Zombie 2.0 1/2

Sack.

The sun had set. It was casting a red glow from all the fire that burning. Deci Valo looked out the window of the 69 charger, black, red racing stripe. She sighed at the sight. It was hideous. Almost as hideous as Dean’s face as he slept in the passenger side of the car while Rev drove.

Banana looked over at Deci and frowned. “Sack.”

“You know, that doesn’t work when we’re facing the end of the world. It doesn’t count.”

“Yes, it does. You know why? Because the other day I tried sacking a zombie. You know what he said to me?”

“Uhhhhhh?” She asked.

“No, he said… well he didn’t say, but he tried to munch on me. As if I were a snack.”

“That’s funny, I thought the old folklore was that zombies wanted brains… why was he after you then?” Rev said from the front seat.

They had to keep humor alive, other wise they would go crazy and Banana was the first that would most likely snap and kill her own friends.

“So where are we headed?” Banana asked.

“Well, remember how everyone was like ‘zombies aren’t real so we don’t need a zombie plan?’, I kinda over looked that.” Rev said. “They say in the movies that mountains are cold and-”

“Wait.. .they say in the movies mountains are cold? Wait… Are you serious?”

“I meant, they say in the movies zombies don’t like cold… so we should go there. I know mountains are really cold. I have been to one. I swear.” Rev said.

Dean woke up and yelled “It wasn’t me!”

“What?” Banana and Deci asked.

“I…what? I was having a bad dream.”

“Yeah right, you cut one back about three miles ago, your protests are a little delayed.” Rev said.

“I almost threw up. It was bad. If it wasn’t for me facing the meat sacks outside, sack by the way Banana, I would have bailed out of here.” Deci said.

“I think they were lying. That never really happened.” Banana said as she passed Dean a piece of folded paper. Which in turn he opened and burst out laughing.

“HA! I was right. I did nothing.” Dean grinned and passed the paper to the Rev who also burst out laughing.

Deci by now was very curious as to what the note says and ripped it right out of the Revs hand and was gob smacked by what was on it.

‘SACK!’ in big letters were printed in the middle and she punched Banana in the arm really hard.

“Ow!” Banana wailed as she cried so hard from the pain.

Deci rolled her eyes. “Sissy.”

They had been on the road for what seemed like days and finally decided it was time to re stock in their supplies and that included gas. The car was very thirsty.

“Now, I know I let you drive for a little while, while I got some shut eye, but I’ll have to kill you if you try to drive my car again. Unless I say it’s okay.” Dean said to the Rev as they pulled in to a gas station.

“Oh man, I didn’t even get to run over some zombies.” Rev said with a pouty face.

“You will. When I say you can. For now let’s just do this.”

They all piled out of the car. They had a few rules to stay alive. Rule number one was to never go anywhere alone. You always needed a partner. Other wise you could end up a sandwich.

“I’ll go with Banana,” Dean said, “And Rev, you and the other one go the other way. We will look for guns and ammo, you guys get gas.”

“You had no problem with gas earlier.” Rev said smiling his evil grin.

“Okay, for that you can’t drive the car. Ever.”

“God damnit.” He swore. “Now I’ll never unlock that achievement of running over a zombie with someone else’s car.”

Deci laughed. “Alright, then what?”

“Then we will all meet back in the store and get some food. Then we will all haul ass. To… the mountain?”

“Yeah the mountain seems like a good idea. I liked the cold even before the zombies took over.” Banana said.

“That’s because people with no soul don’t feel cold.” Rev said.

Dean started to walk around the corner and froze. “Holy shit.” he said.

“What?!” everyone was concerned and ran over to him, Rev holding an axe high above his head and Banana with a 45 and Deci with a baseball bat. They all had guns, but chose to only use them when they had to. It drew attention.

“What the fuck, I don’t see anything?”

“You can’t see that?” Dean said pointing over near the front door. “Look it’s right there. RIGHT THERE!”

“Oh, I see it.” Banana said.

“You do?” he asked seeming confused.

“Yes… wait, what are YOU looking at?”

“Sack.” Dean said and smiled big.

“GOD DAMNIT I HATE YOU ALL!” Rev yelled. “Come on 12th month of the year, we’re gonna go get gas.” He grabbed Deci’s hand and they stalked off.

“So, what WERE you looking at?” Dean asked.

Banana pointed to the sign hanging from the canopy. “Pie.” She then began to walk off to the station.

Deans face lit up with joy and almost plowed Banana over to get to the pie.

As soon as they opened the door they were met with a horrendous smell and flies. Lots of them.

“Good God, who died?” Dean asked.

Banana gave him a look. “The real question here is, who didn’t die?”

“Nice.” Dean said as he knuckle bumped Banana.

“Okay now, were you serious about getting that pie? Cause its probably all-” Banana was cut off by Dean yelling.

“DON’T RUIN THE MOMENT! THERE COULD BE A LONELY GOOD PIE IN THERE AND WE HAVE TO RESCUE IT!” Dean shouted in all seriousness.

Banana just rolled her eyes. “Fine. I’m gonna see about the dead bodies laying around. Who knows? There might be some guns or ammo on them.” Even though Dean had already walked off to go find a nonexistent pie.