Zombie 2.0 1/2

Somewhere there is a lost Dean.

“Guys?” Dean called out nervously. “Where did you go?”

He was wandering around in the back of the school, somehow getting lost when an unsettling fog set in.

It had came out of no where, he wasn’t sure if it was really a fog, or if it was smoke from the charred zombies.

“Guys? Come on, how did this happen?” he asked in to the dark. He knew that there were fences around the entire building but he wasn’t sure if they could get in. Maybe a hole in the fence.

“Dean? Dean? Where are you man?” came a southern accent.

“Norman? Is that you?” he asked.

“Yeah! Where are you?”

“Over…here.”

“Where is here?”

“I… Follow my voice!”

Dean wandered around for a few minutes until he ran face first in to Banana.

“Oof!” They both said when they collided.

“Watch where you’re going!” Banana yelled.

“If you have the ability to see through fog and not run in to things I’d love to know how you did it.” Dean said rubbing his forehead.

“I do! And maybe you should take a few lessons.” She said rubbing her forehead.

“Well maybe if you actually helped me out and watched out where you were going.” Dean trailed off.

“Guys?” Norman came in to the picture.

“We’re here.” Dean said. “Making out.”

“What?”

“He’s just kidding.” Banana said and punched Dean as best she could in the shoulder.

“You know, you’re getting pretty violent. I like that. Fiesty.”

Banana walked off.

Inside

Night time was settling in, it was almost three a.m. and everyone was getting pretty tired.

Pilot suggested they crossed over the lawn and went to the dorms and stayed there.

“Do you think that’s a good idea? Maybe we should just sleep in this room.” Dean said.

“Why? Are you afraid of something?” Banana asked.

“I for one, don’t want to go in that chopper…”

Everyone looked at him.

“Because there are a lot of us, and it’ll crash.” He explained.

“I assure you, we can handle it. That chopper was made to fly out injured people from wars. We’ll be alright.” Pilot said.

“Well, either way, I’d much rather we all stay together. I don’t want to split up from the girls and Rev.”

He nodded. “Alright, we’ll all stay in here. I have to tell you though, we need to take watch. Since I have already done so Ivan and Norman, you boys take over.”

“Yes sir.” Ivan said.

“I’ll see you all in four hours.” Pilot left.

“It was nice meeting you guys. We’ll see you in the morning. If you need anything, we’ll be right out front of the front doors.” Norman said.

They took off and the original four was alone once again.

“How could we of thought they were going to kill us and eat us.” Rev mused.

“Well, after you getting shot and the last few months we’ve been having, I’m failing to see how that was paranoid thoughts.” Deci said.

“I don’t think they’d hurt us. Not now.” Dean said laying down the blankets that Pilot had given them.

“Neither do I.” Rev said and laid down at the opposite end of the room.

Banana took over the couch, no one protested, they didn’t want to deal with a cranky, tired, and most likely evil and plotting Banana when they had to head out.

Deci decided that she was going to take over by the window. If there was enough room to move around, she wanted it. There was no reason for all four of them to be crammed together.

“So… ever wonder why we’re here?” Dean asked.

“Shut up.” Banana said.

“Oh come on, how come Rev gets to ask that?”

“Because, Rev is conversation challenged.” Deci said from the opposite side of the room.

“I am not!” Rev yelled.

“I think you are. Every time we’re alone you start off with ‘so..’ and we both know it ends with ‘here here or here’.”

“Yeah, that’s true… however…. On a more serious note… DO you guys ever wonder why we’re here?”

“I sometimes wonder why YOU’RE here.” Banana said.

“Me too.” Dean added.

“Not me. I know why he’s here.” Deci said.

“Why?” Rev asked.

“To keep me from murdering Dean and Banana.”

“Awe. You’re too kind.” Dean said.

“I know.” Deci said.

“Well, then you and Banana owe me a thanks.” Rev said.

Banana was silent.

“Banana?” Dean asked.

“No wise ass comment for human emotions? Apologies mean you’re sorry. And being sorry means you have emotion!” Rev said.

But still no reply.

“Banana?” Dean got up and walked over to where Banana was laying.

“She’s snoring.” He said.

“I can’t believe her. How does she do that?” Rev asked.

“She used to do it all the time before this, so it wasn’t the zombie thing that did it to her. She liked her sleep.” Deci mumbled.

“So… what was your first zombie story like?” Dean asked suddenly.

“Who?” Rev asked.

“Either of you.”

There was a silence and Deci knew that Rev was trying to think up a story to tell him. He didn’t want to tell, not yet.

“I was camping with my brothers. We do a ‘fall’ camping trip every year. We were fishing one night, and we heard screams coming across the lake from the other camps. We didn’t know what was going on, but since the twins were in the marines they decided they would go check it out incase someone needed help. They told me to stay put incase it was something that would get out of control. So I did. I listened for them because I knew that I would hear them if they yelled for me or something to bring the truck over.

“Anyways… They went over there, and they didn’t come back. I didn’t even hear them yelling I just waited and waited… they never showed back up. Finally zombie’s came through the woods at me.. I hopped in the truck and drove towards where my brothers had went… I didn’t see ‘em. I couldn’t find them, I yelled over and over and they never showed up.”

“I’m sorry I asked.” Dean said.

“It’s alright. I don’t know if they’re dead or alive. I didn’t see bodies, and I don’t know why they didn’t come back. But maybe they knew what had happened and the way back, the way they had went, was blocked. Maybe they were trying to go around the lake to get back to me. But I didn’t even hear them yelling. So I don’t know.” She shrugged in to the darkness.

“Rev?” Dean asked.

Nothing.

“Rev?” He asked again.

Soon they heard soft snoring.

“He’s out.” Deci said, but she knew he wasn’t. He was just avoiding the question.

“So…”

“Don’t you dare ask me if I ever wonder why we’re here.” Deci said.

“I’m not!” Dean said.

“Good, then continue.” She said.

“I was just going to ask, since you and Banana…er..what IS her real name?”

Deci laughed. “That’s not important.”

“Tell me!”

“Nope.”

“Please?”

“No.”

“What if I ask nicely? Like pie nicely?”

“No Dean, I won’t tell you.”

Dean got up and walked over to where she was laying and sat down next to her.

“I don’t care how much you pester me I am not going to tell you.” She said.

“Okay fine, then tell me her zombie story.”

“I can’t do that. If she wants you to know she’ll tell you. But I can tell you, we weren’t together when it happened. I was surprised to actually see her when I got home. I had to make sure that there was someone left…There wasn’t at my house, but she lived right next door to me. I checked on her. We always talked about a zombie plan before all this happened. I knew that she would survive at least a few days. So I went and looked for her and sure enough there she was. Locked up in her room. But still, I knew she’d be there.”

Dean mumbled something she couldn’t hear and then sighed. “Well, I guess I’ll just have to pester two things out of her.” He got up and grunted as he did. “Sign of old age.” He said and walked back to where he was camping out for the night.