Zombie 2.0 1/2

Zombies are a buzz kill.

“-and it was sooo horrible!” Rev exclaimed.

“Yeah dude, I know what you mean. I could never go that long without a beer. I mean, before Pilot came along there was no before for me either.” Norman said.

Deci giggled drunkenly. The conversation was pointless but enjoyable since they were being so dramatic about it. They all took a collective sip of their alcohol and smiled trying to think of something also to talk about.

“So… sack!” Deci yelled.

“Dammit!” Rev yelled back.

“Huh?” Norman and the other guy asked.

“Sack! And by the way, I lost the game.” Deci said again.

“Stop sacking us!”

“What is sack?!” Noman asked again.

“Sack is sack. Its better then the old game.” Deci answered.

“Dammit, I lost the game.” Rev said having a delayed reaction.

“I don’t understand…” Norman said.

“Basically all you do is get clever and find awesome ways to yell sack at each other.” Rev said drinking the rest of his beer. “Dudes… We need…”

“No need to say my friend. I know just what we need.” Norman said before leaving the room.

“Hm…” Deci hummed. “So… other guy. What is your name?”

“Its Ivan ma’am.”

“Ivan?” Rev asked.

“You don’t sound Russian to me..” Deci said skeptically.

“I’m not. My parents sorta, um, had a Russian fetish.”

Just then Norman came back with not only more beer but hard liquor to. He had acai berry Smirnoff. Deci almost jumped out of her seat for the Smirnoff.

“Like oh my God! Is that what I think it is?!” Deci half shouted.

Just then Banana and Dean walked through the door. “Dear God. Did you just sound like a peppy school girl Deci?”

Deci giggled. “No….”

Banana rolled her eyes. “Whatever.” She walked over to the couch and laid down on it leaving Dean no where to sit.

“Why’s Banana grumpy?” Deci asked taking another drink.

“She got woken up from her nap.” Dean said looking around and finally finding a place to sit. He sat down next to Ivan and Norman who were trying to convince Rev to play beer pong.

“I have not won beer pong ever in my life!” Rev protested.

“That doesn’t matter! Anything could happen man!” Ivan said leaning forward. “Zombies are real, why can’t you be. Beer. Pong. Master.”

“Because. I’m. Not. That. Good.” Rev said.

Pilot came back in a few moments later and made himself comfy in the chair in the corner. No one sat there, it was his chair and they could tell just by looking at it.

“So, how is rush hour going?” Ivan asked him.

“It’s really not that busy. There are a few out there but I don’t think it’s anything to worry about right now.”

“Well that’s a relief.” Rev said.

Banana was snoring again over in the corner and Pilot looked over at her.

“She can sleep any where can’t she?” he asked.

“Yeah, what gives you that idea?” Deci asked half drunk leaning on Rev for support. He was leaning on her too. They both looked like if they had to stand up they wouldn’t be in standing position that long.

“I am a marine sweetheart. I know how to read people, and right now she’s sleeping in the middle of a bunch of strangers during what is known as the end of the world. Which means she comfortable enough to sleep here, which means, she is most likely able to take a nap anywhere.”

“Huh, that is interesting. That fits her perfectly.” Deci said musing over her now empty bottles of booze.

“So what kind of person am I?” Rev asked trying to stand up but stumbled. He grabbed a hold of Deci’s shoulder. This of course wasn’t amongst his brightest of ideas. Deci was also unstable due to alcohol levels as well and when Rev grabbed a hold of her they both went toppling over backwards.

“Oof!” Deci yelled as Rev landed on her.

Everyone in the room looked over and Rev held up his hand which contained a beer bottle.

“I DIDN’T SPILL ANY!” He yelled triumphantly.

They all burst out into laughter.

“So can I drive the bird?” Rev asked to Pilot as he approached him wobbly.

“I don’t think that’d be a real good idea, son.” Pilot said.

Rev was trying hard to convince Pilot when suddenly an alarm went off.

“What is that?” Banana shot up from the couch.

“That it letting us know that there are zombies afoot.” Pilot said standing up.

“So what do we do?” Dean asked.

“Well, since you and Banana’s aren’t drunk, do you want to hit the chopper with me?”

Banana looked around. “Really?” she asked.

“Sure, how do you feel about flying?”

She shrugged. “I don’t know, I’ve never been in a helicopter.”

“Well, then Dean, how do you feel about it?”

“I… would…love to but I can’t.. I just.. want a beer.” He said looking around.

Pilot grinned but didn’t say anything.

“Fine, Ivan you come with me and Norman? You stay on the ground with these folks. Do you think you can operate a gun?” Pilot asked looked at Rev.

“I could…but I don’t think I should…” Rev said.

“I don’t know, I think you’d be better at it.” Deci said.

“Deci are you alright to shoot?”

“My buzz is gone! There are zombies out there!”

“Alright, give Deci and Dean a gun, Banana and Ivan, come with me. You guys cover us just in case.”

Ten minutes later.

The chopper had started and lifted off. Banana looked excited at first but as soon as it got off the ground her expression was a little uneasy, and after a few minutes getting used to the shaking back and forth, her face lit up. Like this :D ß

“This is awesome!” She yelled.

Pilot laughed.

“Alright Ivan fire it up.” He said over the thud thud of the blades.

Ivan fired up the flamethrower and Pilot lowered the chopper to where the flames could reach them.

Banana was watching and even over the loud thumping she could hear the crackling of the zed’s skin as they burned. It made her feel a little sick, but on the other hand it made her feel better. A dead zombie was a good zombie. The only kind that she could stand.