‹ Prequel: Goth & Donut
Status: expect a chapter a day until New Years... bringing the story back to Mibba

Chasing Claudia

Ibiza, Spain

With ten days to spare, everyone convinced me to take the trip to Ibiza for the next couple of days. The girls insisted they come along as they wanted to capitalize the time they have until they go home to Montreal. Drew left us this morning to pick up Janelle in Paris but we’ll see if it works. At least a couple of days here would be fine.

After settling in, the boys did what they usually do, party and chase girls. They kinda got tired of Vicky chasing after them, especially PK. Lori, despite being labeled a “guidette”, isn’t as bad as her friend Vicky. As we watched them partying, she and I sat the table with embarrassment.

“Vicky is like this all the time.” Lori laughed. “She sees a hot guy and she goes after them like a bee. But deep down, she isn’t that bad.”

“If she is like this, I wonder what Luke was handling with that friend of yours.” I scuffed as I took a sip off my beer.

“Claudia’s different. She’s actually the best one out of all of us.” Lori took a sip off her rum and Coke and continued. She’s actually pretty. “She was the one who went to the better school, have the better job, actually the perfect good girl. She’s always the mature one but I credit that to her dad. They may be strict but she turned out okay.”

“If she turned out okay, why did she run out of her wedding?”

“Beats me, Steve. Maybe a sign of rebellion or just needed a way out. Be honest, I don’t blame her for leaving.”

“What you mean about that?”

“Well Vito isn’t the perfect guy her dad made him out to be. It’s just after we realized that she was gone, he acted very nonchalant about it while her dad was freaking out.” Lori explained as she brushed her blonde back. “Then Vicky saw him on the phone talking to someone about ‘wanting to hook up later’ and it seemed suspicious. All her father wants is for her to be home safe and sound. I wished I had a father like that. My dad was never around growing up.”

When Lori talked about Claudia and what type of person she is, I have a new respect for who Luke was chasing. However she can’t run away from her problems. Luke needs to let her go so she can face them. At the same time I felt like I was running away too. I left a great girl in Tampa to party up with the boys. I only started dating her few a couple of months but she’s great in every way. This trip was planned way before I met her and if I had the chance to do it over, I would’ve invited her along. Seeing that Luke chasing someone down makes me not only miss her more but people fall in love in different paces. I guess in Luke and my own case, it was faster than usual.

“Missing someone back home?” Lori asked as she got me another beer.

“Yeah. I’m dating someone back where I live in Tampa.” I showed her a picture off my camera phone of Soraya when we went to Busch Gardens a few weeks ago. “Her name is Soraya.”

“I’m guessing she’s a Cuban girl since you live in Tampa.” She looked at the picture before giving me back my phone.

“Yep. I’m working on improving my Spanish.” I laughed considering we’re in Spain. “Guess this trip is helping out a little.”

“How long have you been dating her?”

“Not long. About three months or so.”

“I have a boyfriend back home. He’s Puerto Rican and Black. Don’t tell your friends, okay.” She playfully shushed me before continued. “However the last thing Jorge told me before coming here is to have a great time. So you need to do is loosen up and have fun. Your girlfriend would’ve wanted you to do that.” With that Lori lead me to the dance floor and party. I guess I don’t mind letting it loose for one evening won’t hurt me.