Our Pasts Will Be Our Secrets

Penelope

Okay, after the initial shock of getting a free vacation wore off, I started to think logically. What about my meeting? Was it really that awesome of an offer? What if for some reason I got stranded by myself and ended up dying? Woah, that would suck.

Eventually I decided that I have a lot of stress in my life, I've never been on a vacation, and i really want to go. So I started packing and the next day I was on a plane heading to some island.

On the plane ride over, I talked with Robby about my meeting.

"Why do you have to go?" I could tell he was pouting through the tone in his voice. He can be such a baby.

I sigh and reply, "I've never been a vacation. I'm going to be getting back in a week and every thing's going to be taking off and I'll have no time to relax. This is my last chance and I want to take it. I'm sorry you couldn't come with me."

"It's not fair!"

"Rob, you're twenty-one, not eleven."

"Ever since you started living with me a year ago we've never been apart for this long. Maybe a day or two but never a week! How am i going to live without you? I'll starve!"

You see, Rob and I are best friends. He's helped me when people say my singing sucks and I've helped him when girls say he's horrible in bed. It's a pretty good friendship.

* * *

Stepping out of the mini-plane that brought me to this island, I look around. There's soft sand, blue water, green trees, everything you could possibly wish for in an island vacation. I lean my head back so I can feel the sun radiating on my skin.

This is going to be the best week ever!

I hear someone clear their throat behind me and so I turn to see a women holding my luggage. She says, "Hello Penelope, I'm Sarah. I will be your personal maid for this week to cater to any of your personal needs. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. For right now, follow me to your hotel." She smiles and turns, heading off along a path which I guess leads to the hotel.

After we get to the hotel she tell me my room is on level one. She says I have access to the lobby we first came in and all of level one but I'm "forbidden" to go on any of the other floors.

Whatever.

Eventually Sarah leaves me in my room to get settled in. Left in a fairly large suit by myself and nothing to do I decide to take a bath and then lay down to sleep.

I guess my real vacation will start tomorrow.

A walk on the beach, a swim in the ocean, lots of sun, it's going to be great.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it took so long and it's really short. I guess for right now, I don't really have much heart in this story. Seriously, every time I sit down to write it it feels like I'm just forcing words out of me.

Hopefully by the time it's my turn to write again, I'll have more to say. By the way, sorry if there's mistakes, I really don't feel like re-reading this to find all my little errors.