Status: This is for a contest

A Perfectly Good Heart

Broken and Truth

May and John had been going out for a long time now, they were thee couple around high school. John being a jock and May being lead singer in all the shows. They were perfect together. May was sure it was love. Maybe it was to her.
John had walked May to her homeroom and smiled at her.
“I’ll see you later…” May said sweetly to him as he let go of her hand and loud it to just drop to her side.
“Yeah, I’ll see ya..” John pecked her lips quietly, not even making eye contact with her. It had been like this for the past month, but May really didn’t take that much noticed of the change. She was just happy that she had him.
“What? Only a peck?” she teased him.
John lent down and kissed her again. He then pulled away and started to walk away. “See ya…”
May watched him leave then headed into homeroom. She sat down with her friends and waited for the time fly by.
Homeroom had finished, May left her homeroom and headed to the gym with her best friends Kelly and Danni.
“Do you think that Mark will ask me to the winter dance?” Kelly asked both of them.
May looked at Danni for a moment, both of them wanting to laugh at Kelly.
“Kelly… if you want to go to the dance with him that much ask…” Danni told her.
“I’m not asking him out…” Kelly let out a sign “Its alright for you two, Danni, you have Ric, and May you have John.”
“That doesn’t mean anything.” they both told her.
“I guess your right…”
They headed into the gym. Both Danni and Kelly watched the basketball team, but may noticed that John wasn’t there for once. “That was odd…” she said quietly to herself, but Kelly must of heard her.
“What is?”
“John… he’s not playing…”
“Erm May…”
May looked towards Danni. “What is it D?”
Danni pointed over May shoulder towards John and the head cheerlead, Lucy. Lucy hated May because she had been going out with John for so long, but Lucy knew that John wanted her.
May turned around slowly to see John messing on with Lucy’s hair. Barely any space was between them both. May was shocked at what she could see was going on. Not was he just messing with her hair, his other hand was on her waist, pulling her closer to him. May felt her heart had been ripped into two. She watched for a moment, to see how far he would go with Lucy. His lips then touched her and she watched for a moment longer before heading over.
“May… stop…” Danni ran after me and grabbed my arm.
Everyone stopped in the gym and looked towards May then towards John and Lucy.
“Ooooo, John, you in for it…” one of the guys yelled.
That when John had pulled out of the kiss and he saw May standing there, being held back by Danni. Tears ran down May face, John moved away from Lucy and took a step towards May. She pulled her arm out of Danni’s and ran out of the Gym.
There was a powerful pain that laid in her chest. Knowing thee girls would try and hold John back, he would be stalled. May then fell to the floor, holding on to her chest as if she was having an heart attack, but it wasn’t, it was her heart that was breaking. She loved him, and he was throwing it always, just like that.
There was footsteps running towards her. “May, please…”
May looked at the floor, not really wanting to face him “Why?” she whipped.
“May… please…”
“Why?” she yelled “Why would… would you do this?”
“May… it was a stupid mistake…”
May stood up then a glared at him “What? You just don’t kiss someone in front of everyone and say it’s a mistake…”
May looked over his shoulder to see his whole team was standing there. She looked back at him and took a deep breath.
“Why would you wanna break a perfectly good heart? You know what I’m going through at home. All the shit that is happening there, my sister is in hospital. Why would you wanna take our love and tear it all apart, now? After everything we’ve gone through, after all that I’ve done for you, but you don’t care about that. So why? Why would you wanna make the very first scar? You were my first real boyfriend. I thought you loved my, but I guess I was wrong.”
“May, I’m sorry.” he said quietly.
“Your sorry… your sorry. Oh look everyone, John is fucking sorry…” May shouted.
“Look, if you think its so wrong, and me saying sorry isn’t good enough, then we might as well say its over.” he shouted back at her then Lucy came into sight and smirked.
“Maybe I should've seen the signs, should've read the writing on the wall. And realized by the distance in your eyes that I would be the one to fall. No matter what you say, I still can't believe that you would walk away. It don't make sense to me.” May said calmly and looked back him. “But your right, we might as well say its over…” May started to walk past John then past Lucy who still had a smirk on her face. May stopped and looked back at Lucy.
“I don’t know what your so happy about, Lucy. He cheated on me, and they always say, once a cheater always a cheater. He’ll break your heart, just like he has done to mine…” she then started to walk again. Her best friends waited for her then wrapped her arms around her waist.
“You sure as hell told him babe.” Danni told her.
“Thanks…” May then started to cry again.
“Hey, its ok, who needs guys, all they do is break your heart…” Kelly said to her. “We’ll always be here for you, and that’s the way it will always be.”