Status: Comments=love and Cookies.

The Religious Experience

Window

I love Mother. No matter what anyone says, does, or thinks could ever change that. She's always there for me, and she's one of the kindest people I know.

She' s a lot different from Lucy though. Mother has big brown eyes, and long, glossy brown hair. I would look like her, but her face is less mousy and boring. Lucy is nice in a more obvious way. But Mother....she's much more subtle about it.

When I was nine and I broke my arm, she ran to my side and picked me up and took me to the car. She didn't say a word, but she didn't have to. I was shocked at how calm she was, but I was glad she was. It made me calm.

Why are there so many names for a mother? Mom, mommy, mama... Shouldn't their be just one? One formal, respectful name to a mother? But I suppose what you call your mother really defines what you think of her. Mommy, she's the person you love and make macaroni necklaces for. Mom, she's important, but a bit lame or dull. Mama, she's important and a friend. Mother, she's formal or mean.

I think there's just something special about a mother. She loves you unconditionally, and expects little in return.

Mother isn't like that. I do know she loves me, it's just her expectations are high for me. But that's fine. She is my mother. I love her.

Mother has problems. She's depressed. All she does anymore is stare out the window, pray, and swallow blue pills. She always has a dull look in her once bright adventurous eyes. Father is worried about her. Mother insists she's fine but I doubt it. You're not fine if you look out the window for hours on end.

Sometimes I worry she'll end her life. I try too convince myself of how idiotic that sounds. But at the end of the day...I just can't help but to wonder.

Father wonders too, I think. I can tell when she looks out the window and he looks at her. He looks crushed. He sometimes tries to get her to stop looking out the window, but it's always in vain.

Sometimes when I'm reading the Bible or knitting, mother will turn away from the window. She'll turn and look right at me. It scares me.

It scares me more when she says, "You'll be looking out the window too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry nothing happened, just had to get it across that Eden <3's her mommy. I tried to write like Aggy...hope I succeeded!
Thanks:
Farce.
Musical.Chick


<3,
Stumbles