Our Pasts Will Be Our Secrets

Chase

I was on edge. The plane was too small and too nice. It didn't feel right to be in this plane and on the way to this island. I only took the offer because it's free and like fuck would I turn down anything that was for free. A part of me wished I did because this was not something I was familiar with or comfortable with.

When it landed I was off the plane as fast as possible, hiking my bag up on my back. I didn't let go of it the whole journey here because I just didn't trust what could have happened to it. I know, I was on the plane as well, but there's got to be something fishy about this whole thing. Who in their right mind would give me a free holiday? Hell, who in their right mind would give me anything for free? Exactly, they wouldn't. I've gotten used to life being like that so why should now be any different? Nothing changes like that without a midden motive.

I looked around the place and my eyes landed on the hotel. It was big, no doubt, and it looked good. It made my doubt rise even higher because it looked too good to be offering someone a free holiday in it, especially the likes of me. Judging by the fact that the prick on the DVD knew my name, I wouldn't put it past him to know exactly what I do for a living. Not really something that you would be truthful about on a job application.

Someone cleared their throat which made my shoulder tense up and I spun around to face the woman. She looked like someone had taken her from a bikini advert or something. She had a nice brown tan covering her whole body with no streaks, light brown hair with blonde highlights and a pleasant smile on her face that complimented her eyes. I felt myself become more tense.

"Hello, my name's Mandy and I'll be here to cater to your personal needs for the duration of your time here," she said, offering her hand so I could shake it.

I looked at it for a while until she withdrew it and placed it back down her side. My gaze went back up to her face and I raised an eyebrow at her. "My personal needs?" I questioned.

"Yes, Mr. Jones. Any questions, worries or needs you have, I'm here to help you with them. In your room there's a button for you to press if and when you need my assistance. I am on call twenty four seven so don't hesitate to call during the night," she explained, a professional tone showing through in her voice. It was clear that she had been practising what to say depending on any questions I had.

"Right, okay," I muttered.

"Would you like me to show you to your room?" she asked and I gave a short nod. "Would you like me to take your bag?"

I tightened my grip on it and pulled it against my back even more. "No, I'm fine," I said sharply. Just because I was here didn't mean I trusted the people so there was no way I would give any of them my things, even if they were in my eyesight. It was practically all I had; it wasn't like I could have left anything that I wanted or valued back in my flat because I would have gone back to find them gone without a trace.

She looked taken back for a minute before she composed herself and smiled once again. "Alright, if you would like to follow me," she instructed before she turned and began to walk towards the hotel.

I followed after her slowly, looking around the place to get a sense of my surrounding. That's one thing I always had to know because I needed to make sure I would be able to get around quickly and quietly if I needed to get away. As she led me into the hotel and through the reception area, she was explaining certain things to me but I wasn't paying attention. No, I was taking in the interior of the hotel. I had never seen anything like this, and I most certainly had never imagined I would ever be in a place like this. It was then that I knew that I probably wouldn't enjoy being here too much because it was just so expensive looking and I hated anything and everything that looked to cost a great deal of money because that was something I didn't have.

As we got into the lift, she pressed the sixth floor button and turned to look at me. "The sixth floor is free to you to do as you please. The other floors are in the process of being finished and it's not safe if you were to stray from your floor so I respectfully request that you stick with the sixth floor," she told me.

I knew she was lying. No one would start on the sixth floor and then go about the other floors. If anything, they'd start with the first floor and work their way up. So what's on the other floors that she doesn't want me to find out?

The lift reached the floor and we stepped out. I allowed her to lead me down the hallway before she stopped at a door, turning the handle and pushing the door open. "This is your room, Mr. Jones. I hope it's sufficient enough for your needs, but if it's not then remember I'm on call to cater to anything you do not like and each room on this floor is open for your pleasing so if you find yourself not liking this suite, feel free to change rooms," she said.

"Urm, thanks," I muttered as I slowly walked into the room. It was clearly the living room area as there was a sofa and armchairs occupying the area. Fancy rugs covered the carpet and there was quite a lot of decorative paintings around the room. I turned and saw that the door was now shut and I was alone. Upon finding out, I walked across the room and dumped my bag on one of the chairs before going over to the window and opening it. I looked down and saw that beneath my window was all grass. Without another thought, I brought up my phlegm and allowed it to dangle from my tongue for a few seconds before it dropped off and fell to the ground.

I turned back to the room. I was going to change this suite to suit me. I couldn't stay in a clean, elegant feeling room for the whole week. It had to be a mess and it had to lose all the decorative stuff. Good thing the other rooms are open to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, we made it to Chase. You have no idea how much I enjoy writing for Chase. He's an interesting bloke.