Our Pasts Will Be Our Secrets

Penelope

February 2007

I turned thirteen today. I think that's why my parents paid me extra attention. I can hardly move my hand to write this I'm in so much pain. Why do they do this? Am I not good enough for them? My father was especially hard on me.

July 2007

This week was my parents anniversary. They had a fight and that ended like it always does, with me. Apparently my father wasn't gettin' any from my mother so he turned to my. I begged him to stop but he wouldn't. So. Much. Pain. The page is soaked with tears but when I'm gone this will be the only memory of my existence. I have to write.

December 2007

Things have gotten worse, way worse. I've thought about running away. It's a crazy thought but I could do it, anywhere is better than here.

May 2008

It was a lot of planning but I did it, I'm out on my own. Last night was my first night by myself and I'll admit that it wasn't the best night of my life but it wasn't the worst. No more beating, no more dad doing
horrible things to me, and most of all no more parents yelling at me and tell me how worthless I am.

I close my notebook and look across the street at the sound of a man taking on his phone. "No, I will not. . .no. . .no. . .well then!" He didn't seem to be in a good mood.

He looks up at me and I recognize the man. I don't really know him but I've seen him before. Maybe on TV?

That's when it hits me. This man is Louis Posen. The founder of Hopeless Records! Oh my god!

He starts walking across the street and I get nervous. What was he going to do? I hope he doesn't yell at me for staring at him.

~~~


Four Years Later

"Penelope! You have a package on the table!"

I roll over in my bed and yell, "Leave me alone, Robby! I'm sleeping."

"I'm going to open it!"

I pull the sheet over my head and try to go back to sleep. But of course, someone starts banging on the door. Thankfully Robby answers it.

I don't recognize the voice that starts talking but it sounds like a woman. They said, "Is this the residence of Penelope Rose Hart?"

Robby answers, "Yes."

"Is she here?"

"Yes."

"Can I speak with her."

"No."

"Why?"

"She's a lazy ass."

"Alright. Well could you tell her that Louis Posen's assistant stopped by?"

That's when I jumped up and ran to the front room. I pushed Robby away from the door and said, "Hi, I'm Penelope. Sorry about Rob, he's a little confused so if he said anything you can ignore it. I'm sorry, who are you?"

Then she went on to say how Hopeless Record listened to my CD and they were interested in meeting with me to see I'm the right style for them and possible, wait for it.... sign me! Yes!

When she left I had the biggest smile on my face. Best way to begin the day ever!

The next thing I did was open a package sitting on the table. It was small and looked like a CD case. It was!

I put it in my computer and it showed a man sitting in a chair at a desk. He said, "Hello. I'm Fredrick Mason. You, Penelope Hart, have been selected to come to a newly discovered island and stay at our hotel for one week by your self. We really would be honored to serve you and cater to your needs. On this disk you will find a printable brochure and information to contact us if you would like to come. Thank you."

A secluded island? No one bothering me? Sweet!
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter! Yay! What do you think?
There's WAY more to it, so stick around!
--bookidiot

P.S. See ya in six chapters! =D