Two High IQ's Make One Great Romance

Vegas Chinese

The next few weeks flew by quickly, considering the fact that we were swamped with cases and barely had time to ourselves. I dove back into my dance classes, getting support from the other teachers and all of the students. The girls had clearly missed me and while they enjoyed learning from their substitute, they all told me that they were thrilled that I was back. It was nice to get back into the studio and start dancing and working on choreography once more.

Of course Spencer and I were spending as much time as possible together, and that involved staying at one another's houses. A few days after Derek had mentioned us having sex, he hinted at the idea of us moving into together. Spencer gave it some serious thought but I waved the comment off, thinking about the fact that we had not even been together a year yet, and my father always told me that rushing into moving in was what caused breaks in most relationships. Spencer assured me we were different, but it didn't make me feel any better.

It was getting closer to Spencer's birthday and I needed my father's help in getting him a present. It was likely going to involve some money, and there were multiple parts to it, in tradition Piper style. I never liked to give just one gift, I felt like it never fully satisfied me.

"Of course I'll help you out with the gift baby." My Father said, obviously distracted with his work. "Just email me the information and I'll see what I can do about it. I'm a little busy right now so I'll have to talk to you later."

"That's fine Dad. Love you."

"Love you too sweetie."

I was painting my nails with the phone on speaker, which I quickly turned off with one of my toes so I would not smudge the paint. Spencer walked in the door, holding take-out for the night and fumbling around with the many things he was holding in his hands which included his phone, keys, our food, and his glasses.

"Spence you are the worst person to be balancing so much stuff." I said, taking some of the things from his hands.

"I know, I know, but it didn't seem logical to make two trips to the car when I could just carry everything and risk dropping my keys."

I laughed at his odd way of thinking and began picking at the Chinese food he had retrieved for us. "I'll say this about DC.." I began speaking, chewing my food, "there is some great Chinese food here."

"Vegas has amazing Chinese food!" Spencer retorted, defending our home town.

"True, but not like this. I mean, taste this orange chicken." I took a piece with my fingers and fed it to him, allowing my fingers to linger on his lips.

He chewed and furrowed his brows. "Its not Vegas Chinese, but it is pretty good." I wrapped my hands around his waist and pulled him tight, giggling into his chest.

"You know, you're a Vegas die-hard, but you haven't been home in nearly a year."

"How would you know that?" He said, wrapping his arms around my shoulders and pulling my face even closer.

"Well not only do you tell me everything, but maybe I've tapped into your credit card records for the past... I don't know... five or so years."

He was silent, thinking about the possibility of that being true.

"I'm kidding." I said, he breathed a sigh of relief. One his hands ran through my hair.

"I'm amazed at some of the things you do, and I wouldn't be too surprised if that was one of them." He kissed my head and unwrapped me, walking over to the rest of our food and making himself a plate.

"How would you feel about visiting Vegas for your birthday?" I asked him, making myself a plate. Spencer began shaking his head.

"No, no, no. I don't want to make a big deal out of my birthday. I don't want to do anything except maybe have a nice dinner with you."

"We can have a nice dinner in Vegas. Think about it... a nice romantic hotel room... the city we both grew up in. You can visit your mom too." I added the icing on the cake with the last line. He stopped piling food on his plate and looked at me.

"You've already arranged this, haven't you?"

"I haven't arranged anything. I'm just throwing ideas out there. If you're really against it then I'll think of something else to do, but either way, we're doing something."

Spencer let one side of his mouth curl into a smile that meant he would consider the idea.

"I'll think about it." He finished getting his food and settled himself at my dining room table.

I got my food and joined an already eating Spencer.
"How was teaching today?" He asked with a mouthful.

"Good. All of the classes loved the new routines I came up with and Maria said that the time off had really given me some creative movements. I guess not dancing for all that time gave me room to develop my thoughts."

"That makes sense. It must have been something you thought about for the entire time that your leg was broken. I know that when I was shot in the leg all I could think about was the mechanics of what was involved with movement of the knee."

I stopped eating and looked at him with wide eyes. "That would be something that you would think about." I took another bite of food. "How are your piano lessons going?"

Spencer had recently had an experience with a piano that had moved him to the point of pursuing playing it. He didn't need a teacher, just a few mathematical equations and a few books to read about the piano. He was already a decent player after only had played around six or seven times. It amazed me that he really could learn at such an accelerated rate.

"Good! I never knew that I had such a love for playing an instrument. I never got the opportunity to play in school because I went through both high school and college so quickly. But now that I have the time to sit and focus on playing, I've discovered that it's really something I'm interested in."

He had been renting some studio time in a local music store that provided him with a piano and private room. Spencer never really seemed like the musical type, considering he was obsessed with math and science, but once he put his mind to something, there was absolutely no way to stop him.

"Maybe you should pursue a career in music." I winked. He laughed.

"Good one."

We kept conversing until our dinner was gone, both of us feeling bloated from eating much too much Chinese food. Throughout the entire meal Spencer insisted that the Chinese food in Vegas was much better, but nevertheless he practically licked the containers clean. I couldn't help but laugh at the little tummy he had created with all of the food he consumed.

He patted his stomach while moaning. "I haven't eaten that much in a long time. I honestly can't even remember if I ate on the case. It goes by so quickly that I never feel like I have time for myself." He leaned back on the couch and closed his eyes.

"You're so stressed with work." I said, just making an observation. Everyone at the BAU was stressed, and we all knew it.

"So are you."

"I suppose it comes with the job." I shrugged, trying not to think about how many terrible images and people that I had to deal with on a day to day basis.

Eventually we got too tired to move from the couch and ended up falling asleep in front of my television.

I woke up not on the couch, but on my bed. I yawned and automatically rolled over and tucked myself under Spencer's arm, snuggling into his warm chest. His hand gently ran through my hair and I smiled, loving the somewhat morning routine we had going.

"Morning." I said with the sleep still strong in my voice.

"Morning." He responded in the same groggy tone.

"You moved us." I said.

"You were moaning and looked uncomfortable."

"I remember no such thing." I rolled over to look at the clock and remembered that we did not have a case today, and could spend all day in bed if we wanted. Spencer's eyes looked eager as he saw the look in my eye.

"Let's stay in bed all day." I suggested, smiling sleepily. He took me in closer and snuggled into my hair, smelling me.

"I was hoping you'd say that."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this one is short! but- at least I did not post it so terribly late. thanks to everyone who commented! thanks for reading everyone! the next chapter (sneak preview) will include Spencer's birthday =]