Two High IQ's Make One Great Romance

Nurse

"You're sure?"

"Yes. Get out." I put my hands up and pushed my father off of my hospital bed.

"Alright, if you say so. But I'm calling the nurses station every hour, you can count on it."

"It's fine Dad, I'll be fine. I'm doing fine. Every thing's fine."

"Fine, eh?"

We laughed at each other. "Yes, now please go. Call the nurses all you want."

"Ok. I'll be back bright and early." He kissed my forehead and hugged me gently, careful not to squeeze my ribs too tightly.

"Love you."

"Love you too."

He looked back at me a few times before finally leaving. I sighed and set my head back on my pillows. I hadn't been alone for days, it was nice to have some silence. I started reading the book that Brianne had brought for me.

After about five chapters, a knock came to my door.
"Piper, there's a young man out here. He's been in the waiting room for about three hours now. Should I tell him to come in?" A nurse asked. I set my book down.

"Does he look familiar?"

"He was in here early today, but he came back a couple hours after he left and has just been sitting in the waiting room." She shrugged.

"Umm, sure, tell him to come in." I knew it was Spencer, who else would it be?
The nurse nodded and shut the door, only for the door to be opened again seconds later.

"Hey." He said with shame in his voice.

"Why didn't you come in earlier?"

"Your Dad was here, and when I saw him leave I figured that you'd want some alone time. And then I just got scared." He laughed nervously. I smiled at him and patted the spot next to me, telling him to take a seat.

"When do you think everything will be ok between us?" I asked so quietly I wasn't even sure that he heard me.

"I don't know..." He rubbed his arms up and down. "I want them to be ok right now. I don't know anything about relationships. I can't even use a statistic at this point." He shrugged. I smiled at his statement. Only Spencer.

"There is no statistic to explain what's going on between us. I want everything to be ok too, but I don't know that us wanting everything to be ok makes anything ok at all."
There was a long silence. We both knew what the other was thinking, 'Screw this, let's just be fine right now,' but that's not how things worked. There was a serious riff between us.

"You're getting out soon." Spencer said. I looked at him, questioningly.

"Yeah. How'd you know?"

"Your Dad left for the night. He wouldn't leave unless he knew you were fine, and in order to be fine you'd have to be signed for a release in the near future."

I laughed at him, but immediately stopped because it hurt my lungs, ribs, and face. "Ow, ow, ow." I said and hugged my chest.

"Oh, geez, are you ok?" He stood up and leaned over me, hesitant to touch me.

"Yeah." I winced. "It's just something I have to get used to."

"It's not forever."

"Feels like it. Ever had a punctured lung?"
Spencer laughed at me this time. "No, can't say that I have." He paused. "Is your Dad staying with you when you get out?"

"No, he has to go back to work soon. I'm apparently moving into a new house with a live-in nurse for a few weeks." I rolled my eyes at the thought.

"That's absurd. Why don't you just stay with me? I can take some time off and take care of you. I know how you hate strangers in your home." He smiled at me. Did he mean it? He would take care of me? I wasn't sure how I felt about that. Part of me thought that it was the best idea, but another part of me thought that it was crazy.

"I couldn't ask you to do that. Besides, the team's going to need at least one of us."

"We can work from my house. We'll set something up in my library similar to the computer network at the BAU, and I can help the team from there. I've done cases from Quantico before. When I was shot, I told you about that."

"Yeah, but... I don't know. It seems a little strange to be moving in with you right after all this happened." I motioned to my body in it's current state.

"No, no, it'll be perfect! I'm a good nurse, I promise." He smiled at me. "Besides, you love my house."

"That is true, I guess." I paused and looked at the eager smile that spread across his lips. "Ok, you've won me over."

"It'll be great!" Spencer was outrageously excited for this, I suspected it was because he was glad that we were on good terms again.

"If you're sure..."

"I'm sure. I'll go call Hotch right now and ask him to get some people over to set everything up. You should call your Dad and tell him to get some things over to my house. Oh, and make sure you're not scheduled to receive an at-home nurse." He stood up and headed for the door.

"Hey, wait a minute." I lifted my arm out for him. Spencer jogged back to my bed and sat back down with the smile wiped off his face. My eyes lingered on his lips and then back to his eyes, pleading silently for him to get the hint. His lips met mine gently and lovingly. I sighed, this was what it felt like to be in love. I feared that the jumping in my stomach would interfere with my ribcage.

"Thanks." I breathed when he pulled back.

"I'll be back tomorrow morning."

XXXXXX

We were driving over to Spencer's house, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. My Dad kept looking at me instead of the road.

"Will you watch where you're going please?" I joked.

"Sorry, sorry. I just hope that this is a good idea."

"Well if it isn't I guess we'll find out."

"I know that you think you love this boy and everything, but I don't even know him. I'm not comfortable with you living with this strange kid."

"Are you forgetting that he saved my life? The fact that he's my boyfriend? Or the fact that this is only temporary?" I reasoned. He shrugged.

"I'm your Dad, I worry." He pulled up outside of Spencer's brick house. Spencer was waiting on his staircase, alongside Derek. They looked tense together. I wasn't expecting Derek to be here.

He approached the car and opened the door for me, placing his hands underneath me and lifting me from the seat.

"Mr. Aigen, if you'd like to get the wheelchair from the trunk." Derek said to my Dad.

"You don't have to carry me." I rolled my eyes.

"And just how are you supposed to get up those stairs?" He smiled.

"Hopping." I shrugged. He brought me up the stairs and into a room that surprised me. A queen sized bed was in the middle of the room, the screen from Spencer's movie room was in front of the bed instead of his usual small television. A mini-refrigerator sat close to the bed, along with a packed bookshelf.

"What is this?" I asked as Derek set me down on the bed and tossed me a remote.

"I thought you'd be more comfortable with all of this. I know you can't go up the stairs so we made a bedroom down here for you." Spencer walked in with a smile.

"That's really sweet, but I don't need all of this. I would have been fine with the couch."

"We wouldn't have." Derek replied for the both of them. My eyes darted between the two men, both with light smiles on their faces.

"Are you two okay now?" I asked. The smiles disappeared. There wasn't a response. "Ok." I answered myself.

"The system is set up well." My dad said as he walked from Spencer's library with his hands on his hips.

"I didn't know Pipler could be set up in homes." Spencer said.

"Kid, I invented the system. If I want to put in in a house I will. Besides, this is my little girl we're talking about. Nothing but the safest for her. This house is more break-in proof than Azkaban." He patted Spencer on the back.

"Wow, what a comparison." I laughed. "Ow." I clutched my ribs again. All three men took a step towards me. "Easy tigers." I put up my hands. "Ribs are intact. Kind of."

The three of them took a relaxed breath. I realized then that this was the first time the three men who cared about me the most were in a room together. Three people who I loved more than the world.

"You guys are too much." I sat back on the bed and put my feet up. "Can I get a pillow for my ankle?" I asked. At once, three hands darted out to get a small pillow to prop my foot up.

"Alright, that's it. Out. Everyone who doesn't live here has to leave. I cannot be waited on like this."

Derek kissed my forehead and rubbed my shoulders. "I'll call later tonight. I think we're leaving tomorrow for a case, it's kind of up to Hotch at this point. Love you girlie."

"Love you too." I smiled. I could see Spencer practically shaking with rage behind Derek. Luckily, Derek exited.

"You can't get me to leave that easily. I'm taking a look around." My Dad said before leaving the room and heading in another direction.

"You had to tell Derek you loved him?" Spencer asked as he approached me.

"Well I do, I'm sorry. I love him like a brother."

"It doesn't sit well with me."

"It doesn't have to. Please, do not worry about this. We've had this talk time and time again." I patted his stomach. I moved over on the bed and let Spencer sit next to me.

"I know. But for my sake, could you not say that while I'm around?"

"I'll try." We were quiet as I turned on the television, only to be blown away when I saw the picture. "Geez, my brain might melt." I rubbed my eyes and blinked a few times before I was able to look at the giant screen again.

"It doesn't get much use." Spencer said solemnly. I could tell that he was thinking deeply about something.

"Spencer, if you don't want me staying here, just say so. It's not problem just to go to my new house." I turned myself to look at him.

"No, it's not that. It's not that at all. I'm so happy that you're staying here. I'd rather you be here than with some strange nurse that no ones ever met. But.." He strayed away from words.

"What?"

"I'm hoping you won't start to think of me differently." He admitted. My mouth opened and an admiring expression spread across my face. My hand cupped his cheek, forcing him to look me in the eye.

"I won't. I promise. Maybe this will bring us even closer together."
He kissed me quickly, but we were soon interrupted by my fathers loud cough.

"Is everything ok in the house?" I asked him, blushing. He took a seat on the foot of the bed.

"Every thing's good. I was just checking to make sure the wiring was completely correct. You can never be too careful..."

"Dad, you can leave now." I smiled at him. He smiled too.

"Only because I know you're getting sick of me. I love you." He kissed my forehead.

"Love you too. Now get out."
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading! and thanks for all the comments! I'm so glad people like this story. and I'm SO SORRY that i haven't been able to respond to people's comments, but I've been so busy with school lately that I barely have time for anything, so thanks to everyone who left a comment =]