Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys

Epilogue

Battery City didn’t have a cemetery, so Party Poison told me that the graves of Kobra Kid and Fun Ghoul could be placed in the Brunsmont cemetery. There was nothing in the coffins, as the bodies had never been retrieved. I wasn’t quite sure as to why there had even been coffins, but that’s what the remaining Killjoys had wanted.

The graves read R.I.P. Mikey ‘Kobra Kid’ Way and Frank ‘Fun Ghoul’ Iero

I looked at Party Poison, Jet-Star, Scarecrow and Missile Kid, who had just arrived with Dr. Death-Defying and Show Pony not too far behind them.

“I want to know something,” I said quietly. I had been hiding under the cover of nearby trees; it was now summertime and it was the only way I could get out of the sun. Party Poison looked at me.

“Is it about the last names?” I nodded. “All of us, except Mikey and I, used different last names so nobody could track down our whole family.”

Party Poison didn’t bother using the Killjoy names anymore. He had told me that he wouldn’t ever bother again because there was no need for the Killjoys anymore. To me, though, they would always be The Fabulous Killjoys.

Missile Kid hugged Party Poison and began crying.

“It’ll be okay, Grace.” Party Poison hugged her, trying to comfort her.

“I don’t wanna be Grace, I wanna be Missile Kid, with Party Poison and Jet-Star and Scarecrow and Fun Ghoul and Kobra Kid!”

“It’s over now, though. Better Living Industries is gone.”

“I don’t care.”

They all stood in silence, just as we did on that one horrible day.

We didn’t say a word, just like on that one horrible day.

For the first time ever, I saw what I thought was a tear forming in Party Poison’s eye.

“I can’t believe they’re gone forever.”

“Don’t be sad, Gerard. We all knew something was going to happen there, we all knew somebody was going to die, and we were just hoping that it wouldn’t be somebody we knew and loved. It’s the risk we took as Killjoys.”

“I shouldn’t have let them stay behind,” Party Poison ignored Scarecrow completely, “I should’ve made them come with us.”

“It’s too late for should’ve, though,” Jet-Star told him.

“I don’t care, Ray. If there was only a way to go back in time and bring them back.”

“But there’s not, and that’s the thing that you need to understand.”

“I think we should go,” Dr. D announced, “before this gets too emotional.”

Scarecrow smiled at me a little, before speaking.

“If you ever need help,” he began, “contact me.”

“How?” I asked, “I have no way of contacting you.”

“You’re the one with the magic mind that can dream of real events. I’m sure you’ll be able to contact us somehow.” Scarecrow came over to me and hugged me for about ten seconds before kissing me on the head and leaving.

I didn’t know when I’d see the Killjoys again, or if I ever would see the Killjoys again.

I looked around, finding a bunch of wild flowers. Walking over to them and picking them, I stood back in my original position and carefully threw them, two each, onto the graves of Fun Ghoul and Kobra Kid.

I walked away hoping that, one day, the Killjoys and I would meet again.

And it would be another great adventure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Look guys, it's finally the epilogue! To be honest... I'd finished this ages ago, but I didn't put it here so I could write you guys the first chapter of the next story and link you guys to it!

Look guys, here it is! Click here!

The first chapter's gonna be up in a sec, then I'll make a cover, maybe a layout, if I can be bothered.

So, I guess I should thank you guys for sticking with me and my stories, through everything... Slow updates, no updates, my idiocy and spelling mistakes... So thanks!

Hope you enjoy Life on the Murder Scene as much as Danger Days!
xxTeza