Zombie 2.0 1/2

Its munching time.

“Fuck. Fuck. FUCK!” Deci yelled. She had used her last bullet and there was still another zombie coming at her. She threw the gun at its head and bounced off landing with a thud in the floor.

“I told you not to waste the bullets.” Rev said unhelpfully from the bed.

“They are out there!” She yelled. “They-”

With the Rocky theme still playing loudly the rail gun began firing. As if in slow motion the zombies that were hording around out back exploded on impact. But she was quickly thrown back into the situation standing, more like stumbling, in front of her.

“Uhhhh.” The zombie let out.

“Shit!” Deci didn’t have time to grab anything before the zombie launched at her. She stumbled backwards into the wall. The blood was oozing out of its ready-to-munch jaws. Just as he was about to take a bite, the front door blew off its hinges and in popped Norman and Ivan. “Help!”

Ivan quickly raised his gun and shot right through the zed’s head. Blood and what appeared to be brain matter went all over Deci’s face. She grimaced and quickly wiped what she could off her face.

“Hurry! We need to get Rev on the copter quickly!” Deci yelled.

They quickly got to Rev and put a blanket underneath him so the could transport him easily. Norman grabbed the part of the blanket at Revs head while Ivan go the part at his feet.

“C’mon c’mon!” Deci said trying to rush them.

.................

They were running to beat the zombies that were now pouring out of the woods. They weren’t sure how it was possible, it was the middle of the woods. But perhaps, just maybe, other people had the same idea as they did. And it only took one zombie to turn an entire city into the walking dead.

The music suddenly changed to a heavy metal song. Deci wasn’t sure what it was, she didn’t care. She just thought it was odd there was music playing any way. Maybe it was in her head. She didn’t know.

As they all got to where the chopper was a basket was lowered to grab the Rev. Norman and Ivan secured him in it and Ivan went up with him to make sure he didn’t fall out. Once they were safely up Norman grinned at Deci.

“Bet six months ago you’d of never thought you would be doing this.”

Deci nodded. “No can’t say that I would have. The zombie thing OR the copter thing.”

“This is us.” Norman shoved a thumb at the basket.

They climbed in and Deci hung on for dear life.

“Going up.” Norman said calmly.

“Were you in the military before this?” Deci shouted over the bullets and the thud of the blades.

“Nope. But so much time with Pilot taught me what to do. I mean you stay with him and you don’t catch a break. I guess it’s a good thing. I’d rather be pushed until I pass out then be lazy during times like this you know?” He shouted back.

They finally got in to the helicopter and Pilot gave the signal and they flew strait to the High School, but not after Banana had her fill of shooting the zombies.