But That Was When I Ruled The World

Chapter twelve

The newcomer was a man. A handsome man. He looked over the battlefield and gave Recoome, Jeice, Burter and myself a dirty look as he ran over to Gohan.

“Daddy” Gohan called out in his injured state.

Of course. This was Kakarot, Gohan and Krillin mentioned he was coming. I blushed a little; I didn’t think he’d be that handsome. Saiyans weren’t handsome, Raditz was a nice guy but average, Nappa was…old and Vegeta was annoying and moody and that wasn’t attractive.

Kakarot though, he was good looking.

Kakarot gave Gohan some kind of bean that healed Gohan instantly. They exchanged some conversation, and then Kakarot gave beans to Krillin and Vegeta, who were also healed.

Whilst Jeice, Burter and Recoome were discussing Kakarot’s power level I was let go. They were distracted, so I quickly made my way over to Vegeta, Kakarot, Gohan and Krillin.

As I approached the group, Kakarot got into a fighting stance.

“I should have known there would be another Saiyan left that was on their side.” Kakarot angrily said to me.

“Whoa, calm down. I don’t want to fight. I don’t know how to fight.” I said, panic rising in me as I took a few steps back.

“Daddy, don’t worry about her. This is Modesty. She’s on our side. She nearly gave up her life just before you got here to protect mine.” Gohan informed his father.

Kakarot looked at me, and I nodded to confirm what Gohan was saying is true.

“Well, thank you for trying to protect my son. I’m Goku. I guess we’ll save a proper introduction until later, I have a fight to undertake.” Kakarot said to me, before quickly flying towards Recoome.

“So, his name is Goku. I mean, I knew that, but he just confirmed it. Guess I should start calling him by his Earth name then.” I weakly smiled to Gohan and Krillin.

“You are a Saiyan, and as your prince I COMMAND you to uphold your Saiyan pride and refer to him by his Saiyan name.” Vegeta snarled at me.

“You know what, I like the name Goku. Besides, it’s not like you refer to me by anything other than ‘woman’ or ‘girl’ I don’t have a Saiyan name, I don’t have to refer to others by theirs.” I argued with Vegeta.

“Nira.” Vegeta replied calmly.

“What?” I asked, quite confused at this sudden outburst.

“Your Saiyan name is Nira. I will refer to you as Nira, and you will refer to this ‘Goku’ as Kakarot, and me as Vegeta.” Vegeta informed me.

“Nah, no thanks. I’m content with Modesty, Goku and asshole.” I sniggered at Vegeta.

Krillin and Gohan sniggered too, and before Vegeta could angrily reply we were all cut off and we went silent as the fight began.

Recoome was easily defeated. Goku only had to hit him once to knock him out. Everybody seemed impressed, even the remaining members of the Ginyu force. However unfortunately they were impressed but not scared.

“I’m afraid I can’t let you win. See, we need to take back Prince Vegeta and Modesty back to Frieza. If we do so, Frieza may reward us immensely. If I were to be granted the reward in mind, you’d be rewarded too Modesty.” Jeice winked.

“Ew, anything involving me and you is ew.” I replied, scrunching up my face.

“If you’re thinking what I think you’re thinking it won’t happen. Frieza’s experiment was with Nira and Raditz alone. Besides, as her prince I forbid it. Inter species breeding is forbidden with a Saiyan.” Vegeta snarled.

“What are you on about?” I asked Vegeta.

He turned to me, and gave me a glare.

“Ever wondered why you were experimented on? Frieza in the end wanted you and Raditz to mate. He was curious about what would happen should a high ranked and low ranked Saiyan should reproduce. He wanted to do tests and both you and the offspring to find any Saiyan weaknesses, and then wanted to raise your offspring to be a servant.” Vegeta went on to explain.

“I…what? EW. Raditz was a good friend and all, but EW mating? No thanks.” I screamed out, scrunching up my nose.

“Yeah, Modesty seems way too good for Raditz. She has a pure heart.” Goku added on.

“Why would Frieza want Raditz and I to breed just for that purpose? He experiments on me, and had you as a servant. Why did he need more Saiyans if he was the one who blew them all up?” I asked Vegeta.

“The answer is simple. If he could grab a Saiyan warrior of his own from the cradle, he could have one of the most powerful warriors in the universe at his fingertips who has had no outside influence. He tried to make me his servant, grabbing me at five years old. However even that was too late, I had grown attached to my father, my planet and my race. If he grabbed a baby fresh from the womb, he could brain wash it immediately.” Vegeta explained.

I nodded slowly. That made perfect sense. The baby would probably grow to resent Frieza as I did, Frieza did not think of emotions like that. But what Vegeta said Frieza’s state of mind was did make sense.

“Whoa, slow down there Vegeta. I meant Frieza would let me take Modesty on a date, or be her new escort now Zarbon is gone. Let’s slow down there, I think reproducing is a little too far.” Jeice nervously said, scratching his head.

“Goku, can you defeat these guys already, they’re annoying me.” I coldly stated, already sick of Jeice’s advances.

“Alright. Just for you, and everyone else in the universe.” Goku winked just before powering up.