Your Promises Look Like Lies

Twenty Four

Bailey

I yawned as I wandered out of my bedroom, careful not to wake Kaya.

My heart sank slightly when I saw the empty couch, knowing just how many people would be heartbroken by Jared's early departure.

I wandered over to the kitchen, flicking the kettle on and getting 3 mugs out of the cupboard before placing two pieces of bread in the toaster.

A sigh emptied my lungs as I made the hot drinks and the toast popped up. I knew Lauren better than I knew myself and I definately knew how disappointed she'd be when she realised Jared had gone without saying goodbye.

With a tray full of breakfast for my best friend I headed over to her room, knocking softly before opening the door.

My jaw dropped as the scene unfolded in front of my eyes...Lauren was still asleep, cuddled up with a shirtless Jared.

A smile slowly came to my lips as I backed out of the room.

* Lauren

I yawned and stretched as I slowly awoke, panic gripping my chest when I saw Jared sleeping deeply beside me.

As he shifted in his slumber, turning on his side to face me the panic melted away as I saw the adorable look on his handsome face.

I reached up, gently brushing his silky black hair off his face. He stirred as I did, his beautiful blue eyes flickering open.

"Morning," He whispered, a soft smile stretching his thin lips, almost shyly. His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer "How're you?" he asked slowly, as though he was testing the water.

"Tired," I replied with a smirk and one raised eyebrow.

Relief sparkled in those gorgeous eyes as he cupped the back of my neck gently. I was unable to contain my smile as he connected out lips.

"I thought you'd be regretful," He said slowly, staring deep into my eyes.

"Scared," I corrected him with a smile "But in the best way possible," I traced my finger down his face "We've never actually been together properly..."

He kissed my nose before leaning his forehead against mine "You want to be together?"

I swallowed the lump of anticipation in my throat before forcing my voice to work "I thought that's what you wanted too."

"That's exactly what I want Lauren, it was just a - nice - shock to hear you say it outloud," He answered "I'm just wondering what you're going to do about-"

"It's always been you Jared," I interrupted "Always."

He pulled me - if possible - even closer to him, quickly pressing his lips to mine. I giggled into the kiss, the happiness and passion behind it buzzing around my whole body.

"I've waited so long for this Lauren," Jared mumbled, tracing comforting patterns along my back with his calloused guitarist fingers.

"Well," I began with a smirk, rolling onto him I straddled his waist, my hands on either side of his head "I've waited longer."
♠ ♠ ♠
violettwist<3
LISA!!!!!! I missed you!

apologies for any spelling mistakes/name mistakes...it's 2:40am (luckily no college tomorrow ahaha) and ive just finished watching 4 hours of vampire diaries <3 (rewatching the 1st season xD)
Speaking of which, if you like the show check out my story Bite Me ;)
I'd post a link but, again, it's 2:40am! hahaha

lovesss<33

Samxo

[p.s. this is not the end of this story...lot to come!]