Zombie 2.0 1/2

OMG! ITS FABIO!

Everyone was ducked behind one of the old military vehicles waiting for Pilot to give them the okay to hit a button or light a fuse. It was an exciting but sort of nerve racking thing when you were with the people that were there.

Banana was in charge of lighting and Dean was in charge of throwing. Rev and Deci were holding what looked like little remote control car controllers and when Pilot gave them the mark they would flick a switch.

Norman and Ivan were the bait. It was their job to run around and look as delicious as possible so that the zombies would come close enough to use their weaponry.

“What if something goes wrong, like a wire was in there wrong, and say… we blow Norman and Ivan up instead?” Rev asked looking at his controller more carefully.

“Well then I guess they shouldn’t have opted for this job then.” Banana said.

Rev looked at her and sighed. “Oh why couldn’t you of volunteered for this one?”

Deci punched Rev in the arm and he winced and rubbed it.

“Cry baby.” Deci said.

“I imagine.”

“Alright, we got some movers coming up on the left side.” Pilot said looking through his binoculars.

Deci looked through her pair and kept her finger on the switch.

Norman was running from side to side in front of a gate that hadn’t originally been there, Pilot insisted on putting it up, and then reached the door with a lock. He unlocked it and began running full force to the gang.

Ivan had climbed a tree and was watching.

“Now, when I say go, you go. We don’t want to accidentally blow up Norman.” Pilot said.

“Or….”

“No Rev!” They all said together at the same time.

“Alright, sheesh, no fun you guys. No fun at all.”

“Ready?” Pilot asked.

“You know, if you guys were willing to have more fun then maybe Banana wouldn’t be so crabby. If she had more fun and actually let her hair down-.”

“Ready?” Pilot repeated.

“Then perhaps she wouldn’t be such a tool.”

“REV!”

“Okay, okay!”

“No not yet!” Pilot yelled, but it was too late. Rev hit the button.

There was a loud explosion and then lots of black smoke. And silence.

“I didn’t…Did I? YOU SAID WAS I READY?!” He yelled.

“I was asking if you were ready! I wasn’t saying blow anything up I wanted to make sure you were paying attention.” Pilot said.

“I was paying attention! I was!”

“That’s why you just almost blew our friend up!” Dean exclaimed.

“He’s fine, look.” Rev pointed.

Norman was out of breath and a little disgruntled looking but he seemed to be fine otherwise.

“And the zombie?” Deci asked looking behind him.

Ivan gave thumbs up from his tree.

“I sure hope that you don’t accidently try to blow me up when we’re out there.” Banana said.

“Oh, it would be no accident.”

Deci again punched him.

“And you wonder why I’m such a bitch to you.” Banana mused.

“I don’t wonder. I just wonder why you were a bitch first. I was a gentleman the entire time I’ve known you.”

“Guys, can we focus on blowing stuff up now?” Dean asked.

They nodded.

Ivan was down from his tree and running around like a chicken with his head cut off in order to get the remaining zombies that were staggering around after him. However Ivan wasn’t as fast as Norman was. He actually had no grace about him what so ever.

As Ivan was running he tripped. He tumbled about three times and then jumped back to his feet and continued to run. This little mess up wouldn’t have been an issue for anyone else, but Ivan seemed to have his entire mojo thrown off by this.

“What is he doing?” Dean asked as they watched him.

Ivan was back down again, finding a gopher hole or something of the sort.

“Great. He’s going to get chewed on and when he starts turning he’s gunna expect me to just … harness him and let him play video games.” Norman said. His breathing had finally turned back to normal.

“Ivan? You alright!?” Pilot yelled out.

“Yeah I’m fine, twisted my ankle though!”

“So you need medical assistance?” Rev yelled back.

“I think I will be alright.” He yelled back.

“Well I’m sure he’ll be fine so long as that zombie like five feet away doesn’t get to him.” Dean said.

“Run you fool!” Norman yelled.

“I can’t! My foot is caught!”
“This is where it pays to keep your calm.” Pilot said pulling out a gun and shooting the zombie.

“Those other ones aren’t gonna be so easy. Light and go time kids.”

Dean held up a long pipe bomb and then Banana took out a lighter and lit it.

“Now wait a second.” Pilot said.

“Okay.”

“Make sure you throw BEHIND Ivan.” Norman said.

“Yeah, don’t worry about it pal.” Dean said.

“NOW!”

Dean threw the pipe as hard as he could and it landed a good distance away from Ivan, as soon as the zombies reached it, they blew sky high.

Norman ran out and got Ivan and then helped him back. When they were both safe at the vehicle they all looked back to the gate.

“You forgot to shut the gate?” Dean asked.

“Well excuse me, I was running from an explosion.” Norman said.

“And excuse me…I…” Ivan started but he sighed. “I should have shut the door.”

“Look.” Banana pointed.

“Shit.” Everyone said.

There were zombies now walking in, and even though these ones were slow there was no promise that the ones who started smelling action and hearing the explosions, would be a lot faster than before.

“Do we have anymore pipe bombs?” Banana asked looking towards Pilot.

“No, we only had the prototypes.”

Banana sighed looking around for a weapon. “So you’re saying we either have to fight our way to the gates or get eaten? Man…”

“Guess you’ll have to suck it up buttercup, eh?” Rev said looking over at her.

“Dean, can you pass me my gun?” Banana asked with an overly sweet smile and voice.

“Uh, I guess?” Dean said grabbing her gun to pass to her with a look of confusion on his face.

Once Banana had her gun she put her game face on. “I think it’s time to kick some zom-”

But she didn’t finish her sentence. She simply stared at the group of zombies walking in.

“Please, please, Tell me I’m not the only one who sees that.” She said after a second to take it in.

“Is that…” Dean’s voice trailed off and he exchanged looks with Banana.

“No way. Not possible.” Rev said shaking his head.

“Fabio?” Pilot asked.

They all nodded.

“I doubt it’s really the real Fabio, but I’ll be damned he sure does look like him.”

“Uncanny.” Banana said cocking her gun.

“Well there’s no point in saving his pretty face now even if it is him. Game on guys. And girls.” Norman said.

They hopped in to the vehicle that they were using as a barricade and drove towards the group of zombies.

“We could just run them over!” Rev shouted excitedly.

“We could but it would damage our vehicle.” Pilot said.

“Says the guy who won’t even be going with us to the mountain.” Rev shot back.

Pilot grunted and then drove over two zombies that were in the way.

“That’s what I’m talking about!” Rev yelled.

“When we get close enough, drop this amongst them.” Pilot said handing Deci who was behind him, something small round and black.

“What is it?” She asked.

“Just do as I say, can’t you young people ever just do what you’re told instead of asking questions?” He sighed.

Everyone laughed. Pilot didn’t seem as old as he had been acting the past few days, but that could have been because any number of things. Maybe his true age was showing through.

“Where do you want me throw it, exactly?”

“Well, here’s the deal. We’re going to stop now.” Pilot said slamming on his breaks, “And Dean is going to get out-.”

“WHOA!” Dean said putting up both hands. “Whoa, now hold on a minute, let’s just talk about this. WHAT?!”

Pilot laughed. “You have to learn to put yourself ahead of your team sometime. You seem the type for leader roll, that’s just what we need, but now you’re going to have to learn to actually be a leader.”

“By getting out and what? Letting the zombies take a few tastes of me? Am I the sample platter? I don’t think-.”

“Oh hell no you are not the sample platter, you have nothing on me.” Rev said.

“Oh please, you-.”

“Zombies guys. Zombies.” Deci said.

“Right, right.”

“Dean, you run around in a wide circle, draw them to you and group them up. As soon as you do that we’ll come by grab you and then Deci can shove the mini bomb in to the group. After that, we’ll hope it works.”

“And if it doesn’t?”

“Then we’ll get back to the main building, set up a block and kill them all the old fashioned way.” Pilot confirmed.

“Alright, well… you better get going buddy cuz here them suckers come.” Rev said.

Dean hopped out of the car cursing as he went. He ran in a huge line around them, and sure enough they started to take the bait.

“What do I do to keep their attention?” Dean was yelling as he ran in wide circles. Some of the zombies caught on and started for the truck again.

“Clean shirt! New shoes! And I don’t know where I am going to!” Dean started singing. And then he started dancing. “Silk suit, black tie, and I don’t need a reason why!”

“Oh. My. God.” Banana said.

“I know… I always thought it’d be cherry pie.” Norman said.

Rev and Deci looked at him and he just winked.

“EVERY GIRL’S CRAZY ‘BOUT A SHARP DRESSED MAN!” Dean was hopping around and pretending to play the guitar, finally Pilot had had enough amusement.

“Go!”

They spun out and stopped right beside Dean, Norman flung the door open and grabbed him. While doing so Deci managed to throw the tiny bomb in the middle of the group.

“Now what?” She asked.

“We drive like hell.” Pilot said. As they were driving 90 away from the zombies, he pulled out a small device that looked like a lighter, and smiled with an almost evil grin. He pressed the button.

There was a great bright explosion behind them, flames reached up towards the sky turning a blue and green color. The zombies ran about for a few moments on fire but then dropped to the ground.

“What the hell was that!?” Banana yelled.

“That, was my tiny tom bomb.”