Zombie 2.0 1/2

At least she has her teddy bear.

“We ran out of gas, didn’t we?” Banana asked.

“That might be one reason the car stopped.” Dean said.

“Well then maybe one of us should get out and look to see if we have any more.”

“Uh, about that… I was just saying that so you wouldn’t worry, I didn’t think we’d actually run out of gas. That only happens to dumb people in the movies.”

Banana stared at him blankly.

“I’m glad this is one of those ‘don’t show emotion’ times, because I’m pretty sure you’d have only one mission. To kill me.” He said getting out of the car.

“Why are you getting out!? There is no gas in there!”

“I know, but do you think we’re gonna get to the High School just sitting in here hatin’ on each other?”

“I suppose not.” Banana said and also got out. “Oh! Wait,” she then opened the door and got in to the back seat in a black bag. It contained the teddy bear. “Just incase.”

“Good idea.” He said.

“So… how much further?”

“A mile maybe.”

“I’d be better off trying to fight off zombies from the car.” She said.

“No, it’s a rule, you can’t stay alone.”

“I think you forgot that rule the other night when you guys all ended up behind held at gun point in the woods.” Banana said.

“Well…”

“And I’m pretty sure you forgot that rule awhile back when there was a certain pie involved.”

“Hey! There was PIE. How could .. you know what? Never mind. Come on let’s go.”

“Alright alright.” Banana set off on foot with him to hopefully make it all the way without dying.

.........

“Come on! We’re almost there! We gotta run, it’s the only way.” Dean said panting, it was even and effort for him.

“No. No, go on…get them… I’ve got the teddy bear.” Banana said.

“I’m not leaving you, all this time I let other things come in between us, and there is no pie… and you’re not asleep, so just… come with me come on!” Dean grabbed her arm and drug her most of the way.

“I can’t do this to you, I’m slowing you down just go!” Banana said and sat down on a rock. “Come back for me.”

“I can’t do that to you!” he yelled.

“You have to! I know I’ll survive but Rev is back there in the woods bleeding! He needs you to get to Pilot.”

“Ugh, fine, I’ll go but you have to be careful!” Dean pleaded.

“I will. I got the teddy bear.”

Dean sprinted off and hoped he would make it back in time before anything happened to anyone else in the group.