Zombie 2.0 1/2

Simmer down son.

Dean was too afraid to stop and take over so he let Banana drive. Rev was asking Deci over and over and over if she was okay making sure the guy hadn’t hurt her.

“I’m fine.” She said.

“Are you sure?” he asked.

“Rev, I’m fine.”

“Well, are you sure?”

“REV! I’m fine! It’s not like I got shot!” She said looking at him.

“Alright, okay. I’m good.”

“Do you spose those guys were some of the same guys we ran in to earlier that shot Rev?” Dean asked.

“They seemed like they could be.” Banana said.

“Hard telling who is who now. They could be everywhere.” Rev added and looked at Deci again with a concerned look.

“I’m fine.” She said to him.

“Okay, okay.”

“You guys, what if there are people like that at the mountain already?” Banana asked.

“It’s a big mountain.” Dean said.

“That doesn’t mean anything. They could be up there hiding already.”

“I don’t think they would be.” Deci said and then shivered. “They said they went and found people… even when zombies weren’t around there were no people. Sure someone out there might of gotten the idea to go there like us, but I doubt it.” Deci said.

“Well we’ll just have to find out.” Dean said leaning back in the seat. It seemed weird not seeing him drive the car but after Banana’s rescue no one figured he would argue with it.

They continued driving until they reached a small what seemed like village tucked away in the middle of no where and stopped for the night.

Banana pulled up to a house that was sitting out front close to the road and stopped and put it in park. She then turned the car off and they all listened for sounds that might indicate that there were zombies around.

When they established that it was silent enough for them they got out and walked up to the house.

“There are at least seven houses right here, and more in the back. We can’t check them all but I think we should set up traps.” Dean said.

“What kind?”

“Boobie.” Dean said. Then chuckled.

“Oh my god.” Banana and Deci muttered together.

“Hey just because you have them and can see them ANY time you want, does not mean you need to shoot down my boobie jokes.” Dean said.

“You don’t need us to shoot them down Dean. You’re lame enough to where honestly, it’s not funny.” Banana said.

“You know what? I think I’m going to pick Deci as my partner to set up the boob traps.” He said.

Deci sighed. “What did I do to get punished this way?”

“HEY! You can’t take MY partner away from me!” Rev yelled.

“Shh! And I can.” Dean said.

Banana shrugged. “Fine, at least I don’t have to listen to you tell people we made out.”

Dean seriously looked at Rev. “You better not make out with her. That’s my job.”

Rev laughed. “Right.”

They split up after getting some things they would need and Rev and Banana set off in the opposite direction.

“So Deci-“

“I swear to God if you ask me if I ever wonder why we’re here..”

“No. You say that a lot to me… does Rev ask you that a lot?”

“Maybe. Now what did you want?”

“I was just going to ask… Does Banana ever talk about me?”

Deci knelt down between two semi close trees in the back yard and started hooking up some wires. “What do you mean ‘talk about you’? Good or bad?”

“There’s two options? She talks bad?”

“I am asking the questions here Dean… Good or bad?” She said as she worked on the trip wire. She had learned it from her twin brothers.

“Uh, Bad I guess.”

“Yes.”

“Really?”

“No.”

“Oh.”

“No I’m just joking. She does talk bad about you.”

“Really?”

“No.”

“Why are you fucking with me? I thought we were friends.”

“You thought wrong.” She said with a serious tone.

“Really?”

“No. Jeez, that’s what my brother meant by it being easy to fuck with me. You’re worse than I am. And Banana doesn’t talk bad about you.. well it’s not bad bad, but if you like get on her nerves she says some stuff.. but to be honest you’re with her more than me, how should I know?”

“Well I’m sure you two share some stories about me don’t you?”

“We’re with you every day. Why would we talk about you in the time you’re not around? That’s quiet time fool.”

“Come on. She must say something. Rev talks about you.”

Deci stood up from her trip wire work and looked at him. “Really?”

“No.”

“Don’t you fuck with me son, I’ll feed you to the zeds.”

Dean cleared his throat. “Okay fine, he does.”

“Good or bad?”

“Good… mostly.”

“When has he ever talked badly about me?”

“He hasn’t. God damnit. You have to gimme some leverage here.”

“No I don’t. If you want to know what Banana says you’ll tell me what Rev says.”

“I think it should be the other way around, since I did ask first.”

“Well it’s not going to happen that way, so if you want it to happen at all, you should probably just tell me what Rev says.”

“He likes you… a lot. But he won’t ever admit it and I swear to God if you tell him I said it-“

“Relax. I’m not saying anything, and I know he likes me. We’re good friends.”

“…What? No…that’s not what I meant.”

“Anyhow, what do you want to know?” She asked choosing another spot to hook up more wires.

“Well… I..” But he paused and listened. He heard laughter.

“Those guys are either going to get us killed, or sacked.” Deci said.

“I would rather be killed than sacked by those two.” Dean said.

“Me too. So let’s hope that the zombies will be here soon.”

“So alright fine I told you what Rev says about you, so tell me what Banana says.”

“No.. you didn’t tell me what he says, you told me what he thinks. And I already knew it.”

“You’re not thinking the right terms of like.”

“Banana doesn’t really honestly say much about you Dean. To be honest, we don’t really spend much time talking about it. I mean sometimes I’ll ask her if she likes you or whatever, but she just says ‘it’s a zombie apocalypse.’ And then I tell her it doesn’t matter and she says ‘if this were the real world Dean wouldn’t even know we existed’. And that’s it. I swear.”

Dean sighed. “I would too notice.”

“Let’s not get mushy here. I may not be Banana emotionally drained, but I don’t have much more to offer than that.”

“Why do you two pretend you don’t give a fuck about anything?” Dean asked suddenly angry.

“Whoa, calm down. I’m pretty sure that we are capable of caring but now’s just not the time. Why do you care SO much?”

Dean got angry and walked off leaving Deci to finish her zombie trap and then go find Rev and Banana. He was a big boy, if he wanted to get eaten alone, he would.

Out Front

Banana and Rev were laughing at the fact that Deci was trapped with Dean. Banana had thought it was more funny then he did but she didn’t say why. Probably because of all the people in the world she was the only one who could tolerate his needy-ness. In truth he wasn’t THAT bad, but he did have an odd way of showing things and Banana had just the right amount of lacking emotion to make up for all that he did show.

“I just think it’s amusing that Dean is always with you. It’s kind of like Daphne and Freddy on Scooby Doo.” Rev said hooking up some wires while Banana kept guard. He had been taught by Deci and she tried to teach Dean but he was more interested in other things. They weren’t sure why.

“Yeah well. I think it’s amusing how much you suck.”

“Oh, ouch. Below the belt.” Rev fell over pretending she had kicked him.

“Get up, come on!” She grabbed him and he laughed harder.

“Hey guys.” Deci said walking up to them.

“Hey. Where’s Freddy?” Rev asked laughing.

“Who?”

“Dean, where’s Dean?” He asked again standing up from the ground.

“He got angry with me for saying that Banana and I don’t feel many emotions due to our situation, and stalked off. I’m sure he’s crying somewhere.”

“You know, for someone who is a macho guy… He sure does get a little touchy.”

“Actually… Did you guys ever hear his zombie story?” Rev asked leaning against a tree.

“Yeah, he told me.” Banana said.

“What’d he tell you?” Rev asked.

“He said that he was at work one day, welding I guess, and his boss bit him, but he’s okay, and that was pretty much it.”

Rev sighed. “I shouldn’t be telling you two this, he’d killlll me if he knew. I’d kill him if he told you…well I’d kill Deci, but… You two need to know to understand. He lied.”

“He did?” Banana asked.

“He wasn’t at work. I actually found him. He was covered in blood, and it was a shit mess. He was freaking out and crying, and yeah he’s a macho guy. We all are macho when it comes to being in front of other people. But he must feel some kinda connection to you Banana because he keeps trying to open up to you. I think he might have…feelings, don’t shoot me, but yeah. Anyways, I ended up dragging him out from underneath a few dead bodies, turns out he was trying to hide himself from them. I asked him if he was okay, he said no. I asked why, and he said some stuff I didn’t understand.. I tossed it aside for awhile, but then one night before you guys came along we started talking. His pregnant girlfriend was out getting some groceries or whatever she was doing, I don’t remember. He ended up going out to find her because she called him up screaming her head off. When he got to her, which was last minute… well I don’t feel comfortable talking about it actually. Just know, he’s messed up.” Rev said finally.

“Hmm.” Banana said.

“I know. He tries to get everyone else to feel bad and mush up so he can focus his attention on them and their problems. So he doesn’t have to relive it. But honestly, out of all of us, I feel worst for him. I mean, my story is shit too and it sucks. It’s the worst thing in the world for someone to lose a kid. But, his… it was terrible.”

“I won’t ask him.” Deci said looking at Banana.

“Hey, I feel bad and all, specially since the guy had to shoot his zombie Dad, but you can’t expect me to just open up a can and feel all smushy. I don’t do that. It’s not like I’m pretending not to have feelings, I literally don’t have them.”

“Now, I know that’s not true.” Rev said.

“No no. It is.”

“You have no emotion? So if I stabbed you right now you wouldn’t hate me?” Rev asked.

“Okay, I have SOME emotion.”

“Exactly. Maybe you just don’t-“

They were cut off by Deans stomping.

“Hey.” He said.

“Hi.” They said looking at him.

“Dec, I’m sorry.” He said.

“S’ok. OKAY! Enough of this… we’ve had a really shitty past couple of days, I miss Norman and Ivan and Pilot, so we need to either drink some of your beer or go inside and just… go inside.” Deci said.

They all went inside after securing a few more traps.