Zombie 2.0 1/2

We get to test the merchandise?

“Now, don’t let those wires hit each other. You’ll cause a short somewhere in the system and then we’ll be back to square one.” Pilot instructed Dean. He was frowning in concentration.

Banana and Deci were cutting lengths in rope and wire while Norman and Ivan were lugging parts back and forth. Rev was off in the corner doing something of his own.

“You got it. Little more to the left.” Pilot was standing next to Dean.

“Is that right?” he asked.

“Perfect. Good job son. Now, let’s see if we can get some parts from the boys and try something new here.”

They walked over to where the guys were stacking things.

Rev got up and marched over to Deci and Banana and sat down next to them cross legged on the court floor.

“’Sup?” Rev said raising a hand.

“A zombie apocalypse.” Banana said with her eyes on the other guys.

“Talk about optimistic yellow fruit.”

“Look at who you’re talking to.” Deci said looking at Rev.

“True. I forgot that the ice queen was actually made of ice.”

“I am not made of ice. And I’m not an ice queen. Just because I point out the reality doesn’t make me a horrible person.” Banana said trying to protect herself.

“Silly Banana. Of course you aren’t actually made of ice. That would be really silly.” Rev said in a funny-but-really-patronizing-voice.

Banana remained silent. She didn’t want another outburst to happen. She just glared over in the guy’s direction. It just so happened that Dean looked over at the same time and he was a little taken aback.

“Hey, guys… Why is Banana glaring at us?” Dean whispered to Ivan and Norman.

“What?” They asked looking over in her direction but by then she had diverted it to look elsewhere.

“Did you do something to piss her off Dean?” Ivan asked.

“Wha- no! Why does everyone accuse me of messing everything up?!” Dean said looking very annoyed.

“Because you usually do. We were told about the whole pie incident and the leaving her alone in the car.” Norman said matter-of-factly.

“Hey! I apologized for the pie. I even said I would-” Dean was cut off by Ivan.

“Its fine dude. We were just joking.”

“Seriously though man. What is with you and Banana?” Norman stopped to look at Dean.

“I sometimes wonder that myself. Just when I think there’s something there, she ends up making it seem like it’s all in my own head. She did have a heart to heart with me a little bit back, but you can never tell when she’s serious or not.” Dean cleared his throat. “So anyhow, what are we building today?”

Banana was back to cutting the wires when Rev decided he would try to apologize.

“I’m sorry Banana. I don’t really think any of that about you. It’s just good to realize a joke or two when it’s sent your way.”

This caused her to scowl even more. “I can joke around.”

“I know you can, but you hardly ever do. You take all this so seriously maybe you should lighten up. I know we need to be on our toes, and you take the apocalypse very seriously, but honestly if we don’t have fun or do something that doesn’t make sense… we’re gonna end up going crazy.”

“You have a point, but I can’t help but take this the way I do.”

“And I can’t help but be a jerk and make fun of everything the way I do.” Rev smiled and walked off.

“Hmm.” Banana said.

“What is that hmm for?” Deci asked. She looked at her and then down at the wires and cut it.

“Well I just wonder if you’d actually marry Rev in the real world.”

“I don’t have a clue. Probably not. The world was a much different place, I only ever really saw guys like him on T.V. Then he comes along… he’s a lot different than any of the guys I knew. Or that we knew. But ya know, maybe that’s a good thing. By the way I’m not marrying him if you don’t hook up with Dean. That’s the law.”

“Law? I didn’t realize my personal life would be made law. Well… I am Queen of Bananatopia….” She trailed off and then shook her head and looked back at Deci. “Why do you guys have such a stupid bet going on?”

“It didn’t seem stupid at the time. I really figured it wouldn’t happen that’s the only way I agreed to it. And you didn’t agree to it. You and Dean aren’t together so… I won’t have to marry Rev.”

“Well, here’s a question. Do you want to marry him anyways?”

Deci took a second and thought. “No.”

“Are you lying? Because you can’t lie to a Banana, it’s physically impossible.”

“I’m not…lying.”

“Okay I believe that.”

“Eh, fine. I wouldn’t mind it but getting married seems pretty stupid right now don’t you think? I don’t see a point really. And I mean I wouldn’t want to marry someone who wouldn’t of married me back in the real world. I think he’s only doing it because I am the only girl he thinks he’s gonna know for the rest of his life.”

Banana sighed and cut more wires. “This is why I don’t get involved. Because you have all those things running through your head and not a single one of them has to do with the situation we have out here.”

“I see your point. I really do. But Dean seems pretty in to you.”

“Let’s not go there, I could turn your entire conversation and say the same exact thing. But I won’t and we’re not going to talk about this anymore.”

Deci just shrugged and gathered the wires and took them to Pilot who smiled and took them from her.

She wished that Pilot wasn’t so intent on staying behind and letting himself be one big battle away from death. He had said he hadn’t planned on ditching them, yet he also said he was staying behind to man the fort. Something was nagging at Deci and she couldn’t figure out what it was. So she let it go until she could put some more thought in to it.

“I don’t know what you’re doing but I think you’re on to something.” Pilot said walking back past Rev, who was admiring his own work with a smile.

“I’m just working on something that might come in handy while we’re away. You know, I won’t have to ability to just come in your work shop and grab what I need when we get out there.”

“That’s good thinking son.”

“Why thank you, I am the brightest in our clan.”

“I don’t think so!” Dean yelled from across the court.

“Don’t listen to him. He doesn’t know, he’s delirious.”

Pilot laughed and went back to what he was doing and Rev approached Banana. Deci had left for the time being, she needed a bathroom break.

“So are you having fun?” He asked her.

“Does it look like I’m having fun?” She asked.

“Not at all.” He leaned against the fence that was separating them from the zombies.

“Then why would you ask me such a silly question?” She asked.

“Did you just meet me?” Rev asked slightly confused. “I say things like that all the time, and point out the obvious. And make people feel awkward like they don’t belong in the conversation.” He then turned his attention to Ivan who was listening casually as he had came over to grab a box.

“Sorry! I couldn’t help it!” He ran back to where Pilot was explaining something about explosives.

“So Rev, what do you want?” Banana asked.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“I know you want something, otherwise you wouldn’t be over here bugging me.”

“That’s not true, I love you as much as the next guy, I bug you all the time not just when I want something.”

“Let’s not get carried away now with the lies.” Banana said.

“Alright. You caught me. I wanted to know if Deci said anything about me after I left.”

“No, why would she?”

“Because of our deal, she had to hold up her end of the bargain!”

“I don’t think that’ll be happening anytime soon if you guys really want to base the marriage fact on me and Dean’s relationship’s future…”

“I think that’s the perfect thing to do!”

“Rev you don’t even really know her, why get married? And besides would you of married her back if this zombie thing never would have happened?”

“I don’t know her, not really no, but that’s my plan. I want to get to know her, while being married to her. It’ll give our marriage something to build off from.” He grinned. “And no you’re right. I probably never would have married her in the real world. But this isn’t the real world anymore, and things DID happen. And I DID meet her, and this is what is going on. So why avoid it? If she would have walked by me I wouldn’t of ever known her back in the day. So I’m just going to go with it. Plus I do have feelings for her. Oh, wait, I’m sorry you don’t know what that word is… Feelings…” He said the word slowly. “You will have them someday.” He winked and walked off.

Banana heaved a heavy sigh and then went back to what she was doing, sorting out more wires to be cut.

When Deci came back Rev met her half way.

“Where did you try to sneak off to without me?” He asked.

“I didn’t? But I went to the bathroom if you must know.”

“Well…that…sounds like a fucking party! Why wasn’t I invited?”

Deci rolled her eyes at him. “I’m pretty sure that’s one party you’ll never get in to.”

“Oh damn, so close.” He shook his head.

“Right, you were. Just missed it by like… a million years.”

Rev shook his head. “Anyhow, I think it would be most wise for us to go out of the box today.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You know, maybe convince Pilot to take up the ol chopper and get a look for say…those guys who fucking shot me? I dunno, just a suggestion.”

Deci nodded. “No you’re right and if we go by air we can see them a lot better. It actually might be a wise idea for us to do that.”

Rev nodded. “I know it’s a good idea. I’m always right.”

“I don’t… Think… Oh never mind, there’s no telling you what you don’t want to hear.”

They walked over to where Banana was grinning evilly.

“What…is that look for?” Rev asked.

“What look?”

“The look that is currently plastered on your face.”

“Oh, that look? Yeah, that’s my normal face.”

“I don’t think buggy eyes and a sinister smile is your normal face. I mean I know you’er weird but really? No I don’t think so.” Rev said.

“Alright, fine. But you can’t tell anyone!”

Deci and Rev looked at each other.

“We promise.” Deci said.

“Well… you know, IT’S MY NORMAL FACE!” She yelled.

Everyone looked up at her.

“There is no way.” Rev said folding his arms.

“I’m sorry that you are too stupid to see reality for what it is Rev.”

“Oh, don’t be sorry. It happens to the best of us.”

Banana flipped him off. “I am not in any category with you. Just so you know.”

“I know you aren’t. Like you can compete with this.” He rubbed his left nipple.

Banana’s face went from evil smile to ‘Rev just grew three heads and shit a twinkie’.

“Oh don’t pretend like you don’t notice.” He shook his head and went to join the others.

Deci looked over at Banana. “So, you gonna tell me what exactly you were smiling about? Because I happen to know… that’s not your normal face.”

“Fine. Fine. I’ll tell you but I wasn’t joking when I said you couldn’t tell anyone. So don’t, or I will hunt you down and kill you.”

“Yes, because hunting me down these days is so damn hard.”

“It is! You always disappear with Rev, and I don’t want to come looking for you. What if I walk around a corner and you two are…. Are…” She struggled for a second with her words. “Are like … having… contact with the lips region. And … stuff.”

Deci looked at Banana’s wrinkled nose. She burst in to laughter.

“That’s exactly why I never go looking for you and Dean!”

“Really?”

“Aha, Yeah.” She grinned a grin like Goofy did, on the Goof Troop Movie.

“You are…special.” Banana said.

“Oh why thank you!”

“Yeah. You’re welcome.”

“Alright girls and…Rev, who is a girl, time to go out and test the toys!” Dean yelled happily.

“I swear men only like things that explode or have boobs the size of their head.” Deci said.

“Uh, well good thing we don’t have exploding boobs the size of their head. They would be in heaven.”

“What did you just say?” Dean said walking up with a serious expression on his face. “Did you just say something about blowing a boob up the size of my head?”

“I might of, why-.”

“DON’T SPEAK!” Dean covered Banana’s mouth.

She gave him a dirty look.

“I am serious, if the other guys hear that idea it won’t be my very own secret. They’ll imagine it too and then it won’t be a special thing anymore. Look, you tell no one. NO ONE. Do you hear me? About this. Okay?”

Banana tapped her foot.

“Alright, I’ll take that eye brow twitch as a yes.”

Before Dean could move his hand his facial expression turned really awkward and then his mouth hung down.

“Well someone should close that gaping hole before I fall in there.” Rev said looking at him as he came back around the corner.

“She…she…” was all he could manage.

“Let me guess, Banana licked your hand. Didn’t she?”

He nodded.

“BAD BANANA! BAD!” Rev said throwing a tiny cup at her.

“I DIDN’T PEE ON THE FLOOR!” She yelled.

“Awe oh my God, her first joke. I’m so proud.” Rev smiled.

“I give up.” Deci said and shook her head.

“Alright, alright, enough children. Time to go make sure these things will actually save your lives.” Pilot said.

They headed to the far soccer field.