Status: Contest.

Vivid Dreams

001.

His legs were moving, faster and faster; his chest heaving as his heart pounded. It felt like it was going to jump out of his chest. His chaser was gaining, as he tripped and hit his head, shuffling forward, he pushed himself of the ground and stumbled to his feet as his abductor was approaching, so close his cruel quiet voice could be heard. ‘Zachary oh Zacky’ his sinister laugh made Zack’s skin crawl. The shadows had met him, finally caught him; a cloaked figure was inches away from Zack, as Zack held his breath, the sweat dripping down his brow. “You can’t run from your fears Zachary.” Zack’s eyes shot open as he sat up, looking around the room.

His empty bedroom was cold and empty, so empty. Sighing, Zack looked at the green illuminating clock on his bedside table. Two-thirty-five AM. Crawling out of bed, he shuffled into the kitchen; Alex was perched against the bench, a glass of milk in front of him. “What’s wrong babe?” he asked, resting his hand on Alex’s back. Alex looked up, his eyes were bloodshot and his hair a dishevelled mess.

“Nightmares” he whispered. Zack nodded, he knew that feeling. “You?” He took a gulp from his milk the handed it to Zack.

“Same” he whispered, kissing Alex’s milk moustache. “It’s scary; to think we will be parents in a few months”

“Unless something goes wrong” Alex muttered under his breath, picking up the empty glass and washing it up in the sink. “Come on love, let’s go back to bed and have good dreams” Zack nodded, following Alex back to his bed. Alex laid his head on Zack’s chest, letting the rhythmic pattern on Zack’s heart put him to sleep.

~~

Awoken by the sound of his ringtone, Alex groaned not bothering to check the ID. “Hello?” he asked.

“Mr Gaskarth, this is Dr Haskin, Amy is ready to be brought home” She beamed on the other end. Alex was already out of bed, struggling into his clothes.

“Thank you we will be right there” he hung up and jumped onto Zack. “Wake up baby, we get our girl today” he grinned, kissing Zack’s shoulder blade. Zack smiled, sitting up. They quickly got ready and went to the hospital. Amy’s mother, Hannah was nursing the baby girl. She was beautiful.

Alex took her and held her proudly, kissing Zack he grinned. “From the moment you were dubbed Macarena we knew you would be our baby girl. I just can’t believe it’s actually happening, you’re finally here” he kissed the baby’s forehead as she gripped his hair, gurgling and smiling. Hannah pulled out a camera as the new family of three posed.

“She is gonna be trouble I can just tell” Zack laughed as Amy tried to grab Alex’s hair again. It was a beautiful family moment, and the boys couldn’t be happier.
♠ ♠ ♠
For a contest.