Zombie 2.0 1/2

Well that’s great.

“I almost don’t know whether to take the guy seriously or think of him as a nut job.” Dean said on the way back. He was sitting on the back with Banana now and Rev was in the front with Deci.

“I don’t want to cast anything he said out just in case those zombies really are going to turn in to super zombies.”

“I know. But he was just so awkward.”

“How? Other then the fact that that guy trusts no body. He told us what we wanted to hear but not to save us, probably just so he doesn’t have the burdon of worrying about fast zeds.”

“He said he didn’t trust anyone, but he told us what he knew? We could of died off and he could have taken our supplies and anything else we had, for someone who doesn’t trust anyone he had diareah of the mouth.”

Banana snorted. “I think, like I said, he just didn’t want to be the only person to know. If we tell other people the word will get out, and just because he doesn’t trust anyone doesn’t mean he wouldn’t want to spare a few lives. You can not trust people but still feel bad for those who you actually could trust if you DID trust.”

“There’s a lot of trust in that sentence, but I get what you’re saying I guess.”

Inside the truck Rev and Deci were coming up with a plan. If the zombies were fast they’d need weapons for distance. Kill them while they were away not close up. Deci was sure you could still kill them with a shot gun but the odds of you surviving if there were more than one? Not very good.

“Someone needs to be on the back of the truck at all times and not just moping around back there. They need to be standing up at all times hanging on with a gun mounted and ready to shoot.”

“We need a death machine.” Rev said. “Hook it up to the top and blow through the ones that we are headed for, and whoever else is on back and point backwards and kill off whoever is left from the death machine.”

“That sounds like a good idea but where are we gonna get a death machine?”

“We need to be prepared right, for when we go to the mountain?”

“Yeah..”

“Well then it makes sense if we go up there, get set up and then come back down as soon as possible. Maybe we shouldn’t even go set up first, maybe we should get the guns and stuff then go up there. People could be up there already and do we even know how this thing spreads? Through blood, through whatever… I just don’t wanna come this far and die off because we weren’t prepared. You know? Dumb luck now and all that but then slack off and not be prepared? It’d be my own fault.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m sure we’ll think of something.” Deci said.

They approached the site where they had left Pilot and the others and turned off the truck and lights.

“Pilot? Norman?” Dean whispered from the back.

“Ivan?” Banana added.

There was no answer.

“Maybe they’re in the back of the truck?” Rev asked.

“I don’t know but I don’t like the quiet like this.” Deci said grabbing her gun.

“Me either.”

They got out of the truck as quietly as possible and got to the wheeler. Dean then climbed up the side of the thing and peeked in the back.

“Nothing in here.” He whispered frantically.

“Where the hell are they then?” Deci grumbled.

“NORMAN! PILOT!” Rev whispered loudly.

“We should split up. We know what to expect, make sure you take something effective with you and DO NO leave your partner.” Dean said.

“Good idea, we’ll take where we saw the first zombie.” Deci said then her and Rev walked off in the opposite direction that Banana and Dean headed out on.

“What do you think happened?” Rev asked the further they went. The passed a picnic table and stopped looking around for the zombie body.

“I don’t know, but it’s too quiet. Usually we’ve heard something by now.”

“I know. It scares me, we’ve been too lucky so far.”

“We’ve been saying it for awhile now, I was beginning to wonder if anything would happen.” Deci squinted. “What’s that?”

Rev looked over and squinted as well. “Is that a…light?”

“It looks like a really tiny faint light yeah…”

They cautiously walked with guns raised towards the tiny light. It was hidden partly by a bush and the closer they got the more interested they become.

“What…the…” Deci reached the bush first and Rev looked around to make sure they weren’t about to get jumped from the back.

“Rev?”

“Yeah?”

“I don’t know if I want to be here right now.” She said, her voice starting to shake.

“Why what’s-.” His voice cut off.

Sticking out of the bush was a long arm and as he followed the arm up he noticed a body that was torn to pieces. The face of the person was completely gone, blood pouring out on to the ground. Scratch marks were in the arm’s flesh and a smell was coming from that area.

“We need to go, now.”

“Rev?”

“Yes?”

“It’s Pilot.”

Rev’s eye brows nearly shot off his forehead as they raised to a point. His eyes bulged a little and his mouth slightly opened. When he regained control of his body he walked over quickly to Deci and grabbed her arm and pulled her away from it.

“Are you sure?” He asked.

“I’m sure, look.” She pointed, her hands shaking like her voice.

“Ohhhh shit.” He said mildy.

“We need to go, now.”

They took off running not caring if they made noise or not to try to find Banana and Dean. Luckily they were headed back to where they had originally split up from.

“Pilot is dead. Pilot is dead. He’s torn to pieces in the bushes over there.” Deci said.

Rev put an arm around her and shook his head when Dean looked to him.

“He is dead man, he was torn apart. His face wasn’t there, it was bad. I think she’s right, we need to get out of here. Did you find anything that would tell us where Norman and Ivan are?”

“No we haven’t seen anything. Pilot is dead?” He repeated.

“I can’t believe he’s dead just like that… He wanted to go out with a bang but it almost seemed like he was going to change his mind about all that.” Banana said.

“I know. But maybe the zombies changed already! I don’t know what’s going on but I don’t want to stick around here to find out. We need to find the other two…or well, what’s left of them maybe and get out of here.” Dean said.

The four of them feeling rather paranoid and scared about finding Pilot’s body in the bushes, continued to search for clues as to where Ivan and Norman could have been.

After they split up again, Rev and Deci taking a trail that lead down to water and Banana and Dean over looking the truck once more, the feeling that they would find them was starting to diminish.

“What if it wasn’t zombies? What if when we went back to talk to that guy someone came for the others?” Dean asked Banana as he gave her a boost to look in the back of the wheeler.

“You think the mystery guy did it?” She asked.

“I couldn’t say. He may of, he said he saw us there before.”

“He seemed like he liked to be alone to me. I don’t think he was with anyone.”

“He could have been lying about not liking or trusting people you know. He could have been one of those freaks that kindapped us before.”

“I don’t think that is the case. However you do have a point. He could be working with someone but I just didn’t get that feeling from him. He seemed like he wanted to scare us more than anything which..if he wanted us to be afraid of him I doubt he had anyone there to help him out. Right?”

“Who knows. It sounds reasonable. But how would we know?”

“I don’t see anyone or anything up here that would suggest they’ve even been here. It looks really empty.” Banana said climbing down off the truck.

“Where could of they gone? They were here when we left and one of them is dead, which by the way is freaking me out a little bit. We don’t know if someone else killed him or hybrid zombie got to him before we could warn them.”

“What worries me is we’re waiting around and not getting things together. We may have to leave them.”

“They didn’t leave us.” Dean said.

“They made the right choice to be the good guy, and right now while we’re being good guys in this situation we don’t really have room to be the good guy. We need to go find Deci and Rev and start thinking about getting out of here.”

Dean sighed. “I wouldn’t feel right about leaving them here.”

“We might not have a choice.”

Down by the river Rev and Deci were looking for signs of Norman and Ivan. Things weren’t looking good for them as they pushed on, Deci was getting worried the further they went.

“I don’t like the way things are going. Pilot’s dead and.. I don’t even know how to react to it really. I can’t believe it was him. It was him wasn’t it?”

“Yeah it was him.” Deci answered as she squinted in to the dark. “Do you see that?” She asked and took off to where the water met the dirt.

“Wait up!” Rev said jogging after her.

“Oh my God! It’s Norman! Norman? Norman!” Deci knelt down by a lump and as Rev approached them he realized that the lump was Norman, who was still alive. Barely.

“Norman what happened?” Deci asked trying to pull him up right. Of course this failed when blood started pouring down his chest and he coughed more up.

“Norman? God, Norman? Can you hear me? Can you?” Deci was frantically talking to him.

“Don’t…trust..” More blood.

“Don’t trust who? Don’t trust WHO Norman?” Rev asked kneeling down too so he could hear him better through the gurgles.

“Zom…zom…not..enemy..watch…your ba-.”

“Where is Ivan!?” Rev asked quickly. But he didn’t get an answer.

One last final cough from Norman and then his eyes went glossy. Unlike in the movies they didn’t shut on their own. Deci’s eyes watered as she put down his dead body and then stood up. She felt like she was about to be sick but didn’t have time as Rev spun around and started firing.

“Zombies. We need to get out of the woods and find Ivan if we can before we jet out of here.” Rev grabbed Deci’s arm and they ran for their lives.