and gentle before he deepened the kiss. Everyone was cheering and I couldn’t help laughing. I’d never hear the end of this. A few more seconds passed before he gentle pulled away, Maria’s head following his, begging for more. Everyone laughed at her and her blush deepened as she realised what she had done.

“So I’m a good kisser, huh?” Justin smirked and I rolled my eyes. She blushed before simply nodding, all words escaping her. We continued with the game and a few minutes later the bottle landed on me, this time I had to kiss Justin. I felt my body tense and my throat close up. I looked up to find Justin’s face mere inches from mine. My lips began to twitch in anticipation; I began to lean my head closer to Justin’s. Our lips were millimetres apart when Justin’s body was thrown violently backwards. I felt a pang in my stomach and looked up to see Adam stood over Justin. This was not the party I was hoping it would be.

“ADAM!” I shouted.

“He was about to kiss you!” Adam tried to defend himself.

“We were playing spin the bottle! HE WAS SUPPOSED TO!” I screamed. Everyone in the circle had gone quiet.

“I’m sorry.” He mumbled.

“Even if we weren’t did it look like I was complaining? You have no say in who I do or don’t kiss Adam. You aren’t my boyfriend!” I shouted before getting up and storming off. I lit another joint before walking back in to the tent and grabbing a bottle of Jäger and a few cans of red bull. Maria walked in after me.

“Are you okay?” She asked timidly.

“No. Drink with me.” I demanded before handing her a shot. After a few shots more people came into join us. Soon there was an actual party vibe and loud music. I was finally having fun. I was dancing stupidly with Maria and Ellie. The sun had set and it was time for an actual party. An hour later and the party was in full swing, it was just gone eleven and everyone was here. I was completely wrecked and it was fun. I walked away from the group to grab a drink and get some air. I was halfway to the table when Maria ran over to me crying her eyes out. Panicked, I grabbed her arm and begged her to tell me what was wrong.

“You… can’t go over there.” She hiccupped.

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“Freddo will eat you!” She cried. What?

“Who is Freddo?” I asked confused.

“The giant frog!” She stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. I began to laugh to myself. Obviously the hallucinations had kicked in.

“Oh, but what if I go kill it?” I offered, trying to calm her nerves.

“NO! Only I can kill it. I need more magic potion though.” She cried.

“Magic potion?”

“Strong Maria!” She giggled, whilst pointing at the large bottle of Strongbow in her hand.
“Ohh okay, so why can only you kill it?” I asked.

“I killed its baby and I am the only one strong enough!” She said in that ‘duh’ tone of voice people get.

“Oka-“She interrupted me screaming when some boy walked past carrying a bottle of Strongbow.

“HEY! You can’t drink that! Only I can drink Strong Maria! SEE! It has my name on it!” She shouted as she snatched the bottle out of the startled boy’s hands. He looked at me for help, but all I could do was laugh.

“You should probably just let her have it.” I managed to gasp eventually. He took off towards the others, probably to warn them about the crazy girl he had just met. “Maria, if I drink some can I help kill the frog?” I offered in a soothing tone. I was trying hard to bite back my laughter.

“You’re Hermy!” She shouted randomly. “And you’re Ronwald and Herpes!” She laughed pointing over my shoulder. I turned to see Ellie and Justin walking over to us. Ellie just laughed but Justin looked extremely confused.

“Some boy just came in the tent shouting about some crazy girl. I figured it was you.” Justin laughed and I mock glared at him. “But now I know its Maria. Wow my kiss really did drive her insane. I must be a good kisser. Sorry you lost out babe, maybe some other time!” He winked.

“Get over yourself!” I laughed. “She does this when she is drunk a lot. Maria? Can I or Justin kill the frog for you?”

“Hermus.” She stated as she looked at me. “Ronwald.” This time she looked at Justin. “Herpes.” She finally said as she looked at Ellie causing me and Justin to burst into fits of laughter and Ellie to blush a deep shade of red, which almost matched her hair. Maria motioned me closer and whispered into my ear. “Herpes is mean! She lies to you all the time!” My laughter stopped and I had to force my eyes not to dart over to Ellie.

“What do you mean?” I asked. Justin had also stopped laughing now and looked at me curiously.

“I’m not allowed to tell you, but she thinks you and Ronwald were fucking earlier…oops I said a bad word.” Her whispers were getting less and less quiet and I had to shush her and remind her to keep her voice down.

“You know we weren’t right?” I hoped so. I really couldn’t stand for Maria to think that of me.

“NOOO!” She shouted, I clamped my hand over her mouth but she licked it and I quickly yanked it away. I felt myself wobble on my feet and I knew I was very drunk by this point. “Of course you weren’t. You likey Adam!” She chuckled. I nodded and laughed with her. God did I like Adam.
“Good now can we help you kill the frog?” I asked.

“No! You’ll get infected! Unless…here drink some of this! You are allowed some and so is Ronwald!” Ellie stepped forward but Maria shouted at her, telling her she was naughty and not allowed any.

“I’m just going to go back to the tent.” She mumbled before walking off. I nodded know she was probably hurt. Maria and Ellie had been friends since before they even knew me, but Maria and I had a connection she didn’t and for Maria to push her away like that, it must have hurt. That didn’t mean Maria cared for Ellie less, it was just different. I handed Justin one of the bottles and told him to drink. He did as he was told.

“Right Maria you go back to the tent and me and…Ronwald are going to go and kill Freddo, okay?” She seemed hesitant but eventually relented and stumbled back to the tent.

“What the hell was that about?” Justin slurred.

“Like I said, she hallucinates. When she asked we killed the frog okay?” I swayed on my feet. “Let’s just sit down for a moment.” I suggested. Justin took a seat next to me and we sat there for a while in silence. We must have been sat there for longer than I thought because eventually someone came to find us. Apparently Maria was in hysterics, claiming we had been killed by a giant frog. I sighed before Justin helped me stand up and we made our way back to the tent. When I got there Maria threw her arms around me and cried, begging me never to scare her like that again. Eventually she calmed down and gained her composure. She turned sharply to face Justin.

“You! Never let her scare me like that again! And don’t you ever scare me like that again! I care about you too doofus!” She huffed before turning back to me once again and whispering, “I think that guys likes me…he’s been touching me all night, but I don’t know who he is!” I looked back at where she was pointing to see Jake. Her on again off again boyfriend and laughed.

“That’s Jake. He’s your boyfriend.” I explained.

“Ohh…I like him!” She said before she skipped off back to Jake. I grabbed another drink and began dancing. Soon I wasn’t dancing though; I was just throwing my body around. Eventually I collapsed on the floor and burst out randomly into laughter. The people around me began to look at me curiously. I looked over to see Jake and Maria making out.

“I had to buy you guys condoms!” I cheered. I looked up to see Jaimie, our other good friend stood with Sam the guy she liked. “You two should really just fuck already! Jake and Maria have condoms if you need one!” Jaimie’s face turned a bright shade of red as did Sam’s. Adam was stood over me, offering me help to stand up but I refused.

“Did you know if you give a blow job without a condom and swallow then you are technically a cannibal?” I exclaimed causing everyone in the tent to laugh. Adam ignored my wishes not to be lifted up and helped me to my feet.

“You really are something special.” He laughed his eyes gazing into mine. I felt myself stop and look back. I felt my face lean closer expectantly and he dipped his head, his lips crashing hastily to my own. He quickly deepened the kiss, sliding his tongue along my lip, begging for entrance. I yielded, giving him the entrance he wanted. His tongue fought mine violently for dominance. I relented, giving him the power. Eventually we broke apart for air. I gasped. It wasn’t how I imagined our first kiss at all. I had imagined it gentle and soft, kind of like how Justin kissed Maria. Maybe he had just been desperate for the kiss? Maybe he just couldn’t wait any longer? He must have been fuelled with passion, I convinced myself. I looked up to meet his eyes. They were full of hunger and lust. I looked away, unable to keep my eyes locked with his for any longer. I wasn’t ready for that.

“You’re beautiful when you blush.” He commented, his voice full of hunger. I couldn’t bring myself to reply and luckily I didn’t have to. Rudy came over and interrupted.

“Can I steal your girl for a moment?” He asked.

“She’s all yours.” He smirked before walking off.

“What’s up Rudy?” I asked, turning to face him.

“You looked awkward I thought I’d come save you. Bong time?” I was hesitant for a moment, I’d already smoked a lot and I really wasn’t sure if I should. “Your boy Justin is hitting it pretty hard.” My head snapped around to see Justin sat with Rudy’s friends, a bong in his hands. “He can head fuck it pretty well.” Rudy nodded in approval, which was weird because Rudy never approved of any body.
“Better than me?” I was curious.

“I reckon he could give you a run for your money.” He admitted.

“Fuck it. JUSTIN.” I called. “Hand me that bong, you are about to meet your maker.”

Half an hour later I was still trying to beat Justin. I’d done it once but that wasn’t good enough for me. I was always the best. Some punk ass kid wasn’t going to come and take my title from me.

“Justin how are you doing this?!” I growled.

“I’m a singer.” He said as it if were obvious.

“And? I’m a billionaire and Rudy’s a drug dealer!”

“No, I have to be able to hold notes for a long time, and hold my breath for ages. I can expand my diaphragm more than you. It’s easier for me not to breath.” I nodded. That made sense. It also meant there was no way I was going to beat him.

“You win.” I sighed giving in. I was going to pass out if I did it any more.

“Aww babe you’ll always be champion in my heart!” Rudy offered. I smiled in thanks.

“It’s okay officially I never did this, so you can maintain your title.” Justin began to laugh but stopped immediately, realising his mistake. There were hundreds of people who’d seen him do this.

“Chill dude, I’m not going to tell anyone and no one is going to dob on you or I’ll beat the shit out of them. You’re a cool dude and I wouldn’t want to see bad shit happen to you.” Justin looked at him in shock, as did I. I’d never seen Rudy do something like that for someone. Rudy was a chill bloke but he never stuck his neck on the line for anyone. Not even some of his closest friends. Rudy held his fist out for Justin to bump, and he did.

“Thanks dude. The trouble that would have caused…you can’t even imagine. I was sent here to get away from bad crap, not get more involved. Not just that but Lyric’s dad as well!” The fact he had thought of me and my family as well made me smile.

“It’s alright dude, trust me no one’s going to rat on you.” Justin nodded his head in appreciation. Justin and I stayed with Rudy and his friends for a few more hours until the part dyed down.

“Right well I am going to go and find my tent…I think…” Rudy slurred as he stood up, his friends following him. Maria had joined us for a while, only to take a few hits, and then disappeared somewhere with Jake. I looked around to find my tent nearly empty. Only a few losers who had passed out and couples making out. I stood up to give Rudy a hug and whispered ‘thank you’ in his ear. ‘Don’t worry about it.’ He replied. Justin stood and they had one of those ‘bro hugs’ that I never really understood, before Rudy stumbled out the tent. I watched him as he found he tent and fell in. I’m sure he was already asleep before he even hit the ground. I turned to Justin, who was stood awkwardly beside me.

“Are you tired?” I asked.

“Not really. Why?” I felt myself gag.

“One second.” I moved over towards the bush, and threw up the entire contents of my stomach. I began to feel better instantly. I walked back over to Justin who gave me a sympathetic look.

“You okay?”

“Yeah I’m fine. Come on. Let’s go star gazing.” I motioned in the direction of the woods.

“Lyric I’m not being funny, but isn’t it kind of hard to see stars underneath the canopy of the trees?”

“There is another clearing on the other side you idiot.”

“Oh. Okay then.” He followed me in silence into the other clearing, through the woods. I was lucky I didn’t fall and break my neck. When we reached the other clearing I walked directly to the centre and lay down. The sky was bright with stars tonight and it was beautiful. Justin lay beside me, he hadn’t spoken yet and I looked over to him to see his face filled with awe.

“What’s up?”

“I’ve never seen a sky like this before.” He admitted sadly.

“You’ve never seen stars?” I gasped.

“No, I’ve seen stars, just never like this. There was never this many.” I stared at him in shock.

“That’s another reason I love the country. You just don’t get this anywhere else. Have you ever seen a shooting star?” I asked.

“No.”

“Keep a look out and you’ll probably see one. Don’t forget to wish.” I reminded him.
“Do you make wishes?”

“Every time. I love shooting stars. They are just so magical. You’ll never see anything like it. They’re gone in less than a second, so quick your mind almost doesn’t register it, but you know it’s been there. They are so beautiful. They’re just balls of ice and dust, but there really is something magical about them.” Justin didn’t say anything; just lay there in silence, staring at the stars.

“Tonight was fun, for the most part anyway.” Justin said after a while.

“It was, wasn’t it? Rudy likes you.”

“Yeah, he’s really cool. You’d think for a drug dealer he’d be a dick, but he’s cool.” I laughed.

“Rudy IS a dick. He just likes you, and he doesn’t like anyone. Not even his own friends. Justin, just do me a favour, do not screw him over. He’s stuck his neck on the line for you by promising what he has. He wouldn’t do that for even his best friend, there is clearly something about you he likes and respects. Just screw anyone else over, but not him.” Rudy was important to me, he was a nice guy and I couldn’t stand to see him screwed over. By anyone.

“I wouldn’t do that. I really wouldn’t.” I believed him. Maybe I shouldn’t have. Maybe it was foolish of me, but something about his voice made me trust him.

“I had my first kiss with Adam tonight.” I admitted randomly.

“Yeah?” Justin’s voice was tight.

“Yeah, it wasn’t really what I expected. How should a guy kiss a girl for the first time?”

“You really want to know what I think?” He seemed shocked that I would ask him.

“We’re friends right? Least I’d say we are.” I felt nervous. What if he didn’t count us as friends?

“Of course. Well if you want my opinion, it should be slow, giving her plenty of time to back out, then when your lips do meet for the first time it should be soft and gentle so she knows she’s safe. If she kisses you back you can deepen the kiss. Lyric, I’m not kidding; you tell anyone we talked about this I will have to kill you.” He deadpanned.

“AHAHA I promise I won’t tell. Okay, but can’t it be passionate?”

“Well, yeah, but I think you have to look at the context. Say for example if you are arguing, then the first kiss can be passionate, but for most first kisses, it should be soft a gentle.” I sighed.

“What about stood in the middle of a crowded room at a party?” He understood where he was going with this.

“The way he kissed you? No one should ever kiss you like that. First time or not. That was just rough.” He teeth were clenched now, he sounded angry.

“You saw?” I whispered.

“Yeah, why do you think I was over with Rudy? I couldn’t stop you, you’d hate me. I couldn’t just stand there either.” I wanted to deny that I’d hate him but I knew it were true. Had he interrupted me I’d have kicked his arse.

“I’m sorry.” I wasn’t sure what I was sorry for, but that was the joy of being British, you can say sorry whenever you want! You don’t even need a reason.

“For what? HEY! I saw a shooting star!” He cheered, distracted from our previous conversation.

“Did you make a wish?”

“I did.” He said.

“What did you wish for?”

“If I tell you it won’t come true!” He reminded me.

“Worth a shot!”

“There were so many couples here tonight.” Justin sighed.

“Are you missing Selena?” I asked. I felt bad for him. He’d been uprooted from his life. Taken to a whole new continent, with no friends or family, to live with strangers.

“A bit. I won’t be able to see her for a long time, and I really don’t want to put her through that.”

“Invite her here. My dad won’t care and if he does I’ll say I did it without consulting you.”

“Really?” He asked, yet again shocked by me.

“Really. It’ll be nice to meet the girl you are quite clearly in love with.” I smirked.

“I wouldn’t go that far.” He smiled.

“I would. Right now come on, if I stay out here any longer I am going to fall asleep and we’ll end up with hypothermia!” I exclaimed as we stood up.

I lead Justin back to the tent, clearing out all the miscreants and half naked couples. I pulled out two sleeping bags for us to sleep in. I looked over to see Maria and Jake asleep in one corner and Ellie and some random guy asleep nearby.

“Thanks for inviting me tonight.” Justin yawned as we lay down next to one another.

“You’re welcome.” I yawned back. I heard Justin mumble something but before I could ask what I was passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the longest chapter yet and probably my favourite. I stayed up till 4 am to finish this but was too tired to post it last night :P
Anyway I hope you enjoy it! :P If anyone notices any mistakes of any inconsistencies let me know! :P Also let me know anything you liked and such! :)

Thank you for reading! :)

Lyric's Photos