Zombie 2.0 1/2

Inside the fortress of solitude.

Deci was looking around in empty bottles and gasoline jugs to see if there was anything in there remotely worth salvaging. So far nothing except a mysterious bottle of yellow liquid that she was sure was someone’s piss left behind. When she threw the bottle it exploded on impact and Norman jumped out of the way just in time.

“Gross! Please tell me that wasn’t what I thought it was.”

“I’m pretty sure that if you want me to lie, then no. It wasn’t what you thought it was, but if you want the truth….then… yes..”

“That’s so wrong. What could be worse?”

“Finding a bottle of sper-.”

“OKAY! That’s cool. You got me there. That is worse.” Norman threw his hands in the air.

“Good.” She smiled.

As they continued searching Norman cleared his throat.

“Yes?” Deci asked climbing a ladder that lead to a loft.

“I couldn’t help but notice you and Rev sort of fighting….but not really…earlier.”

“Oh not you too.” She muttered.

“No, I just… I think that he would have been okay. But maybe you should think about seeing other people.”

Deci slipped on her ladder and almost fell to the floor but then caught herself. “Yeah because you know… the picking isn’t slim or anything.” She continued to climb back up the ladder.

“Well I’m just saying… You’re not totally without other choices you know.” He was rummaging around as if the conversation was casual.

“Er, well in truth I do like Rev… but there’s just so much wrong with it. You see people shacking up in the movies but you never see how much that actually can fuck with your whole ordeal. You know? It really could get in the way if you fell for someone or even cared about them slightly because if you have a situation where you have to let them go and they want to be let go to save your life, you won’t do it and you’ll die. Or what if something happened to them and you went crazy or started slowing down cuz you were depressed about them dying.. You don’t even know.”

“I do know, but what if you found someone who helped you through everything?”

“Have you been talking to Rev? I swear I’ve heard this conversation before.”

“I don’t know, it’s just a thought. You don’t have to but you’d think that if you liked Rev so much you’d give him a chance. And no before you ask he didn’t put me up to this. I just think that is how it should be. The guy is messed up because of all this. I think he could really use the support of you. And I think Dean could use Banana’s support. I’m only saying it cuz I know I could use it if I had pretty girls to hang out with all the time.”

Deci managed to climb to the top of the loft and she sat down looking over the edge. She frowned. “Do you really believe that? Or are you just trying to get some?”

“I really believe that. I mean they’ve lost a lot right? Haven’t we all? Why wouldn’t you want someone to help you through it? And of course what if you do lose them? Would it be worse than what you’ve already lost?”

Deci nodded and sighed. “I have to talk to Banana.”

“Well if it makes you feel any better I found some materials I need to fix the truck.”

“Alright, I’m gonna take a look around here and see if there’s anything useful.” Deci got up and walked around glancing in boxes and moving things around.

As she was looking Norman told her that he would be right back and if anything happened to just holler.

Deci contiued to do what she was doing and ignored everything around her for the most part. She could hear Rev talking about random things to Pilot as Norman and Ivan tinkered inside the hood.

Some things that Norman said really made sense to her. The whole time she had been arguing with Rev about them getting together she couldn’t think of anything else she’d rather do. She liked him and he seemed to like her but she was always afraid in the back of her mind that the zombies would end, or they would meet the fair maiden that so many zombie movies talked about, that he wouldn’t want anything to do with her. It did happen a lot back before the zombies, who said it wouldn’t happen now?

As she looked around in the last few boxes she didn’t find anything useful so she climbed down the ladder. However as she took one last glance around the place she noticed a bunch of papers stapled to the wall. Upon further investigation she found that they were maps of places that zombies had been and places where they were most thick. There were sidenotes that explained that the zombies the author of these papers had ran in to at first were slow and dumb, but gradually got smarter and faster.

“Oh my god.” She muttered. She grabbed what she could and bolted out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long. ^_^;