Well After All We'll Lie Another Day.

Chapter Ten

Cherise POV:

Gerard had just walked me home. He didn't give me a ride, because he couldn't drive, but it was sweet anyway.

We spent hours in that coffee shop. I think I talked a little too much. I had blurted out a whole load of stuff he probably didn't want to hear. Plus at one point I blanked him out completely. I didn't mean to! I mean, I did but not because I didn't want to talk to him. Just not about that.
Why did I tell him about the fishing? I remember everything about that day...

Flashback 3rd Person POV:

The sun was splintered across the wide stretch of water like so much spun glass. Each wave giving the boat a small push. The three passengers sat quietly, looking outwards to sea. The clouds began to draw in over the golden sun, blocking out its bright rays. Large raindrops began to fall upon the three passengers. The largest passenger put up an umbrella to shield the three from the rain.
Only two were wearing lifejackets.

The biggest and the smallest.
The wind suddenly picked up and began to shake the small boat violently; water began filling the boat, coming in over the sides. The child on board started to cry in fear.
A sudden wave overturned the rowboat and all were throw overboard. Fishing lines began to tangle around the struggling people.

Two people floated and breathed to see another day.
The third did not.

End Flashback
Cherise POV:

I couldn't leave something as big as that on Gerard’s shoulders, or Mikey's, or anyones. I don't think anyone would cope with parts of my childhood.
However distant those things may seem,
Sometimes I just want to scream.