Zombie 2.0 1/2

Well thats pretty negative sir.

Deci was running out of options. The wires had blown out due to three zombies who thought they should cross the line, then drag their bodies the rest of the way when they lost their legs.

She was worried they wouldn’t make it, and it seemed to be the direction everything was taking. She took a few more shots, and ran inside and locked the back door behind her.

Rev was awake.

“Dec? They’re out there aren’t they?” He asked.

“Yes.” She said. She wasn’t going to lie.

“Maybe we should just go surrender. I don’t think they’ll make it back in time.”

“I’m sure they will. I know it’s been awhile, but I’m sure they’ve found them by now and are probably almost here.”

“Do you really believe that? That’s to say if they even made it, what if those guys held them up again?”

“Don’t think like that. You’re supposed to be the supportive one remember?”

“Ha. Let me ask you…”

Rev started coughing which made the blood seep out of the hole in his shoulder.

“Stop, just stop. They’ll be here. And if you were going to ask if I ever wonder why we’re here, I will slap you despite your condition.” She smiled at him.

“Ha.” He managed.

Zombies were now pounding on the back of the house. They wanted in and she was sure that they could smell Rev. She ran to the back and shot a few rounds out the window of the back door.

“We aren’t going to make it, don’t waste your ammo.” He said.

“Stop being so.. negative. You jerk.”

“I’m not. I just am being realistic.” He countered and then fell silent.

“Like save the ammo to kill ourselves?” Deci asked.

“Well… I wasn’t gonna go there… but yeah. Wouldn’t you rather have a round in your skull instead of you out there walking around noming on people and have flesh between your teeth?” Rev asked in all seriousness.

Just then there was a loud crash at the back door. Deci went to the door way to see a few zombies fall through.

“Fuck.” But just then she heard this strange music. Wait. She knew this song.

“Is that the fucking Rocky theme song?!” Rev half shouted.

Deci quickly ran back to the living room and looked out the window. The music got louder and soon enough she saw a helicopter in the horizon.

“Rev! They made it!” She shouted just to come face to face with a zombie. Deci gasped but quickly put the barrel of her gun under the zed’s chin and pulled the trigger sending blood and brains everywhere.

The two other slow ones weren’t far behind. “Double fuckstick.”