Zombie 2.0 1/2

Operation Banana Pie is in effect.

Banana was still starring at the cave wall. For once in her, now eventful thanks to Dean, life she couldn’t sleep. Even after it got all quiet and Rev and Deci left. She still couldn’t. She was still really frustrated with Dean but on the other hand she really hated herself. She knew what she said was really harsh. But once again she knew she was still in the right, right? He was trying to force her into not being her. Hell half the time she wasn’t even sure who the hell she was.

Just then Rev came flying into the cave and over to her. He shook her violently which nearly caused her brain to become severely bruised. Or worse.

“What?!” Banana yelled trying to focus her eyes.

“DECI IS STUCK AND HURT! I THINK SHE MIGHT HAVE BROKEN SOMETHING! SHE IS CALLING FOR YOU!”

“Oh my- lets go crazy man!” She said shooting up off the ground, dragging Rev with her and flew out the cave. They left a worried and confused group of three behind.

After five minutes they arrived to find Deci stuck in a hole. The hole was like a grave, deep wise, but was wider and the edges were rounded. Kind of like a crater but harder in and out of.

“What the fuck?! Why is there a goddamn giant hole in the middle of the fuckin ground?” Banana asked but quickly went over to Deci to see if she is okay. “Deci? Jehn? Are you okay?!”

“I… I don’t know. My leg really hurts. I can’t get out of here. Where is Rev?” She asked.

“He is right….” She looked behind her to not see him anywhere. “Out getting something.” Banana said lamely.

“What?! Never mind! Get me out of here!” She screamed.

Banana looked around to see if there was something to help her pull up Deci.

“I need help. I can’t do this alone…” Just then Dean came morphing out of her peripheral. She cringed.

“What the fuck?!” Dean yelled taken completely by surprise that Banana was there. “What the fuck is she here for?” Dean turned to find Rev already gone.

“I know that we hate each other right now but that is my bff down there. I would like to get her out and since Rev ditched... I need your help even if you don’t especially want to do it.” Banana said shifting her gaze away and back to him. He looked like he wanted to punch her but he went over to the hole and examined it instead.

“Have you broken anything?” He asked Deci.

“I DON’T KNOW! JUST GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!” She screamed.

Banana walked over to stand on the other side of the hole. “What do you propose? Grapes?”

Deci grumbled and then walked over to the edge of the hole and started climbing her way out. She finally made it to the top with a little effort and flopped over.

“God you guys, I would have been down there all damn day.” She breathed out. “But thanks for actually being concerned and coming to check.” Deci got up, grunting, and then walked off. Rev came out from behind a tree and walked away with her.

“I don’t know who to hit first, them or you.” Dean said squinting after them.

“I vote them. He came in shook me so my brain is bruised to shit.” As she said that she began hurriedly walking away from him and to the cave.

“Wait. Banana!” Dean went after her.

“Don’t try and stop me.” She said.

“I am going to try at least. Look, I know you’re pissed at me but I’m pissed at you too. I have a right to be just as much as you.”

“I don’t care who has the right. It happened we both have a right to be mad, might as well cut our losses.”

“I’m not cutting anything until I talk to you.” He said.

“I don’t have anything to say!”

“I do!” he yelled.

“Shut up! Do you want a zombie to hear us?”

“For shit’s sake there haven’t been hardly any zombies this entire time. If things like this keep up we’ll be fine the world will re populate. Big hairy deal.”

“Fine. Make your point.”

“I have a right to be mad because for one Rev wasn’t supposed to say anything. I already told him what I thought of him, and he’s not sorry. Typical Rev. But for you to say I’m trying to make you be like her, or be HER, that’s unfair of you to slap me in the face with that.”

“Then stop trying to make me be someone I’m not.”

“I want you to be you. I don’t care if you talk about your feelings, whatever. But it’s not healthy for you to pretend you don’t care about anything! You don’t have to be so bitter all the time. I know you have points as to why not to show emotion, but even if it’s just in front of me, it’d show that you actually care about me.”

Banana was very quiet. Then she sighed. “What if I don’t care about you? What if that’s why I’m trying not to show any emotion at all? If I showed emotion you would think that I was giving in and coming around and that I would eventually tell you that I care. And what if I don’t? I don’t want to lie to you because maybe I do have emotions and caring about hurting someone who is obviously my friend is worth worrying about. I don’t want to be the bad guy, so I want you to try and just forget this emotion bullshit. It’s not happening.”

Dean stood there for a long time. “You really don’t care? At all?” Dean asked.

“I do care. Enough to not want to hurt you and make you think that there’s a chance. When I don’t think there could be because I don’t believe in that stuff enough. You have a completely different outlook than I do.”

“No I don’t.”

“Yes you do.”

“Fine, you don’t give a shit about me that way, but as your friend why can’t you just trust me?”

“I share things with Deci I don’t share with you. But I share things with you already that I have never told her.” Banana said.

“That’s a start.” Dean said.

“I’m sorry it’s not what you wanted to hear. I hope you weren’t expecting some big break through with me or something. I wasn’t just going to be suddenly like ‘oh Dean I love you’. That won’t ever happen. I hope you understand that.” Banana said.

Dean grunted and looked at the ground. “Fine Banana.” He said. It sounded so pathetically sad that Banana frowned a bit. It made her feel bad.

“Look, Dean…”

“Don’t. You don’t have to say anything to me. Really. I don’t think there’s anything you could say right now, because I feel stupid for all this. You even said… before that…”

“I know I did and it was wrong of me to say that. I felt like if I said that to you… that maybe you’d lay off and try to let things happen and then something would come up to keep us distracted and buy me more time.”

“I see.” He cleared his throat. “Thanks for being honest.” He said barely above a whisper.

“Dean-.”

But Dean didn’t listen and walked off. The dark was settling in and Banana knew she shouldn’t go after him. It was no use.

The ocean is made up of billions of tiny droplets…

Banana returned to the cave and looked at Rev who looked back at her and immediately stood up.

“What’s wrong?”

“Someone should go check on Dean. I am worried about him.”

Rev looked back at Deci and she got up.

“I’ll do it if you want.”

“You should stay here with-.”

“I’m fine. Just go check on Dean.”

Rev glanced at Deci and she shrugged and left to find Dean.

“Are you alright?” Rev asked.

She glanced up at him. “Yes I’m fine. I feel great actually. I told Dean the truth. I’ll never care about him the way he wants me to.” Banana walked towards the back of the cave and Rev followed.

“Don’t lie.” He said.

“I’m not lying.” She said glaring at him.

“You can lie to Deci and she’ll never tell you because she’s your best friend and best friends let each other white lie. Dean won’t say it because I’d imagine he’s heartbroken over it, and you know I’ll say it. I have to say it. I can’t let it go. So stop lying. Please?”

Banana frowned even more. “You think you have it all figured out?”

“I didn’t say that. That’s why I’m asking if you’re alright.”

“You think that I’m lying about not liking Dean the way he wants?”

“I do. And you can deny it all you want to everyone, but me. I am the master at denial. As are most drug users.”

“Rev, you don’t have to bring that up.”

“I want to. I used to do drugs. I would still if they were available. I have some pot tucked away in my bags. And I know that you’re trying to deny everything right now. For what reason? To stick to what you believe? You can believe that but just because ONE person came along and changed that for you doesn’t mean you should think it’s going against everything you believe.”

“Way to go. Great words of wisdom you have there.”

“Shut up Sara.”

She opened her mouth to say something but didn’t.

“I understand why you don’t want to. That’s fine. Whatever. But crushing Dean just because you’d rather hide is really selfish even for you.” Rev walked off leaving Banana to finish her thoughts alone.