Zombie 2.0 1/2

Hickville USA.

Banana was going through the contents of the truck while Deci had one arm stuck out the window while driving. Dean and Rev were in the bed of the truck having what appeared to be an intense conversation.

“Ah-hah!” Banana yelled lifting up a John Denver CD.

“What?” Deci looked over curious.

“John Denver.” Banana popped the CD into the CD player. Thank God I’m A Country Boy came on. She turned up the volume.

“Dude.”

“I know.” Banana smiled and started to ‘lightly’ head bang.

There was some knocking on the window. Banana straightened up and moved her head closer to Deci.

“Don’t look now… There are two creeps knocking on the window.” Banana whispered.

“Uh-huh.” Deci looked anyway from the rearview mirror. Dean and Rev had their faces pressed up against the window and were making the weirdest faces. “I don’t know Banana maybe you should look.”

Banana’s shoulders sagged a little and slowly turned. She stuck her tongue out at them and pointed her thumb and index finger out as to call them a loser. They dramatically gasped and held their hands up to their mouths.

“So how much longer man?” She turned back to Deci.

“Until what? We kill them?” Deci asked.

“No… not that.” Banana said. “Until we get to where we’re going.”

“I don’t even know where we’re going…”

“To find the others?” Banana asked looking at her. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah why?”

“Because we just set of to go find them and you don’t even know where we are going…”

“I knew where we were going, I don’t know where we are going after that though…”

“Well I don’t think any of us do. But Pilot must.”

“Yeah maybe.”

Just then there was another knock at the window and this time both of them looked. They turned just in time to see Dean and Rev’s bare ass in the window.

“Oh my God… Maybe now is a good time to do that ‘killing them’ thing you were talking about.” Banana said.

“Yeah I’m going to have to agree with you on that one.” She laughed.

“Got youuuu.” Dean’s loud mouth could be heard over John Denver.

“Turn that shit up, seriously or I’m going to have to stomp the breaks and watch them go flying.”

“Got ya.”

The music went up but this didn’t stop Rev and Dean from being a pain in the ass.

Deci’s window was down and Rev leaned around the side and stuck his head in the truck.

“What are you ladies doing? You wouldn’t be trying to drown us out would you?” Rev asked.

“No… not at all.” Deci said.

“We’d never do that to you guys.” Rev said.

“Of course you wouldn’t, you’d just leave us for pie, or … you know… something mean that you did that I don’t know about….” Banana said.

“Ohhh come on! I’d never leave you for pie.”

“You should probably get in the back of the truck.” Deci said.

“Why? Afraid I’m gonna fall?”

“No…you just might not like that group of zombies dragging you off the truck and eating your flesh.”

Rev looked ahead of them and there was a small horde of zombies standing around. They looked hungry.

“Can I pleaaaaseee?” Rev begged.

“No.” Deci said.

“Pleaaaasssseeee.” He begged even more.

“NO!”

“Please I’ll love you forever and not ever bring up marriage again.”

Deci sighed. “Fine.”

Suddenly Rev was climbing in through the window while Deci scooted over and kept her foot on the gas and hand on the steering wheel. When Rev was in he took control and immediately stomped the gas pedal.

They went speeding in to the group of zombies while blaring John Denver. Some splattered all over the place while others were simply knocked over due to their zombie meat shields.

“HAHAAH!” Rev was laughing insanely.

“OH MY GOD!” was all you could hear from the back of the truck where Dean had been forgotten.

“Get ‘em!” Deci yelled as Rev threw it in reverse and stomped the pedal again. They jerked backwards and thumps were heard. Suddenly one thumped so hard it went up and over in to the back.

“GET THIS THING OFF MEEEE!” Dean screamed like a little girl.

“Shoot it!” Rev yelled.

“AHHHH!” His screams hit a higher pitch.

“Oh for the love of-.” Banana reached in the glove compartment and then tried to open the sliding window in the back. It was stuck so she sighed even heavier and hung her upper half out the window. She aimed the gun and just as she went to pull the trigger Dean dove and covered his head.

The zombie was shot square in the face, but didn’t die.

“Damnit!” Banana swore. “You son of a bitch, just fucking die.”

“I am gonna if you don’t shoot the damn thing!”

“I’m working on it!” She yelled and shot two more times. The zombie finally was bad enough to where Banana finally managed to crawl out the window and in to the back without falling. She made her way unsteadily to the zombie and shoved it over backwards so it fell out and landed in the mud behind them.

“How fucking hard was that?” Banana asked Dean.

“It wasn’t! I just wanted to see if you’d rescue me.”

“There’s nothing I hate more than a princess in distress.” Banana grumbled.

Suddenly Rev stomped on the breaks and Banana toppled over landing on top of Dean.

“What was that!?” yelled Banana.

“Deer! I didn’t want to hit him!” Rev said.

“Dear Lord.” Dean said.

Banana glanced down at Dean who was looking up at her with an almost blank expression on his face. It was sort of an amused blank expression as if he had been amused she fell on him but spaced out after he realized what had happened. And now he looked like a complete idiot just smiling and staring up at her.

“Earth to Dean, when I fell on you did I kill all the rest of your brain cells?” Banana asked.

“No, what? No. Of course not.”

“Then why are you looking at me like that?”

“I’m not looking at you any other way.”

“I think that everyone else would disagree.”

“Well everyone else isn’t here to determine if I am looking at you any different or not.”

“Uh huh.” Banana went to get up again but just as that happened Rev punched the gas again causing her to just fall back on top of him.

“REV!” she yelled.

More evil laughter from the front of the truck ensued.

“What? We needed to get out of there, didn’t you see the size of that deer? Didn’t you see the blood dripping from it’s face? I don’t want to stick around for zombie Bambi.”

“Cuz a deer could hurt us.” Banana grumbled and tried to climb off Dean. But of course, Rev cut to the left really hard and she fell back on top of him.

“I AM GOING TO MURDER YOU IN YOUR SLEEP!” Banana yelled.

“Noooo, you love me.” Rev said.

“I don’t think so.”

“Not even just a little?” he yelled.

“No!”

Dean was trying to sit up but he couldn’t. They hit a bump and is sent him back on his ass.

“This is getting to the point of so much ridiculousness that I might have to actually kill him. I’m not joking.” Banana said.

“I don’t think that’s really necessary… he’s just trying to be clever.”

“Well he’s being not clever. He is being the opposite.”

“He’s being… dumb?”

“NO! Don’t just… don’t argue with me. Ever.”

They finally approached where Pilot and the others were. They were sitting around a big eighteen-wheeler.

“Does that have gas?” Rev asked pulling up and parking beside them. He refused to get out of the s 10. Even though he was longer than the truck itself it seemed.

“Yeah, it has plenty of gas. We even have some extra that we can use. Someone must have gotten the same idea as us, but they obviously never made it back.

“Ugh. Well, are you sure we’re not taking it from someone who went off to find more supplies?” Deci asked.

“If they did, they should of known better then to leave it here. They would have taken it with him.” Pilot said.

“But I mean, what if they didn’t go very far?”

“Then they would of came back by now because they’ve most likely heard us messing with their truck.” Norman said.

“Alright, you guys have answers for everything, don’t you?” Banana said from the back seat.

Ivan turned to her. “Of course we do. What else would we be doing here?”

She just rolled her eyes, it seemed the little falling action put her in a little bit of a mood. Not badly of course, just enough to where she wanted to kick Rev in the back of the head if she could possibly get her foot that high.

“So where to now boss?” Dean asked.

“We need to head north. Didn’t we agree that we would head to the mountain now?” Ivan asked.

“Well, that sounds right to me. Do we have enough supplies to go and do this?” Dean asked.

“Yeah, we should have. We can always just get up there and make sure that people aren’t around and go back down for supplies.” Norman said.

“Sounds good to me.” Deci said from the passenger side of the S10.

“So are you actually gunna drive that bad boy?” Banan asked.

“Yeah, we didn’t plan on looking at it and callin’ it pretty.” Ivan said.

Banana squinted at him, suddenly annoyed by his new attitude.

“So we’ll follow you guys up then?” Rev asked.

“Sounds good to us. Just let me get this shit started and we’ll head off.” Pilot said climbing in the driver’s side. He started the engine and then hit the gas a little. It was roaring it seemed and would cause a lot of noise which would most likely lead to zombies, but with the huge truck they could easily make a path of dead bodies for the tiny S10.

When the truck was ready to go finally and everyone was settled they set out towards the mountain, the sun was just starting to shine.