Zombie 2.0 1/2

My salsa…is made out of zombies!

“So how is this gonna work? Won’t the blades hit the tree?” Rev asked, worried that they may not be able to save their friends.

“We have a ladder we will throw down to them while we hover above. Then they can just jump on.” Pilot answered.

They all marched to the helicopter. The zombie resistance was rather minor. Only one or two of them had popped out. But now that they were back at the chopper Pilot hurriedly got into the pilots seat and the rest moved inside.

“Do you think they’ll make it?” Ivan asked.

“Of course. If we stick to the plan we can have them safely aboard.” Norman said sitting in one of the seats.

“Oh God. I feel ten times bad now for what I said to Dean.” Banana muttered to herself.

Everyone was quiet until they got to the tree with Dean and Deci clinging to each other. They each began to wave at Pilot with a new found hope that they would be saved and not become munch food for the zombies.

“We are gonna lower a ladder for you so hold on and don’t fall.” Ivan said over the speaker system.

Dean gave the thumbs up and Norman threw the ladder out. It fell down and reached the two in the tree.

Dean insisted that Deci go first, she was a woman after all and he’d be fine, but she was arguing.

“I don’t mean to be all negative and such but you guys need to stop fighting, there’s a flood coming and I don’t mean water!” Ivan said.

Deci finally grabbed on the ladder and they pulled the crank that lifted her up. Once she was safely in the helicopter they lowered it back down for Dean.

But something went terribly wrong.

The branch that Dean was standing on gave way and he fell to the ground.

“Dean!” Everyone yelled at once.

But Dean was no where to be found.

“We need to go set this bird down, we’re running outta fuel!” Pilot yelled.

“We can’t just leave him!” screamed Banana.

“We’ll come back for him, we have to go now or we’ll all die!”

“Well shoot at the zombies!” Deci yelled.

“No! You don’t know if Dean is down there or not! We can’t just start shooting or we could hit him!” Norman said grabbed Deci who went almost too close to the edge.

“Dean if you’re down there we have to go set the bird down, but we’ll be back for you! Make your way to the cave!” Ivan said over the intercom.

They took the chopper to the field and set it down just in time for a tree to get struck by lightning. It burst into flames and the rain started to pour harder. It didn’t help put out the fire.

“WHERE IS DEAN!?” Banana was yelling freaking out.

“We have to go in and find him! Here you man the chopper, the gun still works!” Pilot said tossing goggles to those who didn’t have it. “Deci you take the other side and make sure nothing comes in from the back. We’ll go find Dean.”

Banana manned the gun and Deci did as she was told and guarded the back way. She felt bad that she had been the one to get on the chopper and Dean had to fall in to the pit of zombies. The way things were going, she was sure he hadn’t made it. It made her sick to her stomach.

“I hope he’s okay.” Banana said.

“Why?” Deci asked.

“Because! You know why, don’t make me say it.”

“I won’t but you know, if Dean’s dead he’ll have died without even knowing that you totally like him.” Deci said. She sucked in a sharp breath and aimed. She shot from the back.

“What was that?!” Banana yelled.

“It was me shooting a zombie, they’re starting to come around the back!”

Banana turned the gun but it would swivel around. “Shit. Well I hope you have everything under control!”

“I do for now!”

Meanwhile in the filed Rev and Ivan were climbing over rocks and shooting things behind each other’s backs while Pilot and Norman advanced unseen. They couldn’t just yelled for Dean, the zombies would wise up to that, so they instead whistled hoping Dean would catch on.

They snuck and dove and shot for twenty minutes when suddenly Rev bellowed.

“I FOUND HIM!” He screamed.

“Where?!” Everyone yelled at once.

Rev quickly ran over to where Dean was and picked him up. “He must of hit his head or something! Help me carry him!”

Norman and Ivan helped grab him and then they all ran as quickly as they could to safety.