Sequel: Starting Forever.
Status: Complete.

Fate Keeps Loathing.

Shopping.

Before long it felt like between work, school and homework. I didn't have enough time in a day. The months withered away, and before I could fully rap my head around it Christmas was knocking on our doors.

It was about a week and a half away. Caro and I sat at a small diner in the mall as I ordered food we talked. “So what should I get you guys for Christmas? Or do vampires don't do Christmas?” I asked quietly. She shrugged. “Of course we have Christmas. But as far as what we want, don't worry about it” she smiled. “Well I have to get you guys something, but what...its not like you eat out or something... not unless I can somehow find gift cards to the blood bank. But I'm sure that's impossible” I spoke as my meal arrived. Caro laughed. “You're so funny, but you know I do like clothes and Zack is always listening to new music...” she hinted. A smiled curved up on my lips. “Ok, and Matt, Brian, JC?” “Johnny probably could use some more school supplies” she giggled. I almost choked on my food as she said that. “And Brian... hmm... I don't know he's always a hard one to get stuff for, same for Matt...What did you get Jimmy”
I sighed. “That's who I was going to suggest for next, I really don't know” I spoke picking at the salad in front of me. “How about we go after you're done eating, we have a couple hours to kill, we'll find something” she smiled. I nodded and ate up. What would I get everyone, I still hadn't gotten my parents anything either.

We wondered around the mall. “I have 800 bucks for Christmas spending money” I notified her. She nodded not saying anything about it. We headed off to the music store first were I picked up a few things for my Mom. We then moved on to the Sears where I picked a few things up, a couple new ties for my Dad, some make up for my Mom.

When we walked out I made sure who I had covered. “So my Mom and Dad are covered, now for Jimmy, Matt, Brian, Zack, Johnny and you” I spoke. I had spent a 100 bucks at the time and the Saturday afternoon seemed to be dragging on and on. “Hmmm... You like shoes right?” “Yes!!” She nodded. I smiled. “How about we part and I'll meet up with you in an hour or so?” I asked. She went quiet and shook her head. I gave her a strange look. “Whats wrong” She snapped out of it and shook her head again. “Nothing, how about we stick together” she spoke. A cold feeling ran through me, was their someone out their? I nodded as we quietly headed into the shoe store.
We parted in different isles and I looked through the shoes in her size. She had the smallest everything I swore to God. From feet to clothing to size herself. I walked around and went through the open boxes until I found a shiny silver pair of peep toed heels. They looked cute and had a few inches upon them. I grabbed them quickly and rushed over to cash, paid for them and turned around. “Fined something?” she asked curiously. I nodded smiling. “Something for you, now no peaking” I warned. She smiled and nodded as we walked out the store. “So will I like these shoes, well I assume their shoes since its like the only thing they sell in their...UNLESS ITS A HAND BAG?!” She smiled widely. I thought about it...maybe later I could come back and find something to match them? “You'll seem Christmas morning” I grinned.

We moved on. I had only all the guy to buy for. What they would want, beat me. “What could I get the guys...” I asked. “They like there liquor” Caro spoke. I gave her a confused look. “But I thought...” “Alcohol usually kills the craving more than normal people food” she nodded. “...Well how am I going to get that, I can't legally buy alcohol” I spoke. She sighed and then held out her hand. “I'll get it, what should I choose from.” “What do they drink?” I asked. “Well they all love their whiskey” “Then get four Jack Daniels then” I spoke. I handed her some money and she quickly bought what I asked for.

It came down to him in the end. I had everyone else covered for but him. I sighed as we sat down on one of the benches spread around the mall. “Jimmy... what am I going to get him” “How much do you have left?” Asked Caro. I looked. “About two hundred” I spoke. She went quiet thinking to herself. “Well sadly enough, you know him better than I do, even though we've been friends for almost a century” she laughed. I sighed. I had no idea though what he wanted or needed. “How about a new watch?” I suggested randomly. Caro's eyes lit up. “That would be perfect, he's had the same ugly one for the past...forever!” she smiled. It was then we got up and headed over to the jewelry store. I looked through the case of fine watches. Most were around three hundred to a thousand dollars. “Two hundred is all you had for cash wasn't it?” she asked. I nodded. “But I have more than that in my bank account” I spoke. “Oh”
My eyes glanced over the shiny diamond placed watches. “I love that one” I said breathlessly pointing to a silver watch, it had diamond around it and was perfect in all ways. “That's a lot of money” Caro pointed out the price. I looked and cringed. Sure right it was nice, $998. I bit my lip. “I can pay for it” she spoke like it was nothing. “No” I barked. “I'll get it for him” “He'll be super pissed if he finds out the price” she warned wide eyed. I shrugged. “Its my gift to him, I'll pay for it” I spoke. Not much longer the watch was in my possession and we left the mall, everyone covered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Birthday Zacky V. :D