Zombie 2.0 1/2

What did you just say?

An hour has passed by as they continued on their quest when suddenly Rev had a paranoid thought. He slammed on his breaks and as they waited the large truck continued on without them.

“What are you doing!?” Deci asked. Even Dean and Banana poked their heads through the window, that mysteriously opened now, in the back.

“What’s going on? Why’d we stop?” When he noticed the others didn’t stop he added, “Why are we the only ones who didn’t stop?”

“Because, what if something funny is going on.”

“What are you talking about Doctor Paranoid? Did you smoke your breakfast again?” Deci asked putting her feet up on the dashboard.

“No! I didn’t… Look, what if they get us half way up there, kill us and take our shit? They’ve been nice but doesn’t anyone remember they had friends before us that mysteriously died?”

“Are you really getting paranoid on us? I don’t think they’ll do anything.” Banana said.

“I’m just looking out for us. We were originally four, and now there are three more of us. And you know, Pilot is gonna go out like a cowboy… and then that leaves the two creepers…”

“Jimmy, come on.” Deci said.

“Hey, don’t call me that.” He said looking at her.

“Well, I only ever use that name when I need to be serious with you right?”

“Yeah.”

“Then let’s get serious here… I doubt that Pilot or any of them would do anything to us.”

“They haven’t even stopped to see if we’re behind them!”

“Okay, but that’s probably because you stopped so suddenly WE didn’t even know we stopped.” Banana said.

“I’m sure that if they knew they’d be coming back.” Dean said.

“I don’t know I just have a bad feeling about them.” Rev said and then stepped on the gas. But that didn’t matter because the engine stalled.

“Damnit! See what happens! You get all paranoid that they’re gonna kill us when in reality you get us killed. What’s the matter with you?” Banana said.

“Well when something goes all Texas chainsaw on us you just remember who called it first.” He said and hit the steering wheel.

“Pop the damn hood.” Dean said hopping over the side. Deci also got out.

“What are you doing?” Rev asked when he saw her open her door.

“I’m getting out to look at the truck.”

There was a silence from the two men.

“What?” She asked.

“Believe it or not you meatheads, but she does know a bit about vehicles.” Banana said from the back. She was now unwrapping a payday and digging out spray cheese from her pack.

“I’m amused. Come Deci let us figure out the issue of the vehicles.” Dean said.

Deci smiled and slammed the door.

When she and Dean opened the hood and put the stick up to hold it from falling on their head, Dean immediately began talking bananas.

“Do you think she’s ever gonna change her mind about this? I know I keep pushing but I just found out that she really does feel the same way about me that I do about her… and I promise I’ll be good about it… I won’t try to change her.”

“Well for one, you’re promising all these things to the wrong person, and for two that’s totally unforeseeable. I have no way of knowing. She usually doesn’t change her mind much once she’s really dead set on something, but like I said, give her time. You never know. She could change her mind once we’re settled down and what not.”

“Why would she wait for that? I mean honestly, doesn’t she need someone to lean on?”

Deci looked over at him with a bored expression. “Look… Dean she doesn’t really rely much on other people. I think that she saw too much bullshit with the entire relying on someone else thing… and decided she wasn’t going to subject herself to this… But honestly we’re not going through this again. Talk to her seriously about it. I know she don’t like to talk but I think once we get another time where we can all just chill just take her somewhere alone and make out man. That’s what you gotta do.”

“What?” He looked at her suddenly and turned red.

“I’m just kidding although that would solve the issue of saying things that offend each other. Can’t really say stupid shit with a tongue in your mouth eh?” She winked at him and he shook his head.

“Honestly, in all seriousness and such, you need to just talk to her away from us, no fighting and just tell her calmly everything you told me. And do not push her! Don’t for the love of God if she says something like ‘oh I don’t think so’ then dude… just let it go.”

“Alright. I will. What about you and Rev?”

“Do we always have this conversation?”

“I think you guys do, but this is the first time I’ve been able to listen in so keep going!” Rev’s voice came from inside the truck. “I want to hear what you have to say about me!”

“Ugh.” Deci said.

Dean sighed and looked at the car. After a few moments of consulting they got the truck running and set back off on their adventure.

“So did anyone notice that they never did come back for us?” Rev asked.

Just as soon as he said that they rounded a corner and saw the big truck pulled over to the side of the road.

“See Rev, they were waiting for us.” Banana said.

“That doesn’t mean they woulda came back for us if we were gone longer than we were.” He grumbled.

“Ughhhh.” Deci sighed. She was getting tired of this trip already. It seemed like things were simpler when it was just the four of them. No one was paranoid unless it was about sack, which hadn’t happened in so long that she was afraid they forgot about it, and they didn’t really have trust issues. Unless of course it was with each other and that was only because there were feelings deeper than just friendship when it came to them. They were all estranged and it seemed to only make sense when there weren’t three other men in the mix. She just looked out the window and tried to get rid of the thoughts.

“Earth to Deci.” Rev said.

She looked at him. “What?”

“You wanna get out and tell them what happened?”

“Why would I want to get out, why don’t you do it?”

“Because honestly, I don’t want to lose my drivers seat. I never get to drive.” He pleaded.

“Alright, alright fine. But no one has to get out just drive up beside them and I’ll yell out my window.”

“Fine.” He pulled up beside them.

“Sorry! The truck ended up stalling.” Deci said. She didn’t bother to add that Rev was suspicious of them and everything they did now.

“We really need to come up with a system that incase something like that happens again we’ll know.” Pilot said. “Next time send up a flair.”

“Yeah I’ll remember that.” Rev muttered.

“Stop it.” Deci said to him and turned back to Pilot. “Yeah, we will. Sorry about that.”

Pilot nodded. “Onward then?”

“Yeah.” She shouted back as he started up the large truck again. They were off again, for the second time.

“On the road again~” Banana started to sing but then stopped. “So… Are you really that paranoid Rev?”

“You don’t seriously find it the least bit sketchy?”

“Not now. I did when we first met them. Remember when I was freakin out? But now I don’t think that. Dude they have saved us many times over. Why would they off us now?”

“I don’t know… but I will keep my eye on them and the other on the zeds.”

“SO! Who wants to change the topic now?” Deci asked.

“Okay. Think OJ Simpson survived?” Banana asked.

“Yeah. That bastard can slip through anything. Except stealing baseball cards.” Dean said leaning against one side of the truck.

“Hey, that reminds me have any of you seen Cop Out? Sean William Scott stole a card and was a ninja on ecstasy.” Deci said.

“I love that movie! I love the part where Bruce Willis was all like ‘Dude he is dead. Lets just through him in a dumpster’.” Banana replied laughing.

“And what movie is this?” Dean

“You, sir, are hopeless. Is there anything you have seen? Have you even heard of a thing called a DVD or, y’know a TV?!” Banana exclaimed.

“TV? Is that what you whippersnappers use to see moving pictures on?” Dean asked laughing.

“I’m gonna take a nap now I think.” Banana said laying down and putting a blanket roll under her head.

“Well I’ll feel awkward just sitting here while you sleep. I think I’ll take this time to also catch some shut eye too.” Dean replied doing the same thing.