Two High IQ's Make One Great Romance

Best Friend

My best friend bounced into my apartment door and threw her bags down on my couch.

"This place is awesome! I can't believe how cheap your rent is!" She said as she ran from room to room to inspect the place.

"My aunt owning the building in a perk." I shrugged as I tossed my purse down on my kitchen table.

"Your life is so fabulous. Living in this great apartment... working with the FBI... tell me something to make me not so jealous anymore." Brianne landed with a loud thud onto my couch where she flipped on the TV and started channel surfing.

"Well I just started dating a guy who decided to up and leave because he was kidnapped by a murderer."

Brianna set down the remote and stared at me. I sat down in a leather chair next to her and smiled awkwardly.

"Explain."

"I was dating this guy Spencer... we work together. We were getting along really well and I thought we could become more than what we were... but then he was kidnapped by a serial killer and it shook him up. So he took a few weeks off work and went home for a while. No ones really sure when he'll be back." I shrugged at her again and she looked at me with an open mouth.

"So that's what working for the FBI entails?" She leaned her elbows on her knees.

"Well not usually. It's pretty rare that an agent gets kidnapped. Although it's happened to Spencer twice... but that's not the point."

"Wow. I can't believe that he got kidnapped. How serious were you guys?"

"Not too serious. We had been on a few dates. I just... you know how I am with guys, I never let myself fall for them. But he was different. I felt completely comfortable around him and we just seemed to automatically click."

"Is he your usual type?" She asked. I laughed as I thought about the men I casually dated in college. Usually athletes, short and stalky, packed with arrogance.

"No, not at all. He's actually really, outrageously nerdy."

"I want to meet him."

"Good luck, he's in Vegas."
She huffed and sat back on the couch again. Brianne opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by my phone ringing. I rolled my eyes and snatched it from my kitchen table.

"Hi Derek."

"Hey sweets, we're going out for a drink, are you in?" I heard the laughter of Emily and Penelope in the background. Brianne furrowed her brows in suspicion.

"Do you want to go out?" I mouthed to her. She nodded violently.

"Sure. Do you mind if I bring someone?" I went back to speaking to Derek.

"Of course not. We're at Jake's. See you soon." He hung up. I set my phone down and glanced at my reflection in my toaster.

"Ugh, I look like hell." I said to her.

"Well get ready. Who are we meeting up with anyway?" she asked as she walked into the bathroom to check her own appearance.

"Some friends from work. They're good people."

We both got ready as quickly as possible. It was nice to get out to a bar, my brain had been so cluttered with stresses lately that a few drinks seemed necessary.

"Are you sure you're ok? I've been watching you the entire time we've been together; you just seem kind of off." Brianna said as we got into my car. My eyes quickly focused on her and then went back to the road in front of me.

"I'm fine. You'll fit in well with my friends, they're profilers." I joked. Her hand rubbed my shoulder comfortingly.

We talked about my home town until we arrived at the bar.

"Hey little girl." Derek hugged me once we walked in.

"Hi Derek. This is Brianne. She's in from Vegas to spend the week. Brianne this is Derek, Penelope and Emily." I pointed to each team members. Brianne shook hands with everyone.

"You guys are all FBI agents?" She asked. They all nodded and showed their badges. "Piper do you have one of those?"

"Of course I do." I said before jogging over to the bar to her a drink. I came back with two beers and handed one to Brianne.

"So this Spencer character.... What happened to him?" Brianne said before taking a sip of her drink. Emily and Penelope looked at each other. I immediately felt embarrassed for having told Brianna this information about him.

"He'll be fine. Let's just say that." Emily said. Thank god for her way of dancing around topics.

"You guys know each other long?" Derek said, pointing to the two of us. We nodded in unison and giggled

"Close to eleven years I think? We met in middle school. Brianne's really the only person who wasn't trying to be my friend because of my Dad's money. Although I mean... she just took his private plane here so maybe I was wrong." I received a swift punch in the shoulder for that comment. I laughed at her from behind my beer bottle.

"That's really nice, that you guys have been friends for so long. I can't even remember half of the people from my high school." Emily said.

"Yeah well, when you only really have a few friends, you tend to cling to the ones that mean the most." I said. Brianne uttered an 'aww' before running off and getting more drinks.

"How much did you tell her about Reid?" Emily asked. My cheeks blushed and I immediately felt like I was being scolded.

"Not much. I didn't think I was breaking any rules or anything."

"Well technically no, but some things that happen in the BAU stay in the BAU."

"Sorry, but she's the only person I have that I don't work with. I need to get some stuff off of my chest." Luckily Brianne returned after my statement and made the table go quiet.

"Ever get that feeling like people were just talking about you?" She joked, making all of us crack up.

"Don't worry about a thing darlin', we're just generally sneaky people." Penelope said as she tossed Brianne's hair.

The rest of the night was one of the best I'd had since I'd moved, other than the nights with Spencer. The group made it easy to forget about recent events.

"I'll see you on Monday sweetness." Derek said. He kissed the top of my head like usual and got into his car.

Everyone went their separate ways, leaving Brianne and I alone at the bar.

"Should we keep drinking, or go home?" I asked her. She winked at me and handed me a bottle.

"Let's walk home tonight, come back for the car tomorrow."

We stumbled home that night. I wasn't used to drinking as much as I did, leave it to Brianne to get me hammered.

"Want to have sex tonight?" She drunkenly asked me.

"With you?" I asked between laughs.

"No, unless you want to." She winked, "I meant with someone else."

"That's ridiculous." I shook my head and searched my pockets for my apartment keys.

"How is it? I mean... that Derek Morgan is pretty smokin hot."

"Well you can take your chances with him, but I'm fine."

We stopped talking so I could open the door and we could somehow make it into my home.

"Call Spencer up, see if he's interested." She said while I was in the bathroom.

"He's in Vegas! Or else I'd think about it." I joked.

I stepped out of the bathroom to see Brianne with my phone to her ear. "Who are you.." I began but she started speaking before I could finish.

"Hi Spencer! This is Piper's best friend Brianne, and we're both really drunk right now and talking about having some people over, and she really wants you here."

My eyes were as wide as saucers as her words sunk in to my intoxicated brain. I lept onto the bed and struggled with her to get the phone from her hands.

"No, Piper's right here. She's been talking about you all night."

"That's not true!" I shouted, hoping Spencer could hear me on his end. I gave up the fight with Brianne, realizing that I was too drunk to wrestle her any longer.

"I mean, if you're as cute as she makes you out to be, I'd want you to come over too. Piper's nervous that you're going to reject her because you left her a few days ago."
I punched her roughly in the shoulder, causing the phone to drop from her hand. Swiftly, I grabbed it and ran to the bathroom where I locked the door and sat on the tiled floor. There was no noise coming from the phone.

"Hello? Spencer?" I asked nervously.

"Hi Piper. How are you doing?" Spencer asked. He sounded very serious.

"I'm so sorry Brianne called, I didn't know that she was. We've been drinking... she's a little out of control." I fumbled with my words.

"Don't be sorry. It's fine. It's nice to hear from you, although I may have preferred if you called when you weren't drunk."

"I'm sorry." I blushed. I was nervous even though he couldn't even see me.

"Don't be sorry! I understand that you guys have maybe had a bit too much to drink." He laughed on the other end. I sighed, realizing that he really wasn't upset with me.

"Listen, I'd love to talk to you more, but I'm really tired, and I feel terrible about calling you like this."

"I'll call you tomorrow. Is that ok?"

"That'd be great."
He hung up without saying good bye. I clicked my phone shut and angrily tossed it on the floor. I thought about sleeping in the bathroom and not bothering to get into my bed with Brianne, but I sighed and reminded myself that I was only angry because I was drunk.

She was sleeping soundly when I walked from the bathroom. I roughly moved her body to one side of the bed so I could crawl in the other side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bar Night Outfit

sooo this chapter is kind of short, but i hope you like it anyway. thanks for reading =D and commenting! I <3 all comments