Status: Active. Comments and subscriptions welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Northfield

Three

I held the envelope in my hands, I didn’t want to read it, but at the same time I did. I carefully peeled back the top of the envelope revealing the notebook paper Luke had written on. Dom sat beside me, and watched me, his eyes following my every move. I sighed pulling out the paper. Was I even ready to read this? I sniffled and unfolded the paper. “Dom, I don’t think I can,” I murmured looking into his bright hazel eyes. He brushed my fringe away from my eyes and nodded.

“Tay, you need to. Luke said it was important.”

I reluctantly began to read, “ Dear Taylor,
I want you to have my sweaters and shirts, I know how much you enjoy wearing them. Take my camera, too. I know you’ll take good care of it. Remember, baby, move on. It’s okay with me. I just want you to be happy. I love you so much. My mom should be bringing the boxes of stuff I packed up for you over. It’s not much since I grew out of most my stuff. You are perfect. Beautiful. Any man would be lucky to have you. Just a secret, Dom really likes you. You two go on ahead to England, I know it’s your dream. I don’t know what else to say but I love you so much.
Love,
Lukeyboo.


“I always called him Lukeyboo,” I sobbed onto Dom’s shoulder.

“I know, dear. You’ll be okay, I’m here for you.” Dom’s words were smooth and soft. I held onto him. “Go put some pajamas on.”

I grabbed some sweats off my floor and a Drop Dead sweater; I walked into my closet and shut the door quickly changing. I exited the closet and snatched up one of Luke’s beanies and placed it on my head. I slid my feet into my fuzzy warm slipped and walked the few feet back to my bed, Dom smiled at me.

“Dommy, I need you here tonight, please?” I begged.

He looked up at me biting his lip, “wouldn’t be the first time I was condemned to sleeping on the little window bed thing. Sure.”

“You’re not sleeping there, you’re sleeping with me. I cannot take sleeping alone Dom,” I sighed sitting down beside him, I looked at the clock to see the time. Hardly noon.

“It just seems really weird, I mean well. Ugh, you know what I’m trying to say,” he sighed, “so soon.”

“Please?” I begged, “Dom, I need you here. You’re all I have now.”

Dom reluctantly agreed, he went to the bathroom to change into some lazy clothes and I sat on my bed waiting for him to get back. He had clothes left over here, always did since we were kids. I sniffled and tucked my knees up to my chest as best I could. I ached from crying so much. Dominic walked in and pushed his hair, which was now getting longer, out of his face. He sat down beside me on the side of the bed I usually slept on. I sat on Luke’s spot. I shifted my weight onto Dom; he wrapped his arms around me, just like Luke did. I sighed.

We talked casually about moving to England and watched cartoons. It was a lazy day for us after the funeral. I kept thinking about how it would be if Luke were here. I missed him so much. I hated thinking about how I couldn’t be able to call him or text him. His parents had his number deleted; I deleted it from my phone.

“So do you want to move to England?” Dom questioned as I turned over and snuggled closer to him. My eyes slowly shutting, this depression made me so tired.

“Yeah, I do,” I yawned. Dom rambled on about how we could do it. I slowly drifted off into sleep. I felt safe, at least. I was so tired. I just let myself go into rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah.
lazy outfit