Zombie 2.0 1/2

Lets all kiss and make up.

Dean paced around the living room for a few minutes before he finally decided to face Banana. He didn’t think that what had happened was worth getting mad over and in truth he didn’t think Banana was angry, she was probably just feeling awkward about the fact that she had offered help.
He paced back and fourth twice more and then knocked on the door to the room she had put herself in.
“Banana? Can I come in for a second? I just need to say something to you and then I’ll leave.” He said. He held his breath and waited.
There was no answer.
“Banana, I’m really sorry about earlier. I didn’t mean to upset you in anyway… and .. Hey I just had to shoot my father come on, why are you mad at me?”
There was still no answer.
“You know what? Fine! I wont apologize!” He huffed and punched the door. Still no answer.
Finally he got upset enough and busted down the door anyway. What he found made him stop in his tracks.
There was Banana fast asleep on the floor.
“Banana?” He asked. He wasn’t sure at this point if she really was asleep or dead.
“Banana?” he slowly walked over to her.
When there was still no answer he crept over beside her and stood there.
“Shit, I can’t even see if she’s breathing.” he said and knelt down to get a better look. “Uhh-”
“GOD DAMNIT!” Banana jumped up with such speed and force that Dean yelled and stumbled backwards slamming in to the wall and falling down.
“AHHH!”
“AHHH!”
“AHHHHHHH!”
“AHHHHHH!”
It went on like that for a minute.
Finally when there were two more ‘Ahhh’s involved, Deci and Rev had ran in to see what was the matter, everyone calmed down.
“Ok, we just.. Wanted to make sure Banana wasn’t killing you.” Rev said and he and Deci took off quickly.
“What do you want!” Banana asked when she had figured out what was going on.
“I just gave you a speech! And you didn’t hear it! Well! ….. WELL!” he walked back and forth throwing his arms around in silence for a second.
“Well?” Banana asked, her tone wasn’t angry it was just impatient.
“Well! I don’t think you should be mad at me.” He said finally.
“I’m not mad. I was only kidding.”
Deans face did not look like he had found pie. It looked like a little boy who had just found out that all the time he trekked across the world for an ice cream only to find out it was in his freezer the entire time.
“You’re kidding.” he said.
“No. Im not kidding about kidding. If that’s what you meant.” she said and sat down on the bed.
Dean turned his head and raised an eye brow. “Why were you sleeping on the floor if there’s a bed? Actually why were any of us sleeping on the floor?” he asked, but more to himself.
“Look, I wasn’t angry. I just think it was a little awkward for me to force those words out and not choke for once.” she said.
“Yeah that was shocking to me too.” Dean agreed.
“I think I shocked Rev and Deci the most though.” she grinned a little.
“Right.”
They stood there in a weird silence until finally Dean walked over and sat next to her.
“I know deep down you have feelings, Ah let me finish,” he added when she started to protest. “I know there are feelings in there. Somewhere. And I’m not asking to see them because it will be physically impossible for you to do so, but just know. I appreciate the words you said. Even if you didn’t mean them.” He smiled.
“Well, I figured it was appropriate to say them given the situation. I don’t actually feel them but-”
“I’m sure you feel SOME emotion.”
“Yes, tiredness. Is that an emotion?” she asked.
“You can fall asleep anywhere.” He said.
“I fell asleep standing up at a concert once.” She said.
“I’m not even shocked, im impressed.” He said.
“Me too. Deci didn’t think it was that impressive, she actually was a little horrified.”
He laughed.
“So, look. We can pretend this never happened. But just know.” She stopped and rolled her eyes. “Once this year was good enough. I have no more kind words left.”
Dean reached his arm around her and gave her a noogie. “Oh you know I love … well…you know I care for you an appropriate amount. As allowed by law.”
Banana just rolled her eyes. “I think maybe this human contact is getting to my brain.” she said.
Dean let out a hearty laugh before releasing her. “Now human contact isn’t that bad once in a while.”
“Perv.”
Dean looked flustered and began to stutter. “N-now that’s, that’s not what I, uh meant.”
Now it was Banana’s turn to laugh. “I know dude. Calm down. But back to the emotion thing. There is really no point in feeling much because it doesn’t last. It always ends. Or someone dies.” Banana smiled. “Now, enough death and gloom. Lets go do something productive.” She stood up and began heading out of the room.
Dean grabbed after her and caught her arm. “No, I think we’re on to something. You just SHARED something with me. And now we’re going to get to the bottom of it.”
Banana narrowed her eyes. “What the hell are you talking about? I didn’t share anything that people don’t already know about me!”
“I think you did! I think we’re on to something. Sit. Let me grab a pen and paper so I can draw little lines and pretend I’m listening.”
Banana freed her arm and continued out the door.

................

Rev had won the most snow collecting contest, and when Banana and Dean got outside they witnessed Deci putting rocks where his eyes were and tried to give him a stick nose.
“This isn’t working. Unless I actually imbed these things into your skull…” Deci trailed off.
“What the hell are you two doing?” Dean questions as he stood in the door way.
“Nothing. Why?” Rev was speaking but no one saw his lips move.
“It looks like … something… to me.” Banana said.
“No, nothing. Just thought maybe we would try to build a snow man. Didn’t have enough snow to make him entirely out of snow, so we used Rev. So technically he really is a snow MAN.” Deci said.
“Uh uh.” Dean raised an eye brow. “Well look you guys, I’m feeling a little weird about staying here at the folks house…Do you think it’d be too much to ask if we just kinda left now?”
Everyone looked at Dean. No one really cared, but they were curious as to how he even knew to go there. How did he know his father was still alive? Lucky guess?
“I know what you’re all thinking.” Dean said.
“That’s not creepy at all.” Rev said.
“No it’s not. It comes in handy. But seriously, I didn’t know he’d be here.”
“HE CAN READ OUR MIND!” Rev shouted.
“No, it was just really expressed on your faces. But look, I just had a feeling. If any of you had a feeling that your parents might be zombies and you needed to take care of it, I wouldn’t question you.” he said.
They all nodded and mumbled agreements.
“Alright, so it’s settled? We’ll leave in ten?” he asked.
“Of course.