But That Was When I Ruled The World

Chapter fourteen

It seemed we had been flying around forever, but Bulma was nowhere to be found. She had really come quite far, as we were following her tire marks. But no matter how far we went, they just kept on going and going.

We knew we were close though when we heard a woman’s shrieks that could only be Bulma. We looked on and saw the situation wasn’t good.

Bulma was in the air being flown away by a flying dinosaur, with many other hungry dinosaurs below.

“It looks like the flying one is going to drop Bulma to feed its friends. We should all get rid of the dinosaurs below and then the flying one.” Gohan planned.

We all agreed, and without warning we began to beat up the dinosaurs. It was no struggle for me; I guess I was stronger than I thought. My training had me fight large animals before, but no martial artists, which is why the thought of fighting the Ginyu force terrified me, but fighting a large dinosaur was fine.

Gohan was right, the flying dinosaur dropped Bulma.

Falling from the air didn’t shock Bulma, and us saving her didn’t make her less angry as she began to yell at us instantly.

She shouted at us for leaving her alone, saying we had been avoiding her. Fair call I guess, she had been left on a strange planet alone. I had been following people around to avoid that, something she couldn’t do. But we couldn’t bring her along; she’d only end up getting hurt. She also got angry we didn’t have the dragon balls yet.

We then took the dragon radar off her, promising to collect all the dragon balls. Just as we were about to leave, Gohan told Bulma that Goku had arrived to comfort her. As we were leaving, I heard her let out a girlie sigh.

“Is she in love with every man she comes across?” I sniggered.

“No, she doesn’t love Goku. He’s just a familiar face, and she sees him as family really. He grew up around her, she feels…positive when he’s mentioned. If that makes sense.” Krillin explained.

I nodded my head, not really knowing how to reply.

We sped off to the ship as quickly as we were able to, as we now knew our destination. All the dragon balls were at Frieza’s ship and we knew exactly where they were.

We eventually landed at the ship, and noticed that the dragon balls were not inside the ship. We were outside, and the dragon balls were apparently right where we were standing.

Gohan and Krillin then began to immediately dig below us. I shrugged my shoulders and joined them digging, how could I not realise they were below us?

We recovered them easily and bought all the dragon balls to surface.

“So how do these things work anyway?” I asked Krillin and Gohan, cocking up an eyebrow.

“Easy. You call on the eternal dragon, and then when the dragon arises you state your wish. It looks really scary when the dragon arises, but it’s an easy process.” Krillin replied.

“O…kay. I’m going to stand back, because uh, I admit I’m a little scared.” I nervously grinned.

“Don’t worry Miss Modesty! I’ve never been present at the summoning of the dragon. We can support each other!” Gohan beamed, and then grabbed a hold of my hand.

Aww this kid is SO adorable!

Krillin then called upon the dragon trying to summon it. Nothing changed, the weather was the same and the dragon balls did not change shape at all. Krillin tried a few times again, but we just ended up with the same result.

“Didn’t Guru say a password was needed for this set of dragon balls?” Gohan asked.

“That’s right he did.” Krillin agreed.

Before discussion could be had about this dilemma, we felt two big powerful forces approaching us.

“It’s…Ginyu and Jeice. We should hide.” I planned, and no one replied as we all dived behind a rock.

However, it turned out I was wrong. Whilst Jeice was one of the people who landed, the second person was not Ginyu but was Goku, the guy on our side. What the hell?! Why is he with Jeice? Did he have him captured, or what?

Krillin jumped out of the rock, feeling safe after seeing a familiar face.

“Goku! Why are you with Jeice? Did he tell you the password to the dragon balls?” Krillin asked Goku.

“KRILLIN WAIT! COME BACK! THAT ISN’T MY DAD.” Gohan yelled out at Krillin.

I looked in between Gohan and “Goku” of course that was Goku! Who else would it be?

However, I could quickly see that Gohan was right. I hadn’t known Goku for long, but he reeked of being pure. Not only could I smell it on him, but his actions proved it too. He hated killing, and bitched out Vegeta for killing Recoome and Burter. He also had the most pure innocent looks I had ever seen.

But the look that was on “Goku’s” face was anything but pure. He had the most evil smirk I had ever seen, and the eyes of a killer.

Suddenly, “Goku” hit Krillin, his meant to be childhood friend at the back of the head, knocking him to the ground.

Gohan was right, there was no way this man was Goku. If he isn’t Goku and he’s with Jeice he must be…Captain Ginyu.