Sequel: Starting Forever.
Status: Complete.

Fate Keeps Loathing.

Shock.

I boredly looked at the clock. The time ticked back slowly. Since arriving at work four and a half hours ago I had only served three people. Why we were even open was oblivious to me.
I made funny circles on the counter space in front of me. Hearing the door bell ring lightly I sat up and looked up. Jimmy walked in and smiled glancing around seeing no one beside me. “See your co-worker bailed on you” he noticed the empty place beside me. “Yep, and I don't even know why I'm here. I've served three people since...six o'clock” I said looking over at the clock. He chuckled grinning. “You know you could always just, close up” he grinned. I shook my head. “Yeah, I better not do that, I don't want to end up being fired on Christmas” I nodded. It was true. I needed this job, money was always a good thing for me since I had to put gas in my car and of course having this job for over a year now I don't think I'd find a decent one I'd like besides here. It was down to here, McDick's or Walmart.
“Only thirty more minutes to live through” I sighed. Jimmy laughed loudly. “If you think this is brutal try repeating life over again” he smirked. I rolled my eyes.
“I might not even get the chance to become a vampire by the way things are looking right now” I sighed watching the time pass by. “Oh you will” he reassured. I rolled my eyes.

The thirty minutes would have been worst if Jimmy hadn't been their with me. “I think we can go now, there is only five minutes left” he spoke after awhile. “Aw fuck it, if I get fired for leaving five minutes early, they're really dumb” I sighed and double checked that all the coffee pots were off and unplugged. I walked around the counter and pulled out the keys. Jimmy walked out first as I flipped the door sign and kill the lights before walking out and shutting the door locking it tight.
We got to his truck and I climbed in.
“So whatcha do while I was here?” I asked as we pulled out of the driveway. “Stayed downstairs and did some well needed practicing” he spoke. I smiled. He had always practiced like, everyday. Their wasn't a day Jimmy didn't play that drum kit of his downstairs in the basement of the house.

We pulled up into my drive way and I sighed. “Want me to walk you to the door?” he asked. I shook my head. “Nah, I think I'm just going to go upstairs and crawl into bed” I tiredly said. He nodded. “Merry Christmas hon” I spoke and leaned forward kissing him. “I love you” he spoke and I smiled. “I love you too”

I stepped out of the truck and shut the door quickly walking up the stairs and opening the door. Turning slightly as I faced his truck again. I smiled and waved before proceeding through the door. I didn't even make it to the stairs when I turned into the living room.

My eyes went wide in horror. I let out a high pitched scream as tears filled my eyes. My brain didn't know what to think, my eyes didn't want to believe what they saw. I didn't even jump when arms wrapped around from behind me. I looked up to see Jimmy's pale face and hanging jaw. I yelled something to him, I couldn't even tell if it was in English or not. He turned me around hugging me closely. I sobbed in controllably this could not be happening to me. On Christmas, while I was away.
It was probably the worst thing a child could see. Both my parents lied in the living room, blood stained their bodies and clothes along with the floor. The TV was still on showing the late night news which they always watched. Something had cut them to pieces, something that wasn't human because no human would just do that to people.

It ended up being a whirlwind of a night. I had left the house to have everything to come home to have no parents, my house a mess and to be mentally disturbed.

“Emily you have to talk to us, what happened when you came home” asked the Police officer who ended up knowing my name through Jimmy telling him. Jimmy sat beside me on the stairs, holding me closely as police and other investigation people searched the house.

“I just....walked...in...to see them... like....like this” I spoke looking over with blurred vision seeing the people taking photos and gathering evidence while others zipped up the body bags containing my parents. I cried harder. “Has anything been taken that you know of from upstairs or throughout the rest of your house?” he asked. I shook my head. “I haven't checked” I cried. “I went upstairs” Jimmy spoke. “Her laptop, cellphone and other things were all up their, nothing looked touched” He continued. “When was the last time you had been here Mister Sullivan?” he asked writing stuff down. “At dinner. Emily and I left together because I took her to work” He spoke. “And did you return here after that?” he asked. “No, I went home before going back to pick her up and bring her home” “For the most part, he was with me, so I have no idea who...would have done this” I cried. The officer nodded. “Take her home with you son, this house is going under complete investigation tonight” the cop last spoke before walking off. My mind my racing. Who would have done this? And why?

“Oh my god, Emily!” I looked up to see Caro and the rest of the guys barge through the door. “Excuse me, can you place remove yourselves from here!” yelled a women who worked for the police walked in. “Matt gave her a dirty look” “We'll be out soon” Jimmy spoke getting up. “How about I go upstairs and grab you somethings” “NO!” I grabbed his arm. “You are not leaving me” he frowned as I began crying again. “I'll be super quick, love, no one will hurt you, you're surrounded with police officers and vampires, no one can get to you” he spoke. “How do I know that, they still might be here” I spoke getting paranoid. “Emily, if someone was here, I'd know believe me, I would know. And no one is here, someone was though and once you are out of here and safe back at the house I'll make sure the guys will go out looking for this person. Emily they won't get away” he spoke. I slowly let go of his arm and he very quickly without anyone seeing, ran up the stairs. I didn't even have to count to ten before he was back by my side with a bag of clothes for me and my computer, ipod and phone.

“Come on Em, lets go”
I sighed and slowly got up looking hopelessly at the living room. The last place my parents were when I said goodbye and the last place they were when I came home.
♠ ♠ ♠
:/