Status: Finished<3

Close Your Eyes

Epilogue: Devon's POV

Dear Eve,

Just to get this across, I really miss you. You were, what, sixteen years old? That’s so young! I mean, sure I’m a bit younger, but not by much (that’s a lie)! You should have just left me there in the street and escaped, lived happily ever after with my brother. Because you know that would have happened if you didn’t die.

I guess in a sense I should thank you for saving me though. Blake hasn’t been staying in his little house in the garage anymore and instead lives for the most part with us. But he doesn’t talk much anymore, except with me. Mom and Dad give him his space because they believe that he’ll get over it at some point but I don’t think he will. You meant a lot to him, even if he didn’t say so or show it very much. If he could have, he would have taken your place of death a thousand-million-billion times before letting you get hit.

We finally met your family, or your Mom really. I can see where you got your eyes from, and your hemophilia. She told us how often you spoke of us and how highly you talked about Blake. He was really embarrassed, let me tell you! It was really funny and I think I would have laughed if we weren’t at your funeral at the time.

Despite your belief that no one really liked you, over one hundred people came to your funeral. Just so you’re aware.

Blake wants to know if you met a boy named Evan in Heaven. Well, he didn’t exactly ask me to ask you that but I’m sure he wants to know. Evan was his best friend, and he also got ran over about four years ago. That was what changed him so drastically. If you met an Evan up there in God’s World, I suggest hanging out with him. He was really cool.

I feel like I’m rambling to you, but there’s just so much I need to say and I can’t get my thoughts straight. I guess I’ll just leave it at that and hope maybe you’ll get this letter. That would be sweet!

Love, Devon

PS: I enclosed a necklace in the envelope for you. It reminded me of you a bunch but it’s my mom’s (so don’t tell her)!


I stood just on the shore of the beach and behind me I heard Blake approach me from the beach house our family rented. He didn’t say anything as he stared at the envelope with Eve’s name written in large letters across it.

“Do you wanna read it?” I asked and Blake shook his head and dug into his pocket to reveal a tiny card. On the front was a picture of him and Eve and the other side read ”I miss you” in neat block letters. He handed it to me and I stuffed the little card into the envelope before sealing it tight.

The two of us hiked up the rocks until we were as high as they would allow. A few times when the wind was especially strong, I nearly slipped off the rocks but Blake caught me every time. We sat down on some of the salty rocks and stared out into the blue sea.

Just as the sea breeze began to blow again, I threw the notes out into the ocean to glide through the wind; hoping that maybe, someday, they would reach her.
♠ ♠ ♠
D'awww THE END! :D

I know it's pretty sad but it had to happen that way. Thoughts? If not before, at least comment now what you think of this please!! I would greatly appreciate that.

Also, if you liked the idea of this story, I'm writting a story now entitled Life is Beautiful that has the same base idea with ((WELL RESEARCHED)) information on Tuberculosis because the main girl has it. It's probably going to be moderately sad, but it's still a romance-y story

If you're looking for a more up-beat story, I'm going to be starting a story called The Love Games about four boys who make it a competition to see who can win over the new girl first. It's going to be mainly a comedy romance sooo yes (:

Thank you to my subscribers and silent readers and commenters!!! <3333 I feel bad that I sorta rushed the ending but I wanted to at least be able to say I finished ONE story ;D haha

~[Mi]Kayla