Zombie 2.0 1/2

He sniffed you out! And he doesn’t even have a nose. I checked.

When the truck came to a halt in front of the last place they had seen the mystery man, Ivan started to get uneasy.

“I don’t get why he’s so on edge, he doesn’t know the guy here does he?” Deci asked Rev.

“I wouldn’t even know. Right now I’m so tired that I have no idea what’s going on, and quite honestly I’m afraid that I’ve come this far and won’t make it out just because of something stupid. I don’t really want that to happen.”

“I don’t either.” She mumbled.

“Alright, you two go in and make sure the guy wants to let us stay. We’ll stay in the car in case he decides to shoot you… that way we can make a clean get away.” Dean said with a slight smile on his face.

“I’m starting to think that’s what you want to happen in the end of this story.” Deci said.

“Not at all.”

“I think he just wants to be alone with Banana.” Rev said.

“If you two don’t go I’ll go. But I’m not going to be nice to the guy I won’t give him a choice. He’s going to let us stay.” Ivan said.

The four of them looked at him. Since when did he start throwing out orders and turn in to an asshole?

“Um, I don’t think that will be necessary. We’re not trying to get the guy mad at us.” Banana said.

“I don’t care if he does get mad. It’s not up to him we out number him.”

“Why don’t you just calm down cowboy? We don’t need to get hostile, I’m sure that I can convince him to let us stay.” Deci said. She looked at her friends. “You guys don’t have to go with me. I doubt he’ll hurt me.”

“You don’t know that. And we have a huge rule remember? No one goes any where alone.” Rev said stubbornly.

“He may not like it if we all come barrel assing back in to his territory. I promise, if something goes wrong it’s me and him. I can shoot him.”

“I hate to repeat myself, but for the hundredth time! This isn’t the movies! And I hate to tell you this but you’re not THAT great with a gun. He probably has more experience than you do.” Dean said. “I don’t want anything to happen to you as I’m sure neither do the others.”

Deci sighed heavily. “Look you can use the binoculars and a sniper rifle. If I give you the signal shoot him. I’ll make sure he stays in your line of sight.”

“And if he catches on and doesn’t stay in our line of sight?” Dean pressed.

She grunted. “Do you want to have a safe place to stay or not?”

“I don’t know why you’re taking it upon yourself to go in there all hero like. What makes you think you can change his mind?” Rev asked.

She was growing more impatient. She knew that it would only take a little bit of coaxing and the guy didn’t make her feel as weird as he had them apparently. She felt like he just needed a little bit of alone time with just one person.

“I say let her do it. But we’ll keep a close eye on her. If she’s not out in ten minutes, we’re going in. Sound fair enough?” Ivan asked.

“I guess. I told you, I’ll keep him in your line of sight, he won’t know. I’m crafty. Trust me. You have so little faith in me.”

Banana sighed. “It’s not that we don’t have faith in you it’s just…like meeting a guy off the internet and all your friends having a bad feeling but you don’t. Then he really ends up being a creep… or he actually turns out to be a good guy. We don’t know which of the endings this story is gonna take.”

Deci nodded. “I know, but we have to take the chance. If he does kill me you guys will live and move on.”

“Not worth it. This is NOT worth it.” Rev shook his head. “I am not letting you go in there by yourself. Don’t be ridiculous.”

“We can sit here all night and argue about it OR we can actually do it. I’ll take a gun, I won’t give it up if he tells me to. I’ll just leave or something and if he starts to act like he’s gonna hurt me I’ll shoot him. He won’t even be expecting us back. I don’t think he was watching us the entire time we were there. If he was, he was scared and that’s why he didn’t come out.”

“Someone who is scared can do some crazy shit.” Ivan added.

“I didn’t ask you.” She snapped. She then looked to Rev. “I know you don’t want to let me go but I’m telling you, everything is gonna be fine. If I’m not back in ten minutes then just come busting in.”

“A place to stay isn’t that hard to find, it’s not worth sending you in there unknowing what’s gonna happen!” Rev argued some more.

“I think we should just all go together. Numbers and what not, he can’t refuse us. And if he tried to shoot us all, well it wouldn’t work out so well for him.” Banana said.

Deci finally had had enough. “Look, I’m going in there whether you guys want me to or not. His place is the safest place here for miles he’s got it rigged so nothing can get in and out. We don’t know what’s going on with the zombies and he does, he’s ready for it.”

“How DID he get ready for it? How is it he knows what’s going on here and no one else does?” Ivan asked.

“He’s been watching the zombies and said he saw it. He watched it do it’s thing, and if you don’t like this idea Ivan you can walk to wherever you want to go.” Dean said grumpily. “Fine. Deci go, but KEEP that man in our sight. If he refuses or catches on just pull you gun and don’t ask any questions. Shoot him.”

“Alright. I will.” She got off the back of the truck and Rev hopped down beside her.

“I can’t let you go alone.” He said in a tone she had never heard him use.

“You don’t have to. Just keep watch from here, I’ll be fine.”

“I don’t know that. And I can’t just wing it. I won’t lose you.”

“You won’t.” She said quietly. “You just have to trust me. We don’t want to upset the guy he’s the safest bet we have right now. I know that we could go anywhere else and take turns staying up and keeping an eye out but we all need sleep but we all need to rest up and there is nowhere we all can get the same amounts of sleep and rest up for sure at the same time.” Deci said.

“Yeah but that doesn’t mean you have to go alone.” He grabbed her arm and held on to it. “I just don’t want anything to happen to you so please let me go.”

She frowned. “Give me five minutes and then come in looking for me. That’s the best I can do.”

“For the record I don’t like this. Just for the record. So we all know I was against it.” He said.

She cracked a small smile. “It’s noted. Thank you.” She hugged him and he kissed the top of her head. Then she started walking towards the building they had last seen the man in.