Sequel: Chasing Claudia
Status: FIN... again!

Goth & Donut

You Should Go Out With Miss Hello Kitty

I’m looking out the rain soaked streets as I was ready to head out of my billet family’s home and heading to school. It’s been a long 2 months away from Guelph but I’m glad to be home for the start of the new season and final school year. While the memories of camp were fresh in my mind, it’s good to be back on normal.

I see a text message appearing on my phone. “See you tonight. XOXO” was the message. I knew who it was the moment I saw it. Brittany and I have been seeing each other on and off throughout the summer but kept in contact through emails and text messages when I was out west for World Juniors camp. She’s currently a junior at a Catholic school in town but we promise to see each other whenever we can. Plus she’s a great kisser. I haven’t had those in a long time.

As I look at the text, I remember the other night in which Luke and Steven were teasing me about my friendship with Janelle. Janelle is my friend. We do things together like any friend would. But Brittany is my girlfriend. However, they don’t see it that way.

*a week ago…*

“Hey, Goth Princess!” I waved to the monitor from my laptop as I see Janelle waving back. I noticed a few changes in her. She doesn’t have any braces any more, plus she’s not putting as much makeup as she used to. Maybe a few weeks in California and skating camp made her think about upgrading her look.

“Hey yourself, Donut!” She waved back with a smile on her face.

“Donut?” Someone called from the background and then started to laugh.

“Who the heck was that?”

“Oh that’s Luke.” I saw Luke walking into the room and jumping on the bed. I never really given Janelle’s email address to Luke. As much as I like Luke, I feel she deserves better than him.

“You mean Pretty Lucia?” She giggled as she waved at him. “Hi, Luke!”

“Hi, Goth Princess.” Luke smiled as he turned to me. “Damn, she is a hottie!”

“Luke!” I slapped him across the head and continued to talk to her. “Don’t mind him. He’s always like that.”

“What? Being a pretty boy?”

“Hey, take that as a complement.” Luke flipped his hair to show how pretty he is.

“Luke, may I speak to Janelle alone?”

“Oooh speak to the girlfriend, eh?”

“She’s not my girlfriend.” I slapped Luke again. Luke knows I’ve been seeing Brittany before coming to camp.

“Drew’s got another girlfriend?” Another voice came from the background. Suddenly, Steven Stamkos came in and hogged my screen. “Wow, what a hottie. I love Hello Kitty.” Steven touched the monitor and petting my Hello Kitty shirt.

“You perv!” She covered myself so he doesn’t touch it anymore.

“Sorry. I thought that was kinda cute. Drew, you never told me Janelle’s a hottie.”

“Yeah, Drew.” Luke agreed. “How you two never got together is beyond me. That Brittany girl you were talking about seems like she’s dating you because you’re a hockey player.”

“Excuse me?” Janelle interrupted our chat. “Hello… girl on the other side of the screen.”

“Sorry.” Steven said while fixing his hair. “It’s just Drew talked a lot about you here and—“

“Oh really? Like what?”

“Like the one time you two were singing to ABBA at a karaoke bar.” Luke laughed. “The boys were calling him ‘ABBA Boy’ after that. But he said you were really cool.”

“So it’s really cool that we’re meeting you through this.” Steven added. “Did I tell you that you’re a cutie, especially wearing Hello Kitty?”

“Steve!” I interrupted him, not liking the fact they are drooling over her. “Don’t mind them, Janelle.”

“Well we’ll leave you to talk.” Luke got off the bed and was heading to the door. “You better give me her email, Drew!” At that moment, I took out the napkin Janelle gave me and gave it to Luke. “Sweet!”

“I gotta go too. Hope to see you soon, Hello Kitty.” Steven gave a wink and left the screen, not without noticing his hard-on. Her mouth dropped to the floor seeing that.

“I’m so sorry about that. We had a great practice today.” I apologized before going to the door and locking it. “Okay Janelle, no more interruptions. How was Cali? I noticed your braces are off.”

“Did I just saw a hard-on?” She asked, still blushing of what she saw.


As I was walking into the school, I’m trying to remember the two girls are polar opposites of each other. Janelle is sassy, witty, sarcastic, and has a temper to be reckoned with. Brittany is sweet, cute, social, and bubbly.

“May I get into my locker?” The sassy, witty, sarcastic girl with a temper asked as I look down to see Janelle waiting for a hug. I leaned down to give her a hug and noticed she changed a bit since our webcam chat. Her hair is no longer jet black but light brown with blonde highlights, her makeup is more subtle and some of her piercings are gone.

“You were right about California changing you.”

“Cali didn’t change me. I just felt it’s a near year and it’s different me.” I look down and she kept her same clothing style. “I still have a nose ring and an eyebrow ring, but I took off the lip and the extra ear piercings.”

“So you’re ready for Senior year?” I asked as we look at our classes. We have a few classes together so we were able to spend some time during school.