Sequel: Starting Forever.
Status: Complete.

Fate Keeps Loathing.

Annoyance.

We had been driving for a little bit until Caro pulled off and parked on the side of the the road. The beach which sat along side of us looked fairly unused. I looked at her and she made a hand signal which told me to follow her. I got out of the fashionable car (which of course belonged to Zack which she probably stole) and followed her down along the beach. She sat down randomly on the sand and patted her hand along it for me to sit beside her.
I did so and then silence hit us for a few moments. “So why aren't you burning up?” I asked ruthlessly smirking beside her. She turned to me and smiled then rolled her eyes. “Because that's bullshit, the sun does nothing to me, or anyone else for that matter” she spoke. “Oh, so what, some dumb thing Hollywood made up?” I asked. She nodded. “So the same goes for the stake to the heart?” I chuckled. She didn't respond which made me stop and look at her seriously. She turned to me and shook her head. “No. That actually would kill me” She spoke lowly. I nodded a little taken back now. “So what else?”
“We can run unnaturally fast, are unnaturally stronger and of course live forever” she nodded. I nodded expecting something along those lines.

“I still can't believe it though... why am I still living?” I asked surprised. She laughed. “Because, we don't eat people silly!” I gave her a weird look. “Ok...well we do, but all the blood we drink is stolen from a blood bank, other than that its wild animals” she spoke. I nodded. “So you haven't killed anyone?” I asked curiously. She smiled darkly and looked up to me, through her darker than usual orbs I could read the answer. “Ok then... should I be fearing for my life?” I asked a little worried. “WHAT! NO!” She yelled pushing my shoulder. Her voice was a little offended. “You're the safest girl around here, no one will touch you or sink their teeth into your neck” she spoke. I nodded. “There would only be one person willing to do that though” her voice went back to that scary sinister tone. I stayed silent. She smirked and then laughed it off. “Lets not talk about this anymore and lets go do something NORMAL for once” she suggested. I nodded and got up brushing the sand off my ass before heading back to the car. “Oh and a little advice Em, no one knows about us, but I trust you enough not to spill the secret” she smiled getting into the car. I nodded. Yeah and if I did tell anyone, I'd been tracked down and murdered before I would have the chance to even open my mouth to scream.

We ended up roaming the mall and about four hours later I returned home, with a few new things but over all enjoying my day more than what I had originally had thought it would have been. I rushed upstairs and put my new things away. Since most of my day was gone, and I had nothing else to do I decided to pop in a movie, something random from my DVD collection. It ended up being, oddly enough, Lost Boys. I wasn't going to lie, I loved this movie, though with what was reveled to me days prier, it was sickly becoming more like reality.
Lying their on my bed as the TV played the movie my eyes fell heavily. Before I had realized it I had fallen asleep but to my disadvantage it didn't last long. I found myself scared to death again by the realistic nightmare. I squinted seeing the bright blue light coming off my TV. I turned grabbing my remote and shut it off. It was then I was clueless of what time it was or how long I was asleep for. I turned to my clock to see it read 6:39 am. back at me. I sighed and got up. I had to get ready for work anyways. So it didn't really matter how early it was people would be bitching to get their early morning Monday coffee soon enough.

I showered up, blow dried and put my hair up into a ponytail, put on some light make up and got into my uniform which was a blue colored button up shirt and black jeans. I jumped into my converse and then headed off downstairs. I grabbed the keys to the car my mom and dad got me, it was nothing but a piece of junk but it ran so that's all I cared about. I jumped into my car before driving off and heading off to work.

As usual the morning was busy and as usual again, it was just me and another person working. Today it was with Mary Chapman she was a fiery ginger who liked her lip gloss and always gossiped and chatted when her friends walked into the coffee shop, this of course always held up the line which then I was to take everyone else's orders, alone and by myself.
So about 9:30 a group of her friends walked in and right away the conversations began. I sighed. Thankfully they had waited until rush hour was over, a few odd costumers came in but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.

I passed the last guy his cappuccino as another person stepped up to the counter. I turned and noticed right away who it was. “You've been avoiding him haven't you?” asked Matt. The strongly built best friend of my boyfriend spoke in that husky voice of his. I didn't respond with what he wanted. “What can I get you” He rolled his eyes. “What, I'm working, I can't talk other stuff right now” I spoke softly. He glanced over to the ginger who chatted away about her boyfriend and her date with him to the girls behind the counter. “Uh huh” he spoke “And I'm not human” he joked. I huffed giving him an annoyed look. He smiled before looking up at the board and then spoke “A Black coffee” “What size and for here or to go?” I asked ready to type it in. “Large and for here” he spoke smiling the last part before digging around in his pants pockets to get the change he needed. “$1.31” I spoke and rolled my eyes. Of course he would hang around here, he'd want to stay here all day to annoy the crap out of me. I poured him his coffee and he handed me a five dollar bill. “You can keep the change if you at least talk to him” he spoke. I huffed glaring at him. “And how will I be able to do that now? I don't know where he lives” I snapped. “Unlock your window” he said before walking off towards a table on the far side of the shop.

The rest of the day went by slowly. Before long Matt got up walking past me (who stood alone because Mary had taken her lunch break.) “Unlock it” he spoke. “And if I don't?” I asked. He made a face. “Well, you'll owe me money and about six hours back of my life” “Oh yeah right, like you need the time” I rolled my eyes. He chuckled loudly before opening the door. The summers day heat rushing through the air conditioned room. “Do it though, please, he's not acting right and its not good” he spoke seriously shading his eyes with the same pair of sunglasses he always wore; aviators.
“OK I will!” I yelled as the door shut and his form disappeared. “Ugh...” I groaned and whipped my counter space down for the millionth time that day.

My shift ended at three. Where I then headed back home and ran upstairs changing out of my jeans and work shirt and into a tank top and a pair of shorts. I went over to the window and looked at it. Sighing I unlocked it and walked away. Now it was a matter of time when he would show up, checking up on me at some point.