And All Things Will End

006

Image

Waking up in sweats and breathing heavy was never good. Reece hadn't had a nightmare in so long she had forgot what they felt like. She hated it. Since being with Jimmy, she never had to deal with it anymore, but the more they argued, the darker the dreams came. She was thinking about having a talk with him about this. He wouldn't turn away and not listen to her.

Reece sat up carefully, making sure she wouldn't wake Owen up, but when she looked down, he wasn't there. That could mean three things. He was up playing, he got tired of sleeping on the couch, or Jimmy was home and they were laying in bed, acting like pigs and watching a movie. The thought made her smile. She loved her boys so much.

She made her way to the kitchen. That is were they normally start off. She couldn't have slept through all the racket they make trying to be quiet and not tell mommy what they were doing, but when she went to the kitchen, no one was there. Everything was left has she had left it last night. That was weird. Reece ran to check if Jimmy's car was there. It was, but there was no sign of Owen or Jimmy. That was until she heard crying coming from upstairs.

"Owen?!" She panicked, dashing for the stairs. It didn't take her as long as usual to get to the top of them. She shoved Owen's door open, looking around, checking every corner of that room, but he wasn't in there. "Owen? Baby, where are you?" Reece ran from Owen's room to her room. Owen was sitting on the bed next to Jimmy, poking him, crying. Reece's heart dropped. "Owen?"

He practically started screaming, holding his arms out to Reece. She walked slowly over to Jimmy's side of the bed, sitting down behind him. She put her hand on his arm. He was old, his lips were blue, but he looked like he was in peace.

"Jimmy?" She shook him lightly, tears coming to her eyes. "Baby, wake up!" Reece quickly rolled him over to face her. "Jimmy, sweetie, you have to wake up. You guys are going to the studio today, remember?"

Her hands were really shaky as she reached out, checking his pulse. Nothing. She got nothing.

The worst day of her life had just began.

---

Everyone was gathering around her, telling her how sorry they were for her lose, but they didn't know what she was feeling. They didn't understand how much she hurt inside. No one knew other than his close friends and family. And then, she wasn't so sure they knew. They were there when her and Jimmy has fought, when they talked sweetly to each other, when they made love. No one was there to see all those times she wouldn't give up for anything in the world. And they were gone. Forever.

"Reecie, baby," Matt walked over, wiping the tears from his eyes. He wrapped her in his big strong arms. "I'm so sorry, baby. I'm so, so sorry. None of us saw this coming."

Reece shook her head, burying her face in Matt's shirt.

"It's not your fault, love. It's not something you predict, right?" She backed up, looking over at the casket. "I guess it's pay back for being selfish."

"No, baby, that's not what it was. Jimmy wouldn't have left you. Not like this." Reece covered her mouth with her hand, trying so hard to look away from the love of her life as he was being lowered into the ground. Matt sighed, taking his jacket off and wrapping it around her. "Let's go, sweetie."

The ride home seemed like the longest ride of her life. There was no point in going back. Jimmy wouldn't be there, Owen would be asking about him. It was going to be a disaster. Everyone was going to be there, telling Jimmy stories. Reece didn't know if her heart could take it.

She ran upstairs as soon as she walked into the house. Reece all but ripped that dress off of her before collapsing on the floor next to the bed. Life would never be the same. It has already made a complete change when Jimmy had walked into her life that night at the club, then they got married and had a baby. Her life was finally where she had always wanted it to be. Now it was being snatched away from her. What next?

Reece knew she had to pull herself together. Even if it wasn't for anyone, she had to do it for Owen. He was going to need her, she was going to need him. She couldn't let her life end now, even if it felt like it had.

She got herself up off the floor and pulled on some sweatpants and one of Jimmy's beaters. She started at herself in the mirror for the longest time until she looked down, seeing a folded up sheet of paper. The words 'Death' was written across it and it made her curious. She picked it up, looking it over. It was to Matt and the boys. She had to read it.

Just as she was about to open it, she heard running around the room. Turning around quickly, she saw no one. No one was in the room. Her door was still closed and locked. That was weird. Reece shook her head, opening the shoot of paper. As she put it in font of her face to read, she heard what sounded like paper moving. She moved the sheet of paper.

"Oh, no. That's...that wasn't there." She said, shaking her head, backing away from the bed.

There was another folded sheet of paper on the bed. Reece sat the other sheet of paper down, took in a deep breath, then walked over. She bit her lip, picking up the paper. She took her time opening it, but it didn't take her long to read it.

Dear Reecie,

I'm not really sure how I should start this off. I'm not really sure how to say goodbye. I don't think there is really a to say it. Probably because I never wanted to leave you.

Baby, I knew I'd never make it to thirty. I just couldn't seem to see past a certain age. My life didn't make sense after a while. I just... I knew it was coming. I knew I was nearing the end. I just couldn't tell you. I couldn't tell you that you'd have to live the rest of your life without me, raising Owen alone. I couldn't bring myself to break your heart like that. It would have killed me right then.

Do you remember the night we met? You were so cute and I made a fool out of myself by kissing you when you were only asking for a drink. What about the next time I saw you? Matt and the boys pissed you off and that night I saw you on the beach. I remember. The rest was a blur. I was on an amazin' trip. We got married April 8th, 2005. One of the best days of my life. You looked so beautiful. And then we had Owen James Sullivan. That little boy, he changed my life even more. He made me want to be a better man, and I have to say, I think I did. Until right there at the end. And I'm so sorry.

I'm sorry for all those times I made you cry. For all those times I left you alone to go out and do my thing. I hope one day you can forgive me, but if you don't, I understand. I did some pretty stupid stuff. Never think that this is your fault. Never ever think that. You're are not the one to blame. It was all me.

I can't believe this is the end. I can't believe I'm already gone. I wish I could have had the chance to kiss you one last time, to hold you in my arms and promise to never leave your side. I wish we could go back in time and start everything over. I'd love to just relive all those moments, possibly meet you sooner so I could get more time with you. Six years just wasn't enough. It wasn't enough.

Don't cry over me, Reecie Cup. Be happy I'm not in pain anymore. Be happy that you get to live another day with Owen and the gang. Just be happy. For me and Owen. He's going to need you. So, be strong. Thank you for everything.

I promise to watch over you. I promise to never leave you as long as you are still breathing. I'll be there. When you get married, when you have more children, when you get old. Whatever you may experience, I'll be right by your side. foREVer and ever.

Love,
The one and only, Jimmy! xoxo

P.S. Don't forget me while I'm away!


Reece dropped the letter back onto the bed as someone knocked on the door. Her eyes were overflowing with tears. She knew she probably looked like a fool.

"What?"

"Are you okay, Reecie Pieces?" It was Nekoda. She quickly ran over to the door, swinging it open. "Oh, my god. What's wrong, baby? I mean, I know what's wrong, but... I promise everything will be okay. I'm here."

Reece grabbed Nekoda's hand, pulling her over to the bed. Koda quickly read the little letter, her eyes quickly filling up with tears as she read along. How could he have known is the only question continued to play through her head. Why couldn't he just tell her? Maybe she could have done something to help him. Possibly save him.

Nekoda quickly got Reece's head straight. She let Nekoda pull her downstairs with everyone else. Brian was telling some story about Jimmy, Johnny and Zack filling in the pieces to the story he was missing. Vanna and Corinne were playing with Owen, keeping his mind off of things. Matt, he was sitting alone in a corner. He had a beer in one hand and playing with the necklace Jimmy had given him for Christmas. Reece walked over.

"I think I have something for you." He raised his brow, frowning a little. Reece handed him the sheet of paper with 'Death' written on it. "I found in on my dresser. I'm guessing it's to you and the guys. From Jimmy."

He looked at Reece weird for a minute, the looked down at the paper. He opened it quickly, reading it. Brian walked over, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Yo, Matt," He snatched the paper away from him. "What's this?"

Matt looked up at Reece, tears filling his eyes once again.

"He fuckin' knew." He whispered. "He fuckin' knew he was dying and he didn't fuckin' tell us." He laughed a little, shaking his head. "Did you know? Did he tell you?"

Reece shook her head, a few tears falling. "I found a letter on my bed from him. He knew, he just couldn't tell me. But... Matt, what if there was something I could have done?"

Before she knew it, she was in Matt's arms, crying her eyes out again. She knew Owen was looking at her, asking Corinne and Vanna what was wrong with his mommy, but she couldn't stop herself. She felt so empty, so depressed, so broken. She knew life had to go on. It's what Jimmy wants and it's just the way things have to be. Reece just didn't know what was to come after this. Would her life ever piece back together? Could she live like this for another day?

"Mommy," Owen walked over, tugging on her pants. She moved back from Matt's arms so he could pick Owen up. Reece didn't have the strength to do it. "Mommy, where's daddy? I thought he'd be home by now. He always told me he'd never stay gone long and he's been gone since.." He looked around, then looked serious again. "Since a pretty long time."

Reece looked at Matt. He was staring back at her. The whole room was staring at her.

She sighed, closing her eyes to try to keep the tears back. "Owen, you're daddy isn't coming home. He's... He's just... He's far away."

"But where? He still comes back when leaves."

"Baby, he just can't come back this time."

Owen poked his bottom lip out, kicking Matt to let him down. The little boy looked up at Reece. "Are you making daddy stay gone?!"

"No! Why would I do that?"

"Because he made you mad. You told him to not come back and now he's not."

"Owen.."

"Just shut up!" He screamed, covering his ears like Jimmy did when he was trying to avoid Reece. "I don't ever wanna see you again. I'm movin' out and going to live with daddy! I hate you!"

With that, he ran up the stairs, tripping a little as he did so.

Reece's heart shattered a little more. Everyone was so quiet. No one had anything to say but Matt and Nekoda. They said they'd go talk to Owen, but she knew she needed to. This was just something she had to do. She had to make him understand that she wanted Jimmy here. She was dying without him.

Owen running around his room, throwing his things into a little Disney bag Jimmy had gotten him for Christmas. He was actually going to leave her.

"Owen, we need to talk, baby."

The little boy turned around, his face scrunched up, tears rolling down his face. "I don't have anything to say to you, Mommy. Nothin' at all."

Reece sighed, walking over. She got on the floor on her knees and grabbed his hands. He fought her. He threw himself backwards, kicked her, punched her, but she kept a hold of him. When he finally settled down, she was also crying, looking at a wall.

"Why do you wanna leave me, too, baby? What did I do?"

"You made daddy leave!"

She shook her head, more tears coming. "No, I didn't. Owen, I love your daddy so much. Why in the world would I make him leave?"

"Because he made you mad."

"And?" She sat him up so he was looking at her. "I would have never made your daddy leave. No matter how much we fought, we still loved each other so, so much." Reece shook her head, letting go of Owen's hands. "I wish your daddy was here right now, baby, but he's not. He's not coming back, ever."

"Did he just walk out on us?"

God, he was so smart for his age.

"Of course not. He would have never did that. Ever in a million years. He loved us."

"Then what? Tell me where he is and don't lie to me. Don't go around the truth. Just tell me where my daddy is and why he's not coming back to us." Reece opened her mouth, but nothing came out. Just more tears from her eyes. How could she possibly tell Owen what really happened? "Well? I'm waiting."

She was just going to have to do it.

"Baby, your daddy... He died. He's in heaven looking down on us, wishing he was here."

Owen didn't comprehend what Reece had said at first, but it slowly came to him. He jumped into his mother's arms. He kissed her cheek, trying to make a smile through those tears. Reece smiled weakly at him, kissing his forehead.

Reece knew it was going to be hard, but she was going to try to do what Jimmy asked. Of course, she was never going to forget him, but she has to smile, try to make the best of this. She had to try to piece her world back together when it felt like it couldn't be fixed. She had to stay strong for Owen.

She was going to be alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count: 2644

This part was little rushed, but oh well.
Hope you enjoy.