Zombie 2.0 1/2

Sugar, we are going down.

Deci examined her stitch work by light. She closed up what spots she could and quickly went out and turned the generator off. She stood and listened for awhile to see if she could hear anything.

She did.

“Fuck.” She swore. She knew better than to make a loud sound and draw them near but she had to. The light she had to work with wasn’t good enough and she needed to make sure that everything was sewn up.

She went in to the house and locked up the front door and put the furniture that she could find against the windows and door. Then she went out back with a rifle and waited.

She could hear the first of them walking through the woods breaking sticks. They were slow she could tell, but she didn’t know how long it would last. They were getting faster and smarter and soon it wouldn’t be so easy like it had been. Soon it would become difficult to stay alive.

The first zombie made an appearance through the trees just to the left. He staggered and Deci waited calmly until he was a mere few feet a way from her, then she aimed and shot. It went through his head. She sighed, it was easy but they would soon just gang up on her and she wouldn’t have time to aim and hold herself steady. She would be over run if they didn’t return soon.